• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There arent any all pro OC in free agency like Linsley so they wont cost as much. Conner Williams is perhaps the best one but he wont be ready for the season with the torn ACL. A couple other are Cushinburry and Biadasz. Linsley singed for 5 years 62 mil. Conner Williams could be in that range....MAYBE, but i doubt it...he isnt an all pro.

When he signed with Miami he signed for 2 years, 14 mil. That may be where Biadasz and Cushinburry could be at. Glasgow signed with Detroit for 1 year, 2.75 mil.

I dont know how good Titans OC Aaron Brewer is but he is 26 and wont be expensive. Sportrac is usually high and his projection is 5.2 mil. So maybe he will be 3 years, 10 to12.5 mil. and we draft Michigans OC to develope though he is short for a OC at 6'1"

Just some possibilities.
    It’s actually a good thing to be short for an OC. More leverage IMO.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

In a perfect world to me, they develop Pipkins to be a good RT this year, turn around trade him next offseason and draft his replacement in the next draft. I think this Oline is going to be much much better next year. And the core 4 will be Slater, Zion, whoever their C is and Salyer. Pip can be replaced next offseason once they get a pick for him.

Sign TE Harrison Bryant and draft either Bowers early or Cade Stover later. If they don’t draft Bowers, the TE room will take 2 years to fully upgrade. Especially since Loveland will be coming out next year.
      If the Bolts somehow coach Pip up more, then they either keep him as a starter or as backup depth...he just signed a 2+1 deal last year, so we have him two more years if need be...I'd prefer to try out Salyer at RT and see who wins out, but also draft ANOTHER OT just to hedge our bets...

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2021
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

I think he is too but still gun shy from all the years of being heartbroken. It just seems we are cursed. But the one thing that gives me hope is The Cubs and Red Sox won world series rings so anything can happen. Tampa Bay even won a SB and they were dreadful for SOO long.
        The Lions, yes those Lions are 1 game away from the Superbowl. So yes, it can happen to the Chargers too

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

They had so many close games where they were 1 play short that they were likely to win a couple more games next year regardless of the HC. Now add in a really great leader like Harbaugh who will want to play physical football. And it has a chance to be a 11 or 12 win team that can win the AFC West in Year 1 for Jim and Justin. Think they key is OL additions. Need 2 new starters for OC and OT.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
            Bolt Up!
            • Jan 2024
            • Send PM

A lot of people on this forum drinking the Kool-Aid I see lol. This was supposed to be in response to another poster saying Chargers should draft Kool-Aid in the first but it didn't attach.

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              They had so many close games where they were 1 play short that they were likely to win a couple more games next year regardless of the HC. Now add in a really great leader like Harbaugh who will want to play physical football. And it has a chance to be a 11 or 12 win team that can win the AFC West in Year 1 for Jim and Justin. Think they key is OL additions. Need 2 new starters for OC and OT.
              I would argue three starters but at OC, OG and TE. Coach Pip up or kick Salyer back out if need be. SO MANY of our run blocking issues last season were the TE just getting destroyed. Worst group of blocking TEs I have seen.
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

One problem with Salyer at ORT is dealing with Maxx Crosby.
                Part of my Alt take.
                We saw what Chandler Jones did vs Jamaree at OLT.
                Gotta like Salyer though.
                At times he blows people up at ORG.
                JimH has something to work with.
                Every tackle in the league has problems with Crosby. Not a reason to not put Sayler there if he’s our best at the position.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Yes I like those 2 at NFL Stock Exchange, good listen. Lots of enthusiasm and good knowledge. They had a good show on how to fix the Chargers
                  They study game videos !!
                  No fakery.
                  Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Another cool story of the ol man influence

]
                    If there's a better sports story I haven't heard it.
                    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Only 2 OCs are 6'1". One is Brewer.....didn't know that lol. Ave OC height in the NFL is 6'3".75

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

USA Today Sherrone Moore’s staff at Michigan has its first official opening.Maize & Blue Review can confirm that Jesse Minter is leaving the Michigan football program to explore NFL opportunities.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Well, the Bolts already tried drafting a short OC, David Molk, (6-0) winner of the Rimington award for best C in college ball...the Bolts used him mostly on ST's and he was cut after a year...I'd like my OC to be at least 6-2 or 6-3...

Comment

Working...
                          X