• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

That's how it was looked at prior to them being picked. They did not have average rookie seasons. I'm sure if "generational" was used so often in 2017 that wide receiver draft class, which included three top ten picks, would be labeled as such. Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross didn't turn out that way, though.
    Wrong

No one would have looked at 2017 as a great WR class. The pick of Williams at 7 was called a bit of a reach. BTW taking off the homer glasses Williams never lived up to his draft. Two 1000 yard seasons in 7 years and zero pro bowls is not a good return for a 7 overall pick.

Last years WR class wasnt that spectacular. The top 2 picks JSN and QJ were not anything special. Addison and Flowers were good, but we are not talking dominant the way the top 3 this year could be. The class was saved by Puka a complete outlier that hapens once in a blue moon.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The rounds I really like to talk about are Rounds 2-4.
      A trade-back to #11 also nets us the #23 pick (an interesting conversation).
      If that trade went down, that would be 6 picks in the Top-110.
      Now THAT would be exciting!

Jeremiah (apparently a TPB favorite) has Edgerrin Cooper @#24.
      We just had EC in for a workout I hear. What do you think about EC Woody?
      I love the LB class this year. I remember you were a big fan of Patrick Queen (Ravens drafted #28)
      What are your thoughts on Queen v Coop...?
      Im not Wud but i love Cooper.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My guess - the team will trade down if possible

But if you are staying at 5 - you have to take the best player on your draft board. And the Chargers could use a game breaking play making WR.

I still prefer the trade to 11 and getting Bowers or RT
        I am with you. RT or Bowers at 11 is just fine. But at 5 you have to take the most elite, best payer and this year that is a WR.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          Let's talk about Bags of Doritos...
          Cool Ranch is up first: LB Edgerrin Cooper (#24 on DJ's list)

From Daniel Jeremiah...

Kind of seems like a perfect Minter fit. Chargers have a scheduled Top-30 meeting with him.
          I said that about him last month. He is a perfect fit. Only thing i dont like is he is 230 lbs. But minor detail. Ben Herbert can add 5-10 lbs of muscle.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

So you think Nabers and Odunze are on Justin Jefferson's and Ja'Marr Chase's levels? If you do, fine. I don't, which is why I think it makes perfect sense to not draft a wide receiver in the first round, since we can get a very good one later--like the Detroit Lions (who are doing great with the right tackle they drafted in the top ten) and several other teams across the NFL have.

If Harrison falls to five I want to draft him. He probably won't, though.
            I think the projections are comp worthy, but it's the draft and the draft is always a crapshoot, NO ONE has a crystal ball to look into the future...for the record the OTs are every bit as much of a projection as well, nothing is guaranteed with those guys either...for the record I'm for trading down myself and getting more at bats in round one...I like the idea of the 11th and the 23rd picks, we can get one of the top Edge, WR, OT, CB, and potentially the top TE at #11 then go for your top Center or best remaining OT or CB at #23?

it just makes sense for the chargers to make the trade if the Vikings don't make the deal with the Pats or the Cards first...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I don't need to look up Anquan Bolden .... fringe HOFer in their 2012 Super Bowl championship. He caught 100+ yards in that game.
              I was thinking of bringing him up as an example of the Ravens never getting there without a great receiver, but demurred.
              Thanks for doing that for me.

The 2002 team was a typical Raven's team: great D and an offense propelled by the running game.
              They could win games where the offense only put up 13 points.

It's not 2002 any more where you could beat up receivers and quarterbacks.
              My point was salary invested and draft capital spent vs O Line and defense. Well aware of Boldin.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Not many are talking about Minnesota shipping their 1rst and Justin Jefferson to Arizona.

Arizona is 55 million above the cap. That would be enticing to me if I were Arizona.

They need to start winning.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

The one thing that we can all agree on is the value of trading down with so many roster holes.

We just dont all agree on who to pick at 5

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Yeah that was all i could find. It doesnt look like anyone in those comments is buying that account. Im not. I love Nabers also...but just one tweet without a source? Without anyone else hearing him say that openly? Nah.

I dont think Hortiz said that.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My guess - the team will trade down if possible

But if you are staying at 5 - you have to take the best player on your draft board. And the Chargers could use a game breaking play making WR.

I still prefer the trade to 11 and getting Bowers or RT
                      Minnesota or the Giants will most probably trade up to the #4 or #5 spot.

Chargers will probably either get Harrison Jr or trade back a bit and get picks.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

That's how it was looked at prior to them being picked. They did not have average rookie seasons. I'm sure if "generational" was used so often in 2017 that wide receiver draft class, which included three top ten picks, would be labeled as such. Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross didn't turn out that way, though.
                        And they almost never do. At any position by the way.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Yeah that was all i could find. It doesnt look like anyone in those comments is buying that account. Im not. I love Nabers also...but just one tweet without a source? Without anyone else hearing him say that openly? Nah.

I dont think Hortiz said that.
                          You believe what you want to believe but you do t have to live like a refugee

Comment

Working...
                          X