Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
    would be typical Spanos run team to get nothing in return for these players because they always wait till they don't have any value left.

instead of doing it a year or two earlier and actually get something in return
    I would argue that Mack, Bosa and Williams still have considerable value and would be tradeable in exchange for picks if the situation were different. The problem is that teams have the Chargers over a barrel because the Chargers will have to cut a couple of these guys so why trade for them? The Chargers are in this predicament in large part because of all the dead cap money they have on the books for the JC Jackson deal. And that is on Telesco and Staley, not the Spanoses.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

The more we keep the better. So yes, I hope they all accept cuts for the good of the team. Bosa seems to be a "me" guy, so I don't think he accepts a cut, but the other 3 might. And if 3 do, I think the 4th would be cut. He's showing he's not a team player.
      it just seems weird to cut guys now, for both sides of the equation:

A) for the players, the free agent options (teams) and easy money is drying up after 2 days of spending. There will be more cuts along the way (and post-draft), but these 2 days are important.

B) for the chargers, a lot of the guys who could replace the big 4 are finding teams. there will be the draft and other moves down the road, but if we are cutting 2-3 players of the big 4, it would have been nice to be active these last 2 days.

for Bosa, with the 49ers seemingly not an option, I am a little more optimistic that he is open to staying with the chargers and seeing what him and Mack can do together.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

LB Gay signed with the Saints for 1 year up to 5 mil.

Hec id have done that deal

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

The more we keep the better. So yes, I hope they all accept cuts for the good of the team. Bosa seems to be a "me" guy, so I don't think he accepts a cut, but the other 3 might. And if 3 do, I think the 4th would be cut. He's showing he's not a team player.
          If they accept pay cuts its because the market will dictate what they are to be paid - meaning getting what the Chargers are offering is better than what the market offers. My guess, if someteam were offering to guarantee Bosa his $22m in salary - he probably would be traded or take a release, same with MW.

Now Edge - with Burns and Hunter off the board - kind of has price points for Mack. And with Hunter off the board, Lions might circle back

As for WR - not too much free agent action - but between Lockett and Evans - there are some comps for where Allen could land

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm certain Allen is remaining a Charger. I can't predict who is/is not traded or released among the other three. The only way they move Keenan is if they get a phenomenal trade offer that is too good to refuse; I don't see that happening.
            I think he stays but if they cannot come to a new agreement - you just never know what can happen. Granted, he can play on his current deal and leave him be - but he might want a longer term deal. Next 24 hours should tell us something. Maybe not everything - but something

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I would argue that Mack, Bosa and Williams still have considerable value and would be tradeable in exchange for picks if the situation were different. The problem is that teams have the Chargers over a barrel because the Chargers will have to cut a couple of these guys so why trade for them? The Chargers are in this predicament in large part because of all the dead cap money they have on the books for the JC Jackson deal. And that is on Telesco and Staley, not the Spanoses.
              If you really want the guy you trade for him because if he's released any team can try to sign him. Eliminates the risk

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Lol...Bolts totally going 11th hour on this thing...crazy...
                Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Lol...Bolts totally going 11th hour on this thing...crazy...
                  Yea doubt we will hear anything until tomorrow.
                  Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                  REC: 8
                  YARDS: 89
                  TDS: 2

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If they accept pay cuts its because the market will dictate what they are to be paid - meaning getting what the Chargers are offering is better than what the market offers. My guess, if someteam were offering to guarantee Bosa his $22m in salary - he probably would be traded or take a release, same with MW.

Now Edge - with Burns and Hunter off the board - kind of has price points for Mack. And with Hunter off the board, Lions might circle back

As for WR - not too much free agent action - but between Lockett and Evans - there are some comps for where Allen could land
                    Nobody is going to do that. They are waiting for the hammer to drop. NE reported to be interested in Williams. But it's going to take some
                    negotiation and time is running out. NE isn't going to take the $20M salary contract. So Williams would have to agree with some new terms
                    and the Chargers would have to agree on compensation. It's a bit of a long shot.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

The Chargers have $27.3 million in dead cap, most of that because of JC Jackson, but also cutting Kendricks and Sebastian Joseph Day. Understanding the cap is difficult. If somebody who has a better grasp of the situation the Chargers are in wants to look at this and explain it, please do.

Los Angeles Chargers salary cap, contracts, bonus money, dead money, and cap savings for every player

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        LB Gay signed with the Saints for 1 year up to 5 mil.

Hec id have done that deal
                        Chiefs preferred Tranquil to Willie Gay .... that's interesting.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not easy undoing all the damage TT did...
                          soooo true!!!

has TT signed Stick away from Chargers?.... PLEASE?????....lol

Comment

Working...
                          X