• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Hypothesis: If the Spanos run it going forward with football pros driving the decisions and direction, like it looks like they just might and have said they would, we don’t need a new owner that could come in and fuck it all up.

Hmmm, imagine if after all these years, decades actually, we WANT the Spanos clan? Now that is Flipville!!!
    More like impossible-ville . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

That was probably me. Are you drinking the Kool-Aid... or spitting out...? I'm interested to hear your take. Give me some specifics... more than just "Experts have him ranked 20th (or 32nd)". Everyone knows I'll just destroy those takes with millions of examples of when the experts were clueless.

I'd be glad to tell you why he's in my Top-12.
      Elite press corners are hard to find, and usually go early or in mid round 1...If we trade down to #12 for example, and Nix, Nabors and Bowzer are all gone, I'd be more than happy if Kool-Aid is there...I have CB as one of our top PON's, along with C, and C might be better to take for our first pick in round 2...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

I'm not expecting dividends for at least two years, so they will miss the playoffs in 2024.

The second year, they might make a run but still miss.

The third year? Young, talented, dangerous and led by a veteran QB.....#winning!
        I think u may be underestimating Harbo a bit...I honestly think we have a real shot at a wildcard playoff spot this season...we already have some key players in place...just need to trade down in draft and pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder, and we can now really fill some holes at CB, C, RB, OT, TE, FS, LB, IOL, etc...I think we will see Harbo's coaching helping us win some of those close games that Staley blew due to bonehead game decisions, or poor game prep...

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
          I was pretty surprised that the Michigan strength and conditioning coach was getting 1M per season and Minter was getting over 3.

I read somewhere that those salaries were the reason Vikings didn't hire Harbaugh
          Sounds like getting the strength and conditioning guy is going to be hard. Anyone know a good alternative?

Comment

• floydefisher
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • siberiacuse, ny
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Next season is next season. Let's see what pieces on the chessboard we have to play with fist before making the statement we miss the playoffs next year no matter what.
            The Chargers are over the cap. That requires a sell off of talent. Even if they have the greatest draft in the history of the NFL, those kids will need time to develop.

Grab a snickers, it's going to be a long season.
            sigpic

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Sounds like getting the strength and conditioning guy is going to be hard. Anyone know a good alternative?

I guess this makes sense why he’s staying. From the article:

As reported by The Michigan Insider’s Sam Webb Friday evening, retaining Herbert from an NFL overture may be easier than, say, defensive coordinator Jesse Minter. In the NFL, most players have their own strength and training regiment and even personal trainers. As a result, the role of such a coach is reduced, and so is the paycheck. According to Webb’s sources, “the highest paid strength coach in the National Football League makes $755,000.”

Herbert is due to make $900,000 in base salary in 2024, plus $100,000 in a retention bonus and an additional $50,000 for each win over eight (capped at $200,000).

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                "Do you think any team coached by Jim Harbaugh is going to blow a 27-point lead? He'll run out onto the field and deck somebody before he would allow that to happen." - Mike Florio
                It's really hard to come back by that many points against a running team. We only had 1 decent drive vs the Jags and had a bunch of mental breakdowns on D and it still came down to the wire. Add in an offense that can run the clock down and the Jags simply run out of time.

And that is before the Harbaughism kicks in. The mental toughness. The physical toughness. The mental alertness. No blown assignments. The consistency in every aspect of the game. The standard of performance.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                  As far as our salary cap issues I have an idea to keep basically everyone. Kind of like Ohtahni & Bonilla but different. Mack, Bosa, Derwin, Keenan, Herbert, MW, take a paycut, and we have coaching contracts for you for $5M when you retire!
                  Not sure you can do that in the NFL

Herbert is not taking a pay cut

Comment

• floydefisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • siberiacuse, ny
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think u may be underestimating Harbo a bit...I honestly think we have a real shot at a wildcard playoff spot this season...we already have some key players in place...just need to trade down in draft and pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder, and we can now really fill some holes at CB, C, RB, OT, TE, FS, LB, IOL, etc...I think we will see Harbo's coaching helping us win some of those close games that Staley blew due to bonehead game decisions, or poor game prep...
                    You are forgetting something. There is a fire sale coming, due to cap issues.

Allen, gone. Mack, gone. And add in two or three more of your choosing. All traded for draft picks.

Even if they have the best draft in the history of the NFL, the kids will need time to develop.

Get ready for a long season in 2024.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Allen, gone. Mack, gone. And add in two or three more of your choosing. All traded for draft picks.

Even if they have the best draft in the history of the NFL, the kids will need time to develop.

We'll see. It's going to be interesting. Really 5 guys and one we know is retiring. And Kendricks.

Then we'll see how Harbaugh and Minter feel about Murray.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

That's your projection.
                        I expect Harbaugh and the new GM may see it differently.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We'll see. It's going to be interesting. Really 5 guys and one we know is retiring. And Kendricks.

Then we'll see how Harbaugh and Minter feel about Murray.
                          I dont see how we can fit Murray under the cap. Especially since he’s just a guy.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X