• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Somebody (can't remember who or find the post) said I was a homer for saying that at this point in their careers Gus Edwards might be a better RB choice than Derrick Henry. I made that comment based on Edwards having just 699 NFL carries and Henry having 2030, almost three times as many. I looked at LT's carries. His production dropped off dramatically in yards gained and yards per carry from 2007 to 2008, right around when he had 2,100 carries, and he was a year younger than Henry. Even the best of the best start to decline after so much NFL wear and tear. I'm not suggesting Henry is finished, but he is on the decline, just like LT was at this point in his career. Edwards is 29, but he has significantly less mileage on his legs.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Well, it's so obvious MW should be released. He is injury prone and has never produced at the level worthy of his pay. Dude is tackled and crumbles to the ground with a broken back.
      I agree that the most likely scenario is Mike Williams being released. But I'll be sick to my stomach if the signs with the Chiefs or Raiders.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Funny. My departed Father in law, a WWII vet who served on a destroyer in the Pacific (great human) was a bourbon drinker when bourbon wasn't cool. Spent many an evening (and some afternoons!) drinking bourbon and ginger ale with him which he called a high ball or just plain bourbon.I have liked bourbon ever since, partly because of its composition and also because it reminds me of him. Now, bourbon is ultra cool, massively collected, flavored with awful things that have no business being added to it. The widths of ties aren't the only things that go in and out of style, I guess.

Cheers, Dad!

TG
        My departed dad was a Korea vet (stateside, not theater) and an incorruptible Scotch drinker to the end. Clan MacGregor or Cutty Sark by the case - him and mom were social and hosted endlessly. I started flying home once a month in my 30s while living in Detroit and stayed with them. 5pm and out came the scotch, that was my start of whiskey affection (beyond chugging Jack back in rock n roll bands). I sought better quality scotches: Macallan, Glenmorangie/livet/fiddich/all the Glens, Ardbeg, Oban, etc ... learning the differences between highlands, speys, lsles, etc. I'd bring him bottles of quality single malts as appreciation for staying, he couldn't really give a shit lol. he'd just drink his cheap blends. bourbon micro-distilleries starting popping up a decade after that, over time I switched from Scotch to Bourbon for good.

flavored whiskeys are blech. One of the venues we play at is in OB, owned (co-owned?) by the guy that started Skrewball. He used to give us a bottle for the green room, I'd drink it for free at a gig but I would never buy it. Peanut butter whiskey - I guess its worked for him but you're right - some things just should not be. fruits, nuts and spices in bourbon are such things. I thought about telling him his whiskey might not be too bad if he stopped putting peanut butter in it lol

fads and trends, you're right. I wonder what will be next. Tequilas pop up occasionally, high quality ones are widely available now. Vodka has been trying to make a run as the next bourbon of late - that works with the kids. I'll stick to whiskeys, I'm a civilized man.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Somebody (can't remember who or find the post) said I was a homer for saying that at this point in their careers Gus Edwards might be a better RB choice than Derrick Henry. I made that comment based on Edwards having just 699 NFL carries and Henry having 2030, almost three times as many. I looked at LT's carries. His production dropped off dramatically in yards gained and yards per carry from 2007 to 2008, right around when he had 2,100 carries, and he was a year younger than Henry. Even the best of the best start to decline after so much NFL wear and tear. I'm not suggesting Henry is finished, but he is on the decline, just like LT was at this point in his career. Edwards is 29, but he has significantly less mileage on his legs.
          Agree, thats why i didnt want to sign Henry and those 2030 carries were taking more hits than LTs. Gus is also cheaper.

I just hope we can get a better run blocking OL this season.

Comment

• LarryAW
            Chargers fan since 1970
            • Sep 2018
            • Chula Vista, CA
            • retired paralegal/court reporter
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep....so extend Keenan and designate Bosa for June 1st cut. Will that count as below the cap? I think thats what we designated Linsley. If so thats 22 mil right there.
            Unless they have trades possible for all three....lol. Then they have a deilima.
            Availability:
            Mack - 93% (rounded up) - played in 151 out of a possible 163 games.
            Bosa - 71% (rounded up) - played in 93 out of a possible 131 games (counting 4 game holdout because he didn't play).

Personally hoping Bosa is gone at whatever cost. Don't trust him to stay healthy at all. Playing in 14 of a possible 35 games the past two years, is one helluva downward trend.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

I wasn't close to my dad. He was a closed, hard man, too be honest when he died when I was 15 I was ashamed of him, for his alcoholism, for some of things he did. But over the the 50 years since his death, my stance has softened, I understand better what made him the way he was, the sacrifices he made, he wasn't a hero, but he did do some heroic things when he was young, I just didn't understand what he had been through when I was 15. In 2017, on the 75th anniversary of his capture during the 1942 Dieppe Raid, I went to Dieppe. On a bulletin board of photos that German army photogs had shot after the battle, I found this pic. My dad is the one with his hands raised. His life as he knew it fell apart on that day. He was a newlywed (not my mother) and he had a child on the way who was born while he was a POW. I didn't know any of this when died. He kept it a secret from us.

13996213_1081527668551770_3400047535072315437_o.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

2 hours and counting...

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                  2 hours and counting...
                  The fact it's down to the wire indicates to me they are working as hard as they can to salvage the situation and get something for players they'd rather not have to let go.

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                    2 hours and counting...
                    Okay, so it is 1pm West Coast time... Was not sure.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      I think the tacklers that tried to bring Henry down suffered a lot more wear and tear than he did.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Mike Williams released

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Love ya MW.
                          Best wishes.
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                          X