I remember this one. They just posted this yesterday

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
      Ok so....
      Harbaugh has to have coaching staff in place I think by Wednesday we will know all.
      Why by next Wednesday?

Comment

• perryao
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        Trust. The. Process.

If that means KA, Bosa, Mack, Derwin are all gone, so be it. If some combination, then so be it.

Think beyond 2024.

This is actually a really fun time for us. Let the new leadership remake this team into their championship image.
        If the Chargers move on from Derwin, it will haunt them for the next decade. And yes, I know he "sucked" in Staley's scheme.

Comment

• AFboltfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2018
          • Balboa Park bench
          • Medical Simulation
          • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post

If the Chargers move on from Derwin, it will haunt them for the next decade. And yes, I know he "sucked" in Staley's scheme.
          Saying the next decade is a little dramatic but I agree... DJ is still a valuable piece of the defense and will play better without Staley. I keep DJ, KA, and try like hell to keep Mack. Everyone else is expendable.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I agree that maybe we don't have a good read on some of these players given the poor coaching/system they came from.

But I will also trust the new leadership and talent evaluators to make that call.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Matt Money Smitg and Chris Hayre had their Chargers Weekly podcast after Harbaugh was hired

They have five names - Herbert (a given) , Slater, Tuli, James and they also added Hanley

Money Smith said James is the most competitive person on the team - probably next to Harbaugh

I think its unlikely they move on from him as Money said: they have the QB, they have the LT, they have anchor /captain on defense in James plus the young Edge rusher in Tuli - thats it

He didn't mention Mack, Bosa, Williams or Allen. Take it FWIW - but this is the play by play guy - he knows

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I agree that maybe we don't have a good read on some of these players given the poor coaching/system they came from.

But I will also trust the new leadership and talent evaluators to make that call.
                I will say this - if better money - three names
                James, Mack and Allen

James is most likely back of the three. Meaning the highest odds

Comment

• perryao
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Saying the next decade is a little dramatic but I agree... DJ is still a valuable piece of the defense and will play better without Staley. I keep DJ, KA, and try like hell to keep Mack. Everyone else is expendable.
                  DJ is Rodney Harrison. Rodney played 15 seasons. That's nine more seasons for DJ. You're right, maybe a "little dramatic". haha.

Comment

• perryao
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Yes. Trust the new leadership. I'll bet a dollar to a donut they're salivating over coaching DJ.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
                      I remember this one. They just posted this yesterday

https://youtu.be/vUxBcuSZMy0?si=b3RrzPD7x8VH-ayI
                      Thanks! That was a fun trip. Jeff Graham had a couple good years for us, coming as a FA from the Eagles. And I thought Freddie Jones would be a great TE but he flashed and disappeared.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Yes. Trust the new leadership. I'll bet a dollar to a donut they're salivating over coaching DJ.
                        And truly unless a team is offering very good draft compensation - there isn't cap benefits. Like with 97, 81,13 and 52 - there is tangible cap benefits even without a draft pick. So unless Derwin is JCJ -- and I don't think that is the case. I think he will be on the roster and Jesse Minter will use him like the RAvens use Kyle Hamilton!!

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I think so too.

Especially if Mack and/or Bosa are gone...still need a leader on defense.

What are the chances one or two of these guys just takes an outright paycut to stay with Harbaugh? Doubtful, I'm sure...
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X