Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltinloudguy;n1645440]
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

What the devil does this mean ?
    Is this guy gonna beat it out of Spiller ?
    or Kelley, Ekeler on a cheapo contract ?
    Are we gonna draft MarShawn Lloyd ?[/QUOTE

I was hoping for Stump Mitchell but again, I trust Harbaugh in this hire. Especially when a RB like Lloyd jumps 1.5 yards per carry from the year before. Lloyd looks to have a very nice burst and some patience. So it might be safe to say they will have as our RBs and I’d be good with that.

Isaiah Spiller
    Gus Edwards
    Marshawn Lloyd

I’d also love for them to take a flyer on Keilan Robinson with there last pick in the draft or go after him hard as an UDFA.
    I think the Ekeler train has left the station
    Kelley - shouldn't be a priority-- unless like the vet minimum and a small signing bonus ($200k)

The Chargers need to get better and yes, it starts with the OLine but maybe just get a better running back of the football. Ekeler is a good 3rd down back and he will probably go back to the role and excel for his new team.
    Kelley had moments but no need to bring him back

For RB
    Spiller - have to at least see what he has
    Edwards or Zack Moss maybe
    Marshawn, Braelon or the TN kid Wright - -I think its Wright

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Just something to look at and ponder. Not sure exactly how far this goes back. Not sure how i got duplicates, must be how they were posted.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=wu-dai clan;n1645446]
        Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Good takes.
        Would you bite on Corum fairly early ?
        I like Corum and wouldn’t be upset if they took him. I think it might be a little redundant if they sign Gus Edwards. Edwards is bigger but both are more in between tackles type RBs.

I think another RB that has taken a backseat in the RB discussion is Bucky Irving.

If they have Spiller, sign Edwards, Irving might be the best complement to both those players because of his receiving skills. Not to mention, he plays much much bigger than his size. He does not go down easy. You would think he is a 225 lb RB the way he plays.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

What about calling up AZ and Philly and see if they want to trade for Morgan Fox? I’d sell him off for a 6th and save some cap space. Both familiar defenses that Fox plays well in.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Just something to look at and ponder. Not sure exactly how far this goes back. Other rounds below this post.

Nice boltjolt.

TE, OC, and surprisingly FS huh? A first round grade TE or OC appears to have a greater chance in translating their college game to the pros.

OT and WR are way harder to hit.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

What about calling up AZ and Philly and see if they want to trade for Morgan Fox? I’d sell him off for a 6th and save some cap space. Both familiar defenses that Fox plays well in.
              He might actually have some trade value since his contract is only $3.5m in salary. And yes, if they run a similar scheme, might be a smart call to make. Chargers could use those funds on a player that might make more sense on the DLine

Right now - for me, priorities are OC (fixing OLine), IDL and LB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltinloudguy;n1645463]
                Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I like Corum and wouldn’t be upset if they took him. I think it might be a little redundant if they sign Gus Edwards. Edwards is bigger but both are more in between tackles type RBs.

I think another RB that has taken a backseat in the RB discussion is Bucky Irving.

If they have Spiller, sign Edwards, Irving might be the best complement to both those players because of his receiving skills. Not to mention, he plays much much bigger than his size. He does not go down easy. You would think he is a 225 lb RB the way he plays.
                Bucky is only 195 lbs is why. He cant take the beating if we running 30-35 times a game. Id rather have Wright as a speed change of pace. Dude should run 4.4 or below @ 210 lbs and he runs hard and breaks tackles. Benson/Wright......Allen /Wright.....Estime / Wright. Any combo would be a good one imo.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He might actually have some trade value since his contract is only $3.5m in salary. And yes, if they run a similar scheme, might be a smart call to make. Chargers could use those funds on a player that might make more sense on the DLine

Right now - for me, priorities are OC (fixing OLine), IDL and LB.
                  With those funds, you can go sign a DT like Maurice Hurst who probably won’t even cost that $3.5m. Maybe $2.5-$3m.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltjolt;n1645497]

Bucky is only 195 lbs is why. He cant take the beating if we running 30-35 times a game. Id rather have Wright as a speed change of pace. Dude should run 4.4 or below @ 210 lbs and he runs hard and breaks tackles. Benson/Wright......Allen /Wright.....Estime / Wright. Any combo would be a good one imo.
                    Bucky Irving was one of the toughest tackles as a RB in college. He plays like he’s a 225lb RB. He won’t be the featured RB in the offense. Think Gus Edwards and Justice Hill in Baltimore.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

With those funds, you can go sign a DT like Maurice Hurst who probably won’t even cost that $3.5m. Maybe $2.5-$3m.
                      Certain moves the Chargers make - probably Williams, maybe Bosa - are cap related

Players like Fox, maybe Parham - its roster fit. Parham doesn't make a lot so there isn't the risk. And though Fox is very good IDL pass rusher - could they use that money better . Now I like Fox - especially as that interior pass rusher - but is there a player that works better on First and Second down

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Nice boltjolt.

TE, OC, and surprisingly FS huh? A first round grade TE or OC appears to have a greater chance in translating their college game to the pros.

OT and WR are way harder to hit.
                        Teams that don't have a great WR, LT are desperate to find one and take more chances.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

You seem to be forgetting Salyer’s much better play at LT the year before, when Slater was injured. I mean even Slater looked pretty bad at times last season, and Zion was about equally bad as Salyer was.

Im willing to let the new coaches work this out, Salyer was great at RT at college, and has position flexibility. If he’s only good for a backup so be it.

Seriously, there’s only one player last season who played lights out (and it wasn’t Herbert..). Replace everyone not named Mack lol.
                          I'm not forgetting anything and I've said for coaches to work it out too. I'll trust their evaluations. I'm not a Pipkins fanboy, I'm just not a hysterical critic.
                          you are forgetting Pipkins played well at RT in 2022. He allowed 2 sacks in ~900 snaps. You're also forgetting he played better than Salyer and Zion (and Clapp) in 2023. Or, rather, you're ignoring it.

Replace every name not Mack is what this forum sounds like most days. I'm calmer than that.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X