Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Fuaga is a stud OT/OG prospect that will interest several teams up high.
    The key question is how and when the run on the position occurs.
    I see Latham as a perfect fit for us at ORT.

From Duke Manyweather's fresh convo with Voch Lombardi...
    --Latham is a tackle.
    --Fuaga, Fautanu might be guards.
    --Frazier is the best Center in the draft.
    --Sedrick has the highest of football IQs.
    --Mason McCormick remains a favorite sleeper of Duke's.
    Duke and Voch?

Wu and Nutty?!

Cats and Dogs?!!!

Its a rabbit hole, TPB!! Quick! Everybody back out, turn around, and run!
    Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

#1 in my heart.
      Darius "4.36" Davis
      top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 3

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Beach...Im reading a lot of "HE calls him..." and "THEY said he..."

What about YOU? Have you really dug in and watched him yet? I finally watched more than a couple of games this time around, and to my eyes, he always gets to where he needs to be to either swallow up the rush, or lay down a run block...all 360#s of him. Maybe Im being optimistic, but I dont think he is gonna be another Fluker. Hell...Fluker wouldnt have been Fluker, if he played smarter and more disciplined and consistent...but he was lazy in his tech, and got fooled easily with pass rush moves...I think this kid has more going on upstairs than DJ...and he will be landing with a much better staff.. training and coaching....

But Fuaga and Latham...love em both...splitting hairs...if its RT in the first, gimme either and Ill be happy...
        quick search couldn't find nuthin' but highlights, and.... I know who Voch likes better than JC.... it ain't close, and.... will humor you if you find me some tape to watch,

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Duke and Voch?

Wu and Nutty?!

Cats and Dogs?!!!

Its a rabbit hole, TPB!! Quick! Everybody back out, turn around, and run!
          Hahahaha.
          Tell your wife that watching NCAA vids is one of your weekend chores.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

quick search couldn't find nuthin' but highlights, and.... I know who Voch likes better than JC.... it ain't close, and.... will humor you if you find me some tape to watch,
            I think the youtube channel was nflfilm something or other...
            Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Duck of Death
              Social Piranha
              • May 2022
              • Flyover, USA
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Fuaga is a stud OT/OG prospect that will interest several teams up high.
              The key question is how and when the run on the position occurs.
              I see Latham as a perfect fit for us at ORT.

From Duke Manyweather's fresh convo with Voch Lombardi...
              --Latham is a tackle.
              --Fuaga, Fautanu might be guards.
              --Frazier is the best Center in the draft.
              --Sedrick has the highest of football IQs.
              --Mason McCormick remains a favorite sleeper of Duke's.
              One thing I did like about Fuaga - he emphatically shut down arguably the best pass rusher in the nation in Laiatu Latu. And he did it again at the Senior Bowl, albeit in just a couple reps.

While we’re on the topic of OL, what do you all think about Dom Puni? I was super impressed with his Senior Bowl performance as well. Unless I missed something, he handled everyone he faced. Supposedly he can also play C & G. I know that he doesn’t have the preferred length for OT, but a versatile dude like that could be of great benefit. I admit I don’t know squat about O-line play, other than what I read from guys like Thorn & others (Talkin Giants YT channel seems to know his stuff). Would love to hear from some of you OL experts out there.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
                We are all assuming that Vikes are trading up and with the Chargers ( mostly ).
                HOWEVER, I have been doing some reading. Maybe the Vikes are staying where they are at ( which, by the way, is a great place to be in a stacked draft ). The Texans approached then on the trade for #23. Vikes just saw it as a real good deal for them. Mockers just assumed they did to trade up in draft. 2nd there are a lot of evaluator who study how college QB and their system translate to the NFL. They are not as high on Maye as the mockers. He is at best a long term project. On JJ Mc they are a little higher but he is also a project. Why would the Vikes use so much capital with a NOT SURE THING ? They view Nix has a better fit for the Vikes offense and what their coach has said is needed, which they can get at #11 for sure and maybe even #23.
                Draft has a lot of surprises each year, and mostly it's a surprise to the more well know "mockers". If mockers were good at what they did ( evaluate talent ) they would have jobs in the NFL.
                I am not saying they are not moving up. As stated above, this is a stacked draft andI would love for the Chargers to have #11 and ##23. YUM!
                I can totally see another QB-needy team trading with ARZ, yep.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I can totally see another QB-needy team trading with ARZ, yep.
                  But would AZ lose out on the ability to get MHJr or Nabers or even Odunze.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

AZ can trade out of 4 to a team that wants a QB. And then they can trade with the Chargers for pick 5 and still take MHJ or Nabors. And they get whatever extra stuff they can out of it for basically doing nothing and taking the player they wanted all along. Chargers wanting to trade down has to be the worst secret in the NFL right now and some teams might feel like they can take advantage.

Or maybe THEY take a QB and trade the mini QB they have to the Broncos or Raiders….. a QB like Murray who doesn’t like to study is a match made in heaven for a HC like Pierce

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

One thing I did like about Fuaga - he emphatically shut down arguably the best pass rusher in the nation in Laiatu Latu. And he did it again at the Senior Bowl, albeit in just a couple reps.

While we’re on the topic of OL, what do you all think about Dom Puni? I was super impressed with his Senior Bowl performance as well. Unless I missed something, he handled everyone he faced. Supposedly he can also play C & G. I know that he doesn’t have the preferred length for OT, but a versatile dude like that could be of great benefit. I admit I don’t know squat about O-line play, other than what I read from guys like Thorn & others (Talkin Giants YT channel seems to know his stuff). Would love to hear from some of you OL experts out there.

https://youtu.be/zjPXyIoMQY4?si=m2CDGoeZm1Bairg4
                      Greg Cosell said pn Rosz Tucker's podcast that he loves Taliese.
                      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2024
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This right here. It's hard for me to fathom Arizona and Monti Ossenfort passing up on getting the Non QB prize of this draft in Harrison Jr. by trading down to #11 without more 2025 capital. They don't need the capital this year. In fact, if I'm Ossenfort, I'm trading #27 for a 2025 first because I have pick #35 and the talent difference between 27 and 35 is minimal.

I heard they like Odunze as well but none the less, no reason to trade out to #11 without a 2025 1st involved.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I think the youtube channel was nflfilm something or other...
                          I looked at a little bit of stuff for him, and.... will agree that they are more similar than dissimilar.... one thing in particular, is that you might be able to get around the either of 'em every once in awhile, and.... you are not sneakin' 'round them unscathed.... there is def a toll to pay going 'round their outside, and no matter if you are successful or not, and.... let alone the toll for going up against them for four quarters,

'nother thing, is there def isn't anyone that's gonna go thru the either of 'em, and.... still heavily in favor of Fuaga, and largely due to intangibles.... no contest for me there,

Comment

Working...
                          X