• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    JH3 and Me
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Renardo Green shut down Nabers in the FSU vs LSU game. Nabers had 6 catches for 67 yards and 0 TDS. I think he only had 2 catches against Green that game. Green is a stud and hope we find a way to draft him.
    Green looks like a player
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      See ya Vato. I think he's past his peak, but who knows for sure. No need for a thread for his departure.

Hopefully he got 4-5 mil from them.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
        Keenan is being smart. Make some $$, play real well and then next year he can go anywhere he wants to.
        Why Is JJ Mc dominating the conversation. Until the Michigan game Penix was really highly rated. He has a cannon and showed a lot of touch. Are GM's doing a disservice to him? He could easily be better than 2 of the top 4 QB's this year.I can see NE trading back and still getting this guy.
        I really don't see Minnesota trading up to JJ. It's gotta be one of the top 3. Best trade I saw was Tennessee with Vikes and Vikes taking JJ.

Which team / coach / QB combo would give KA the best opportunity to 'play real well' in 2024??? Chicago or LAC? IMO he wasn't smart at all, and will end up costing himself way more in future (lost) revenue than anything he would have left on the table taking a pay cut here . . . . . . . . And I don't believe him when he says it wasn't emotional . . . .

I agree with you on Penix. He didn't have a great game in the final, but he's got as much ability (or more) than any of the other guys this year . . . . . . . and he ate Texas for lunch in the semi's . . . . . . . . . . .the ball seems to jump out of his hand . . . . . Me personally I'd take him over JJ & Nix for sure . . . . .

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Mack cap number in 2025 is only 8mil.
          He isn't going anywhere.
          Meanwhile Bosa cap number in 2025 is 36mil and Chargers save 25mil if they cut or trade him next offseason.

Verse would be a great pick up. Not only to add another pass rusher this year.
          But, also because Joey has an injury history.

I like that Hortiz said he goes BPA because you never 1 player away and he doesn't want to pass up on good football player to fill need.

A trade of #5 for #11 & #23.

#11 BPA (Verse-Edge)
          #23 BPA. (JPJ-OC)

1st pick edge when you have Mack and Bosa versus WR when you have QJ? Are you swilling ketamine with Elon?

Newsflash, you lost your two best starting receivers and brought back all your pass rushers.

Im all for drafting a “prospect” in later rounds, but you have to address receiver void early and often.

Also, on defense, I think DT and CB still remains a higher priority than edge.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Yes, he had over 170 yards in that game. Only 17 of them came against Terrion Arnold and about eight against Kool-Aid. He did it against Alabama's lesser defensive backs, which is why you need to actually watch the games.

And you are full of it with Washington. Yes, he hasn't done well with the Steelers for one year, but saying he hardly touched the ball at Georgia shows you clearly didn't watch their games.
            Say what? Alabama was supposed to have two of the best CBs in the nation and Nabors absolutely torched them. Try again.

Now let's get to Washington. In 2021 when Bowers was healthy Washington caught a grand total of 10 passes.
            In 2022 when Bowers missed games due to injury and then played hurt during the later part of Georgia's season
            Washington caught 28 passea. Big F'king deal.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Say what? Alabama was supposed to have two of the best CBs in the nation and Nabors absolutely torched them. Try again.

Now let's get to Washington. In 2021 when Bowers was healthy Washington caught a grand total of 10 passes.
              In 2022 when Bowers missed games due to injury and then played hurt during the later part of Georgia's season
              Washington caught 28 passea. Big F'king deal.
              Wrong...once again. Bowers and Washington both played 15 games in 2022. Washington caught 28 passes as the #2 tight end.

Nabers caught two passes for 25 yards against Arnold and Kool-Aid on the plays he lined up against them. He torched Malachi Moore, a safety/slot defender who is returning to Alabama for his fifth season in 2024 instead of declaring for the draft.

Watch the games.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

1st pick edge when you have Mack and Bosa versus WR when you have QJ? Are you swilling ketamine with Elon?
                You want to go back to back #1 with WR, with Harbaugh and Roman as OC who will be in a lot of 2TE sets and only have 2 WR on field. And you already have QJ, Palmer .....so you #1 draft pick is on sideline watching.

They can move Bosa inside and have Verse at Edge

They can have Mack, Bosa, Verse, Tuli all on the field getting after Patrick Mahomes. And rotate them to keep them fresh.

You want to beat him with a new shiny toy WR that is dependent on OL and QB. Good job Telesco....go manage the Raiturds.

if Harrison Jr. Is there at#5 or of Rome is there at #11....maybe.

But I think Cardinals say No to a trade and take Harrison Jr.
                They need WR badly. And they risk not getting one of top 3 if they trade back to #11 with Vikings.

1.QB
                2.QB
                3.QB
                4.WR Harrison Jr
                5.Vikings trade up. Bolts get pick #11 and #23.

Chargers are in prime spot to trade back. And build a tough team that runs the ball and plays defense.

​​​​​
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Renardo Green shut down Nabers in the FSU vs LSU game. Nabers had 6 catches for 67 yards and 0 TDS. I think he only had 2 catches against Green that game. Green is a stud and hope we find a way to draft him.
                  Green does look very good. That's a game where LSU got routed. LSU D stunk. It was also the last game of the year. LSU was playing for nothing.
                  FSU was making a statement for a National Champ bid. Pretty sure that was Nabors worst or one of his worst game.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Renardo Green CB, FSU. Best press corner in college last year that no one is talking about. You would have to get him in the 2nd.

Renardo Green | Cornerback | Florida State | 2023 Highlights | 2024 NFL Draft (youtube.com)
                    I mentioned him a few weeks ago. Good prospect

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Perryman got 3m and OTC.com has the Texans getting a 7th round pick for him

Granted, have to see what Hurts and Poona Ford are making - but if Davis makes $3m and those two are scheduled to make under $2m - Chargers should be in the realm of another draft pick.
                      Cool 👍

Here’s the updated numbers for Bosa by the way.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Newsflash, you lost your two best starting receivers and brought back all your pass rushers.

Im all for drafting a “prospect” in later rounds, but you have to address receiver void early and often.

Also, on defense, I think DT and CB still remains a higher priority than edge.
                        ^ This...After a trade-down for picks, I'd like to go DT with our first pick, then address C, then CB...in that order if possible...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...After a trade-down for picks, I'd like to go DT with our first pick, then address C, then CB...in that order if possible...
                          I am still going talent above position with those first picks. Removing QBs - start crossing off names. Unless you come to a situation where you drafted WR and WR is the best player on your board - maybe you move on to the next player. But this roster could use so much - and the Ravens philosophy is best player.

Comment

Working...
                          X