• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I'm baffled as to why Sick is on the roster. He looked ok last year but still went 0-4. In the last 3 pre-season games he looked like he regressed. His throws were way off target, and he had no velocity on the ball. I'm guessing they are waiting to make sure they have a solid #2 before they let him go.
    Yup he can’t make the excuse he didn’t play with 1’s.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      I hope we beat the Raiders 48-10. That'll shut up the ignorant Raider fans who keep throwing out that 63-21 win thinking it will piss us off while they have no clue it doesnt bother us because it got rid of Staley and Telesco.
      I like to remind them of the GM that built that team is now theirs lol.

Now they complain he didnt move up for a QB.
      The day after that loss, I went into work with a huge smile on my face and one of my coworkers, a Raider diehard, he asked, "What the hell are you so happy about?" What I told him left him completely stumped, no comebacks and nothing to say, LOL!
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The day after that loss, I went into work with a huge smile on my face and one of my coworkers, a Raider diehard, he asked, "What the hell are you so happy about?" What I told him left him completely stumped, no comebacks and nothing to say, LOL!
        I was happy as well, exactly as you were thinking. Telesco’s perpetual middling average performance saved that schmuck for a decade, I’d called for his firing for the last 4 or 5 years - he couldn’t build a Champ roster.

and Staley - good grief, we’ve all said what needed to be said. White board genius, clueless in the real world, stubbornly certain his failure was not his fault
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yep. Also Greg Roman and Sanjay Lal both have said they don't really know how the offense will perform at the beginning of the season. All new skill position pieces except Herbert and a couple of WRs who are expected to have dramatically different roles
          It's going to be rough to start the season, hopefully they find a way to establish the run, that'll be the key and something I'm not taking for granted that they'll be able to do initially...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

I hope we beat the Raiders 48-10. That'll shut up the ignorant Raider fans who keep throwing out that 63-21 win thinking it will piss us off while they have no clue it doesnt bother us because it got rid of Staley and Telesco.

I would love to see that but realistically I don't think it will be a blow out. I think the defense is ready but not sure about the offense. I would have loved to see Herbert in for a few series in the last preseason game. I'm just not confident the rhythm will be there at the start. I still think they can get out to a fast start but it's going to take the defense playing lights out while the offense plays catch up, but with Herbert who knows. They could come out firing on all cylinders.
            Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
            REC: 8
            YARDS: 89
            TDS: 2

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

This isn't *new* news, but it's the first time I saw an article written about it.

Jim Harbaugh has bequeathed Joe Hortiz with a nickname. Officer Dibble may have to put Topcat on Suicide Watch.

Chargers GM Gifted New Nickname by Jim Harbaugh After Multiple Roster Moves (msn.com)

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

That blowout loss to the Raiders was the lynchpin that triggered the sequence of events that have led to the Bolts being led by Hortiz and Harbaugh.

Pretty sure who's going to have the "last laugh" here.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                  This isn't *new* news, but it's the first time I saw an article written about it.

Jim Harbaugh has bequeathed Joe Hortiz with a nickname. Topcat may have to be put on Suicide Watch.

Chargers GM Gifted New Nickname by Jim Harbaugh After Multiple Roster Moves (msn.com)
                  Goddamnit Jim - stop going rogue! ITS TRADER JOE!
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It's going to be rough to start the season, hopefully they find a way to establish the run, that'll be the key and something I'm not taking for granted that they'll be able to do initially...
                    "Hopefully they find a way to establish the run"? Agreed. With a bunch of solid vets working two weeks on a plan to do so.
                    Roman, Bozeman, Gus and Dobbins have done this before. Together. Slater, Zion and Alt ain't too shabby, It's a good bet that G-Ro has his run game locked and loaded.. Definitely not his first dance party.
                    Meanwhile the '23 LVR sucked at run D.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I was happy as well, exactly as you were thinking. Telesco’s perpetual middling average performance saved that schmuck for a decade, I’d called for his firing for the last 4 or 5 years - he couldn’t build a Champ roster.

and Staley - good grief, we’ve all said what needed to be said. White board genius, clueless in the real world, stubbornly certain his failure was not his fault
                      I think Telesco assembled a pretty good starting lineup, but the depth was awful and the idea that you stick with the roster you created before camp starts and do nothing but call up practice squad guys to fill injury holes was beyond bad.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think Telesco assembled a pretty good starting lineup, but the depth was awful and the idea that you stick with the roster you created before camp starts and do nothing but call up practice squad guys to fill injury holes was beyond bad.
                        RIP Telesco era. It certainly looks like Chef Hortiz has cooked up better depth. But before we crown him let's see how the top of the roster performs because our skill positions are ??

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Jim Harbaugh has bequeathed Joe Hortiz with a nickname. Officer Dibble may have to put Topcat on Suicide Watch.

Chef Boy Hortiz
                          OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X