• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I think the real change will be more simple than X's and O's . . . . . . . . . . . Harbaugh and Minter won't accept or condone players not playing hard nosed football, not being prepared or not playing disciplined. If you're not putting in the time and you don't have the right attitude - you wont be playing . . . . . . . . . . . goes for the offense too - I hope QJ's putting time in on the jugs machine.

ALL of our guys better understand that it's a whole new world of Charger football . . . . . . . . . they better be prepared for what's coming
    Remember that season when all the Charger receivers, Keenan Allen included, were dropping Herbert's passes?

QJ went from the rag armed Duggan to a guy who throws artillery shells. He'll adjust.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltinloudguy;n1637960]
      Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      A Jesse Minter connection hiring 😁

I like the blend of veteran NFL coaches and up and coming college coaches that are being hired.
      Staley kept on bringing in youth and inexperience ...... the brightest kid on the block didn't want anyone to upstage him?

Which young coaches benefited by there time here, learning a ton under Staley?

That's part of a head coaches job.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Many of Staley's assistants got hired pretty quickly...Smith, Arth, Moore, Nussmier, Koger, Beatty, Ainsley, FICKEN, some I am forgetting about. Some for sure on their own reputations, some that Staley brought in that nobody knew about until he hired them.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Remember that season when all the Charger receivers, Keenan Allen included, were dropping Herbert's passes?

QJ went from the rag armed Duggan to a guy who throws artillery shells. He'll adjust.
          Let's hope so . . . . . . . . we NEED him to be at least a solid #2 next year and replace MW's production (assuming we keep KA). We need beef in the draft - I don't want to burn another high pick on a WR . . . . . . . . . . . . although for Bowers or Harrison I'd make an exception.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Many of Staley's assistants got hired pretty quickly...Smith, Arth, Moore, Nussmier, Koger, Beatty, Ainsley, FICKEN, some I am forgetting about. Some for sure on their own reputations, some that Staley brought in that nobody knew about until he hired them.

TG
            Yeah, I know it’s cool to crap on Staley now that he’s gone but he did good things as well.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Let's hope so . . . . . . . . we NEED him to be at least a solid #2 next year and replace MW's production (assuming we keep KA). We need beef in the draft - I don't want to burn another high pick on a WR . . . . . . . . . . . . although for Bowers or Harrison I'd make an exception.
              I'd add Nabers.
              Our primary needs are C, RB/FB, CB.
              The top of the draft is QB, WR, LT and Bowers.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Yeah, I know it’s cool to crap on Staley now that he’s gone but he did good things as well.
                Staley was a nice guy.
                No disrespect to you intended, what were the good things?
                I was pulling for him to do well but it seemed to me like one step forward, two steps back and CRASH!

Crashing may have produced his greatest gift to us.
                Jim Harbaugh & co.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Staley was a nice guy.
                  I was pulling for him to do well but it seemed to me like one step forward, two steps back and CRASH!

Jim Harbaugh & co.
                  Staley’s biggest flaw was not putting an average defense on the field when he was HC and calling the plays. His second biggest mistake was how he handled injuries after 2021.

But agree about Staley crashing leading to the Harbaugh hiring.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                    Yes, but non of them were promoted except Arth. All of them took lateral moves. So Staley did Jack diddly squat to propel their careers.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Yes, but non of them were promoted except Arth. All of them took lateral moves. So Staley did Jack diddly squat to propel their careers.
                      Frank Smith.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Dylan Roney, a graduate assistant tasked with working with the edge rushers, is joining Jim Harbaugh in Los Angeles, a source said

Just heard this and had to search up Dylan Roney by name to find out. I didn’t see it on any Chargers rumors.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Staley was a nice guy.

Jim Harbaugh & co.
                          I think 1 nice thing under Staley's tenure was Mack had 17 sacks. To a lessor extent Kenneth Murray bounced back to his rookie numbers. 1 1/2 good things?

Oh and a gang of people got game balls.

Comment

Working...
                          X