• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I think we will probably use Herbert more than many think. Harbaugh is about winning, and while I think he is still going to run the ball and play D, Herbert is still a great weapon who can help him blow teams out. He'sjust not going to do it at the expense of running the ball.

But the last couple of years, we pretty much don't play offense for most, if not all, of the 3rd quarter. We go out, turn the ball over or give it up on downs and then if the other team is losing, it lets them right back in the game, if not hands them the lead.

Harbaugh is going to run the ball to get these drives going. He is going to keep the opposing D back on their heels by making them defend both run and pass. At the very least back the other team up in their territory, if not score on them, and work on the clock. That puts pressure on the other offense because they are going to have to score every time, maybe even TD on every drive. And they know that our D is going to get better, and our offense is still going to be scoring too. No one runs a better 5 minute offense than the Harbaughs.
    3rd quarters under Staley's Chargers so pissed me off. I thought Moore would help. NOPE.
    I don't care how we move the ball, we need some TOP in the 3rd - 4th. Three and outs are pure A shit!
    TOP + points? Dare we dream?

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

I was pretty surprised that the Michigan strength and conditioning coach was getting 1M per season and Minter was getting over 3.

I read somewhere that those salaries were the reason Vikings didn't hire Harbaugh

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
        Bolt Up!
        • Jan 2024
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

That was probably me. Are you drinking the Kool-Aid... or spitting out...? I'm interested to hear your take. Give me some specifics... more than just "Experts have him ranked 20th (or 32nd)". Everyone knows I'll just destroy those takes with millions of examples of when the experts were clueless.

I'd be glad to tell you why he's in my Top-12.
        I agree with you he is a great defensive player. He could end up being the star CB that they thought they were getting when they signed JC Jackson. I was just having some jest over his nickname but I think he could definitely be a first rounder for sure. I had hopes that the Jackson signing would be as good or better than when they signed Hayward as a free agent but that obviously did not pan out. Also against Michigan I can't remember if he was one of the ones in coverage that gave up those huge chunk pass plays that allowed Michigan to tie the game. I don't want to relive another star CB giving up back breaking plays in key moments ala Quentin Jammer against Reche Caldwell of all people in the 2006 playoffs. Of all the great mid 2000s Patriots teams the 2006 one was one of the weakest ones and somehow the Chargers lost to them at home. I don't think I'll ever get over that. No doubt in my mind they would have beaten the Colts in the AFC title and steamrolled the Rex Grossman led Bears in the Super Bowl.
        Last edited by GoChargersGo!!; 01-27-2024, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
          I was pretty surprised that the Michigan strength and conditioning coach was getting 1M per season and Minter was getting over 3.

I read somewhere that those salaries were the reason Vikings didn't hire Harbaugh
          Pay them.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
            Let's do this!
            • Aug 2022
            • Raleigh N. Carolina
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Pay them.
            I'm going to assume that was part of the deal

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              What are your expectations for Harbaugh’s first season?

Super Bowl?

Playoffs?

A mini rebuild, miss playoffs.
              I'm not expecting dividends for at least two years, so they will miss the playoffs in 2024.

The second year, they might make a run but still miss.

The third year? Young, talented, dangerous and led by a veteran QB.....#winning!

sigpic

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

"Do you think any team coached by Jim Harbaugh is going to blow a 27-point lead? He'll run out onto the field and deck somebody before he would allow that to happen." - Mike Florio

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

I'm not expecting dividends for at least two years, so they will miss the playoffs in 2024.

The second year, they might make a run but still miss.

The third year? Young, talented, dangerous and led by a veteran QB.....#winning!

Next season is next season. Let's see what pieces on the chessboard we have to play with fist before making the statement we miss the playoffs next year no matter what.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

I would argue three starters but at OC, OG and TE. Coach Pip up or kick Salyer back out if need be. SO MANY of our run blocking issues last season were the TE just getting destroyed. Worst group of blocking TEs I have seen.
                    Would you like them to draft Sinnott and/or Spann-Ford.
                    Think they are two of better blocking TEs in the draft class.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree but would question maybe the bigger improvement need is DL? Our interior DL produced very little, SJD is gone, AJ is a FA. That cupboard holds less than the OL imo. I expect some roster action there in the draft and maybe FA both.
                      Yes. Trenchwork.
                      There are some very solid DT available in free agency. Don't know if we can afford any of the better ones. But they would help the team. At same time. The DL don't play all the snaps like the OL does. So I think overall OL is slightly more important. Not to mention if they have long drives and score TDs. Then DL can rest and pin ears back. DL giving ball back to offense with OL that stalls out will wear out the defense. They play off each other. If somehow Joe Alt is gone and MH2 is gone. Then maybe a trade down and draft Newton-DL.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Yes. Trenchwork.
                        There are some very solid DT available in free agency. Don't know if we can afford any of the better ones. But they would help the team. At same time. The DL don't play all the snaps like the OL does. So I think overall OL is slightly more important. Not to mention if they have long drives and score TDs. Then DL can rest and pin ears back. DL giving ball back to offense with OL that stalls out will wear out the defense. They play off each other. If somehow Joe Alt is gone and MH2 is gone. Then maybe a trade down and draft Newton-DL.
                        We need DL and LBs too. Ignored for too long and Murray and Kendricks may both be gone.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, the Bolts already tried drafting a short OC, David Molk, (6-0) winner of the Rimington award for best C in college ball...the Bolts used him mostly on ST's and he was cut after a year...I'd like my OC to be at least 6-2 or 6-3...
                          I think the problem with Molk wasn’t his height but his weight also. He also was drafted in the 7th round for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                          X