• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

IMO players with injury histories are more prone to miss time and have issues again, that's just from decades of watching football...occassionally a guy that had an injury history defies the odds and puts together a 2rd act of healthy play to end their career, it's rare tho...

I'm already going into this expecting a long IR list by midseason, if it doesn't come to pass I'll be pleasantly surprised...
    At least this new staff plans for adversity...Staley and Telesco is like chilll man...nothings going to happen....LOL!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Thats a good take. Lets not forget that the management, entire coaching staff and roster had to be rebuilt, and this is just year 1 of the process. But is it is interesting as hell to watch it unfold, and as Jerimiah said this week we really havent seen the starters on the field ina game so the huge mystery to it all makes it exciting.

I think it is a wok in progress but the over riding great feeling is that the team is finally in good hands and the potential for the next few years feels very good.
      I hope their cooking up something good...

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Nice. But you made me cringe with 'their'.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Nice. But you made me cringe with 'their'.
          Mental error...They're instead.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Chef Hortiz is on it!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Mental error...They're instead.
              That is what you get for being the grammar police Typing is my problem actuially !

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Thats a good take. Lets not forget that the management, entire coaching staff and roster had to be rebuilt, and this is just year 1 of the process. But is it is interesting as hell to watch it unfold, and as Jerimiah said this week we really havent seen the starters on the field ina game so the huge mystery to it all makes it exciting.

I think it is a wok in progress but the over riding great feeling is that the team is finally in good hands and the potential for the next few years feels very good.
                That bolded part^^^
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

At least this new staff plans for adversity...Staley and Telesco is like chilll man...nothings going to happen....LOL!
                  The general consensus seems to be that the new GM/Chef has taken the cooking at the Charger FO to 3 star Michelin level, gone are the days of the $3.99 buffet cooking that we've all been accustomed to eating for over a decade...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We need a lot to go right. If Dobbins can stay healthy is a big if. Gus with that gaudy YPC only averaged better than 50 YPG once, six years ago. It remains to be seen whether a guy who's 29 can have a big year as the lead back.
                    A healthy skepticism is always in order with our Chargers.

That said, I am counting on Dobbins to have a big, big impact. His game is just what we want.

There is vision plus between the tackles and to the edge running. The game vids show that he has a nose for the end zone.

Gus, as RB#2, won't have gaudy stats, but will give us important yardage.

We will convert in short yardage situations, and will get many TDs over FGs.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

IMO players with injury histories are more prone to miss time and have issues again, that's just from decades of watching football...occassionally a guy that had an injury history defies the odds and puts together a 2rd act of healthy play to end their career, it's rare tho...

I'm already going into this expecting a long IR list by midseason, if it doesn't come to pass I'll be pleasantly surprised...
                      Let's narrow it down to game one. One game at a time. Over the course of 17+ games there will be injuries. Definitely.
                      The concept that you can say who, when and how bad before any have played is where it gets a little blurry..

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

A healthy skepticism is always in order with our Chargers.

That said, I am counting on Dobbins to have a big, big impact. His game is just what we want.

There is vision plus between the tackles and to the edge running. The game vids show that he has a nose for the end zone.

Gus, as RB#2, won't have gaudy stats, but will give us important yardage.

We will convert in short yardage situations, and will get many TDs over FGs.
                        Interesting. You think Gus is RB2?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Let's narrow it down to game one. One game at a time. Over the course of 17+ games there will be injuries. Definitely.
                          The concept that you can say who, when and how bad before any have played is where it gets a little blurry..
                          maybe it is to you but to me there's nothing blurry about predicting that Dobbins, Bosa, Hurst, Perryman, and others will most likely only play part of the season...hopefully I'm wrong and these guys find a way to play thru the year...

Comment

Working...
                          X