• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I doubt very seriously they are going to take a RT @ 5.
    Especially not with Salyer still here.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I would not get your hopes too high. As I said too many people watched that game with a grudge against Bosa and intentionally turning a blind eye to what the Nags tackle was doing. Staley should have been screaming at the paid off refs and throwing things on the field. That way Bosa does not do it and knows his coach has his back and understands what is going on. I do not think BS knows what went on in that game even today.
      The bottom line is that every edge rusher gets mugged. Mack got mugged constantly in that game, VanNoy as well. Crosby gets mugged, JJ Watt gets mugged, it's that way so the 50m QB's don't get killed. Bosa was getting mugged - fine. Maybe if he wasn't such a whiney bitch to the referees all game they might have actually called something in his favor. You're correct that it is Staley's responsible to step in on his players behalf - like a major league baseball manager does, but Staley's failure doesn't excuse Bosa's . . . . . . . . .

And oh by the way - our tackles do the same thing - for the same reason.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Spiller hasn't shown a whole lot...upgrades, people, upgrades!
        There's a spill on aisle 28.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

The bottom line is that every edge rusher gets mugged. Mack got mugged constantly in that game, VanNoy as well. Crosby gets mugged, JJ Watt gets mugged, it's that way so the 50m QB's don't get killed. Bosa was getting mugged - fine. Maybe if he wasn't such a whiney bitch to the referees all game they might have actually called something in his favor. You're correct that it is Staley's responsible to step in on his players behalf - like a major league baseball manager does, but Staley's failure doesn't excuse Bosa's . . . . . . . . .

And oh by the way - our tackles do the same thing - for the same reason.
          It’s not the mugging it was the tackle blatantly lining up illegally on EVERY play. It was a joke and pathetic that it was not called. That was the outrage and the calls that the NFL is rigged.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I doubt very seriously they are going to take a RT @ 5.
            Lane Johnson went @#4.
            OLineCentric

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Lane Johnson went @#4.
              And in 2013, TT's first draft, THREE OT's went before TT reached for Fluke at #11...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

It’s not the mugging it was the tackle blatantly lining up illegally on EVERY play. It was a joke and pathetic that it was not called. That was the outrage and the calls that the NFL is rigged.
                Yep...and yet Philip Rivers was called for a lame penalty when he jerked his head just a tiny bit while barking out the signals...NFL...totally rigged and tied in with the high-rolling gamblers...

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

I like Bosa, helmet throw and all, but he can't stay healthy. also, if he is always playing hurt when he IS on the field, then that is just a waste too.

we would save a lot more by trading/cutting Mack instead of Bosa ($23M vs $14M for Bosa), but there is a huge injury risk with Bosa.
                  There is a huge injury risk for every NFL player... it's a violent sport. If you cut/traded every player that might get hurt... you'd have 5 guys total on your roster. His last injury was a sprained foot.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

And in 2013, TT's first draft, THREE OT's went before TT reached for Fluke at #11...
                    I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.
                    OLineCentric

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.
                      The point is that sometimes, OT's can go in the top 10...in this case, THREE DID....and since Harbaugh values O-line so much, it would not surprise me to see him pick Alt @#5...though I'd prefer a trade down for picks...

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

The point is that sometimes, OT's can go in the top 10...in this case, THREE DID....and since Harbaugh values O-line so much, it would not surprise me to see him pick Alt @#5...though I'd prefer a trade down for picks...
                        Yeah, I'd rather trade back, too. But if there is no trade partner, and we stay @#5... I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe Alt in Chargers blue. Protect the franchise. It's nice to see a HC/GM that understand this concept. I couldn't care less if Pip is sitting on his wallet full of TT's cash. It was a bad signing.
                        OLineCentric

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Spiller hasn't shown a whole lot...upgrades, people, upgrades!
                          we certainly did not see enough of Spiller to know what is up. if the internal staff does not know either, that is a failure internally.

Comment

Working...
                          X