• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I like your first 2 needs (CB,C). But I think I would include IDL and LB as needs #3 and #4.
    If we lose Mack or Bosa, I'd probably add edge-depth as #5.
    I also hope the new regime will give Salyer a chance to beat out Pip @RT. In that scenario, I'd make RG @#6 need.

If we could trade back to #10... we'd pick up at least one 3rd rounder and two 4th rounders... maybe another future 4th.
    If you can trade Mack away for a 3rd rounder (IMO the only player on the Chargers that could get that value)... then you have a 1st rounder, a 2nd round, three 3rd rounders, three 4th rounders...

1st: CB Kool-Aid
    2nd: C Sedrick Van Pran
    3rd: DL Kris Jenkins
    3rd: LB Junior Colson
    3rd: Best DE available
    4th: Best RG available
    4th: Best TE available
    4th: Best RB available

You're nearly done with your rebuild in one draft... simply by trading back 5 spots in the 1st round.
    Looks solid, unless they move on from both Keenan and Mike

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Although Michigan never played against Alt,
      hopefully Harbaugh has more information, being in the same conference and going up against the same teams.

I'm not sold on Alt.
      NFL pass rushers might just bull rush him into the qbs lap too often,
      and I don't think he changes direction well - high center of gravity.
      His long arms that he shoots into opponents chests certainly is impressive.

Only draft him at #5 if he's a franchise tackle, not to fill a need.
      Take care of the interior, and then you can handle Crosby.
      I don't want to spend #5 just for Max Crosby.
      The '23 film shows Alt as a legit top 5 prospect, according to scouts and pundits. I see instances of satisfactory recovery vs power and acceptable rerouting vs speed. The skillset with serve Joe well in the NFL.

Solid.
      Dad is former Chief John Alt.
      Brother is former Flyer, Avalanche and LA King Mark Alt.
      We have time to vet these top prospects.
      Several are very impressive.
      Bowers, of course.
      I don't think there is enough talk about Nabors.
      Imagine Zay Flowers only better enough in pure explosion to be top 5.
      There are several WRs who are maybe only half a notch bdlow MHJ and Nabors, starting with Odunze.
      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

MEH I could move on from Parham and not look back. Just another symbol of under achieving here. I am all for some new blood where possible and a total revamp of the TE room suits me fine.
        Gonna be a fine line between getting rid of too many vs keeping some guys Harbaugh thinks he can salvage and get something out of. Either way, I will trust Harbaugh to do this.

As Harbaugh would call it, "burning the grass and getting rid of the snakes."
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The '23 film shows Alt as a legit top 5 prospect, according to scouts and pundits. I see instances of satisfactory recovery vs power and acceptable rerouting vs speed. The skillset with serve Joe well in the NFL.

Solid.
          Dad is former Chief John Alt.
          Brother is former Flyer, Avalanche and LA King Mark Alt.
          We have time to vet these top prospects.
          Several are very impressive.
          Bowers, of course.
          I don't think there is enough talk about Nabors.
          Imagine Zay Flowers only better enough in pure explosion to be top 5.
          There are several WRs who are maybe only half a notch bdlow MHJ and Nabors, starting with Odunze.
          The WR class is stacked, so stacked some good ones will drop. Trevor Sikkema from PFF and NFL Stock exchange who is really tuned in says that last years top WR JSN would be around 6th in this class, and their will be good WRs throughut the top 4 rounds

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

It's interesting, up here in Niners land, where people are generally dismissive of the Chargers, everybody is now talking about the Chargers as a serious contender. They remember how Harbaugh turned the 49ers around immediately with Alex Smith at QB. People up here think JH is going to have great success coaching JH.

Harbaugh is as close to a sure thing as the you can get, he is not a crapshoot. He improves every football program he attaches himself to. And it's immediate. People on this forum who think the Chargers need a roster rebuild in order to compete may be surprised at how quickly Harbaugh has this team humming. Don't be surprised if the Chargers a top 5-10 team next fall.

It will be interesting to see where pundits rank the Chargers in the off-season/pre-season power rankings.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Gadzooks on Chief's Planet opined about the Harbaugh hiring:

"I'm flabbergasted that the Spanos' did this. In the past 32 years the Chargers have had 2 real coaches - Bobby Ross and Marty, (RIP - who we all agree was cursed in the playoffs).
              Norf doesn't count. The rest were coordinators.

Hell, Id have been happy if they dusted off Jimmy Johnson's 80 year old ass to come in and coach the Chargers. At least he's an actual leader.

This is a great sign for the future of the Chargers, although, who will be the GM? John Spanos was horning in on Tom Telesco's duties for the past few years. It will be interesting to see...

Welcome back Jim."

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Minter is officially the DC. Great move. He is supposedly McDonald 2.0. We’ll see. I am ecstatic
                Yep...here u go:

In a move that was expected if Jim Harbaugh returned to the NFL, Michigan defensive coordinator Jesse Minter is going to follow him. Per Sam Webb of…

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Hmm, rookie C. I’m dubious that’s an instant improvement. If he had someone like Lindsey to sit behind and learn from, okay. But sounds like you want him to start, day one? And be the key in protecting Herbert and setting up a powerful run game? Again, very dubious. I think I’d want to see Zion out there at C over any rookie, but that’s just me.
                  Linsley won't be here next year... so you don't really have that luxury. You could go out and sign a veteran center... but getting a good one will cost you. With the cap as it is, I just don't think that will happen. There will be just enough to sign a veteran RB at a more reasonable cost (the RB market being what it is).

Zion has never played OC... and moving him just creates another hole @LG. He moved from RG to LG. I think LG is where he belongs (judging from his tape @BC). Keep him there and develop him.

Sedrick Van Pran was an integral part of Georgia's OL. He was the captain there. Georgia pass protected very well and ran the ball very well with Van Pran @OC. I believe in him. I think he's the best OC in college... and I think he projects to the NFL well. Get him for 4 years and let him get in-synch with that young, developing interior line group. The time is now.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Looks solid, unless they move on from both Keenan and Mike
                      Extending one of them gets them under the cap (with other moves)... and still gives Herbert a fine offensive weapon. I prefer Keenan.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree and why id rather sign a vet OC. Id also think id rather have Powers-Johnson over Van Pran if we draft one early. They can give Zion a shot but im not counting on that at all. All the OC talk of Zion is strictly from the Senior bowl. His first time ever trying it and hasnt played it since.
                        I don’t think we have the money to get a good vet center so the draft is the only way. It can be done but probably needs to be no later than an early 3rd round pick. We saw the Chiefs have success with a rookie center, Creed Humphrey, drafted in the late second 63rd overall.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

The WR class is stacked, so stacked some good ones will drop. Trevor Sikkema from PFF and NFL Stock exchange who is really tuned in says that last years top WR JSN would be around 6th in this class, and their will be good WRs throughut the top 4 rounds
                          Amazing that this WR is that good.
                          Sikkema is diligent and a must listen.
                          And his buddy Connor.
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                          X