• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Just keep trading down, passing on good to great players until we have the entire 7th round. Then we can go ape shit picking up half our team there.
    Yeah -- umm, thats what I wrote - but hey, if you want to believe that - more power to you

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Just keep trading down, passing on good to great players until we have the entire 7th round. Then we can go ape shit picking up half our team there.
      I would call that going off the rails...lol
      Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
      REC: 10
      YARDS: 133
      TDS: 3

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

I didn't pretend that- I actually would prefer an OL but WR here is BPA which is Hortiz's main strategy. My pt was they will take WRs in rnd 1 - some teams wont. Took Travis Taylor w the #10 btw.

So they will use high rounders for the skill positions in general as well ( took RB Jamal Adams w the #5 too)

They also shelled out $15M for 1 yr for Odell Beckham so they will make the investment.
        That was 24 years ago. Lol. Hortiz was probably in charge of the coffee and doughnuts in the draft room.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          Also don't pretend that Hortiz wouldn't trade back to #11 if #11 and #23 were offered by the Vikings.
          Just because TT didn't do it... doesn't mean Hortiz won't. He's even suggested that a good deal would make that happen.
          I think a scenario that can play out is that the Cardinals trade with the Vikes, get the two 1st round picks. Then the Cardinals take 11, trade it to the Chargers along with two 3rds for the 5th overall pick. They take MHJ at 5.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Also don't pretend that Hortiz wouldn't trade back to #11 if #11 and #23 were offered by the Vikings.
            Just because TT didn't do it... doesn't mean Hortiz won't. He's even suggested that a good deal would make that happen.
            Hortiz traded down a LOT more than trading up...Trader Joe also traded players for picks...TT NEVER traded down...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

That sounds kind of like what Bobby Beathard used to do...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

nice guy but has zero pocket pressence and inconsistent accracy...... he must have dirt on the family....lol
                Your spelling was not accurate...it's ACCURACY...there...fixed it for 'ya!
                (Oh, the irony...)

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  A trade back gets you two starters. Picking WR at 5 gives you a game changer. It’s a tough call. Game changers are hard to come by.
                  But...what if ONE of those two picks is a solid O-lineman who helps KEEP HERBIE HEALTHY?
                  (AND is a road grader for Roman's run game...THAT'S a game changer also)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I agree with everything you said here. But some are calling for Harbaugh and Hortiz to be fired for making this trade. That's downright ridiculous.

Seau with the Dolphins and Patriots. Rivers with the Colts. LaDainian Tomlinson with the Jets. It happens. Time to move on.
                    Yeah but I don't put much serious thought in to those types. Probably the same guys saying we should trade for Jefferson or Higgins....which, just has no sense in our situation and what they are trying to to do.

Got to trust the process and the guys who have been winners.

We already have a fire JH2 thread

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Keenan was a great WR last year. I felt he was the best route runner in the NFL.
                      On the other hand he's getting old and has missed games with injuries in the recent past.
                      At some point he may just fall off a cliff in health and he cost a fortune in cap.
                      Rookie MHJ, Odunze, Nabers are a step down from KA in being open every down if KA is fully healthy.
                      They have greater speed and are the future where KA is not.
                      We won't be counting on one WR to save us in 2024. Rather multiple WR, TE, RB rec options and a healthy run game,
                      He better hope his next QB fires laser darts into his 2 ft window of opportunity like Herbie did because he doesn’t get separation like he did 5 yrs ago.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        JH3 and Me
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

And none of those WR's went higher than Quentin Johnston. Show me where they took a WR @#5. Their one time they had a high 1st round pick... they went OT.

BTW... Marquise Brown got traded (along with a 3rd round pick) to the Cards (#23). That pick turned into Tyler Linderbaum (center). Don't pretend that Hortiz values WR's over OL.
                        Zay should have gone higher …. To the Chargers. Quibbling over their two draft positions is really splitting hairs, don’t you think. TT never properly valued speed, across the entire roster.

Hortiz was not in charge of BAL drafts, Hortiz made zero picks in his tenure at BAL. I’m not sure how long it will take people here to translate this fact into usable information.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

That there is the ultimate in trade-down mania. They could even trade all of their 7ths for more future 7ths and just go pure UDFA. There is a balance - a team needs workhorses but great teams almost always have some great players making great plays.

Comment

Working...
                          X