• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Go Chargers go
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2023
    • Send PM

I personally think Bosa career as a full time pass rusher is over. I would take whatever the best offer is. It’s just my guy feeling. He plays one of the most explosive positions against one of the biggest player with high skills.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I wouldn't turn down a 2nd or 3rd of course- its more that with the Chargers cap situation - teams know they might not have the leverage to extract top end compensation. As if the Chargers are trading Bosa - will they really hold on to him if they get a 5th rounder instead of a 4th rounder.
      And if teams think he is worth the risk and think he is still a great player that needs a change of scenery, they might say....well hec ill given you a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If a team or teams would want him, they compete with 31 other teams if we cut him or give a low ball offer.

They will weigh the best offers and if they think unloading him is best, will take the best one without sending him to a rival....whenther that offer is a 5th or a 2nd. Id love to have the 2nd but if it's from KC do you trade him there? Chances are he might be hurt but there always the chance he isn't and we have to face him.

I believe we will get some offers. Possibly for Mack as well but being in the last year of his deal, it may be lower offers and they wait for us to cut him......then the competing begins to sign him but he is also gonna be 33.
      Who knows though. He just had a 17 sack season.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

this article was some writers pipe dream

If you are correct, and they get a 2nd or higher for Bosa - I will send $50 to the food bank of your choice..
        My food bank of choice is Senor Panchos at the corner of San Marcos Blvd (Rd?) and Rancho Santa Fe
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

My food bank of choice is Senor Panchos at the corner of San Marcos Blvd (Rd?) and Rancho Santa Fe
          That corner is literally 1 1/2 miles west of my office . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

This is a good list which is why I have been thinking they need to move on from Mack as well as Bosa and Williams. Again, they can move the money around but in 12 months - they will have less spending power and they might be in a better position to win with one draft class as well as preparing for a second. Also JH2 will have a better understanding of the roster - if any of Telescos players made the jump before jumping deep into free agency

The Chargers need so much that I think it’s better to have multiple players instead of one Khalil Mack. Granted, that one player will not individually be better than Mack. But maybe getting multiple players to add depth across the board would be better for 2024 without adding too much cap to the future.
            Don’t see how multiple depth guys, ie guys on the bench, make our starters better or even as good, but whatevs.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post
              I personally think Bosa career as a full time pass rusher is over. I would take whatever the best offer is. It’s just my guy feeling. He plays one of the most explosive positions against one of the biggest player with high skills.
              I'm afraid Bosa is wearing down...injured large parts of the past two seasons...likely it will continue...I'd trade him for a 4th rounder...maybe even a high 5th...

Comment

• Tol
                From Accounting
                • Mar 2019
                • Carlsbad
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Ah, the Train! Solid.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I really hope they trade Bosa and Mack for different reasons. Bosa I suspect isn’t a Harbaugh guy. Bosa is a Bosa guy and I’m not sure he will translate well to the sort of hard nosed coach. Mack is just getting older and may have another season or two in him but frankly it’s a gamble and you’re selling really high on him right now. If they were to renegotiate one I hope it’s Mack for a two year deal but after last season his agents going to want bank and he’s also the easiest to get cap space from sooo.

I also think JH is going to want to bring in some young motivated guys who he can help coach up. I think he will love Tuli and I suspect that he will get more out of him next year than we expect and could bring in another young edge rusher with the picks we get to develop and motivate better than the two older stuck in their way guys.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Don’t see how multiple depth guys, ie guys on the bench, make our starters better or even as good, but whatevs.
                    don't see how a bunch of UDFAs as your starters and back-ups make the team better but whatevs...

One thing Telesco did terrible was build the roster - no depth. Just trying to allocate resources that might build more depth

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

There is a lot of WR depth in this draft so don’t hate the idea of moving on from Mike Williams. But then again if we’re in a more play action offense then maybe he won’t get worn out with contested catch after contested catch all the time.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        JH3 and Me
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

That corner is literally 1 1/2 miles west of my office . . . . . . . . . . . .
                        I feel guilty that I never drop off donations. It’s always a withdrawal. Always.

I live just west
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

The Bosa contract is what it is...
                          The Mack contract is what it is...
                          The smart money restructures Joey and prays for health.
                          My guess on trades... if everyone here prefers Mack to Joey, then why wouldn't everybody else...?

The only player I would extend is Keenan. People keep expecting a drop-off. Hasn't come. He may be getting better...
                          Extending also helps the cap. Restructuring Bosa helps the cap. Restructuring Derwin helps the cap.
                          Trading Mack helps the cap more than any other move you could make.
                          Cut MW. Cut Linsley. Cut Kendricks.

All of those moves get you $30m under the cap. You even have enough money to go get FA's like Hunter Henry and D'Andre Swift.
                          OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X