• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Someone posted he played 8 games. No he didn’t, he played 4 games spread out over 8. Part time DEs should not make $20M+

Renegotiate for $8M and we’ll find a spot for ya, Joey. But you’re gonna have to work the scout team sometimes in practice.
    Even that - if he is hurt - how does he help the team

You can spend that $8m on 2 or 3 players that might actually play games and help the team

Mack and Allen - up for debate. Thats fine

I just don't see a realistic scenario where it makes sense to keep Bosa and Williams.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’m not a fashionista like the rest of you. I don’t care what they wear. I care how they play and whether they win.

just pointing out that the argument that the Sun is beating down on them is false. And now it’s not brigh inside SoFi. Certainly not as bright as sunlight. Have you been to a game at SoFi?
      Lol right on Jam, follow me for all of your fashion tips

I haven’t.- plan to this year. I thought that other post, I think in reply to one of yours, that QB cant see their receivers if they aren’t wearing white was funny (I exaggerate only slightly) - so I now quote it as fact.

That is exactly the type of obscure true fact you will only learn here at TPB. Priceless!

The uni logic is just flawed or misplaced, and I don’t mean to get excited about it. There’s a couple camps, but each are wrong. There’s one camp that their formative Charger Experience years were in that era and they subconsciously emotionally connect those unis to the true Chargers. Its not. TPB is TPB and not TNB for a reason. The new second camp recalls that Harbaugh wore navy blue jersey back in the late 90s when he was briefly our QB, and so we should change the team uniforms back to when he was here. Huh? What? It’s a cute gesture of admiration for our awesome new HC but thats a hard no.

I’m just gesticulating about fucking uni colors for fun over here - this isnt war n peace stuff here.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
        I always wondered if the love for the powder blues was mainly a charger fan/west coast thing... which I guess is more important than anything else. I’ve always lived on the east coast (New York). They do constant jersey polls, and I just feel like here… everyone loves the color rush or the LT navy jersey. I talk football constantly, It feels like

Here the blue shirts/yellow pants got voted bottom 7 worse jersey (I know… who cares what other fans think) When the 90s and early 2000s Charger used to wear that powder blue white helmet… people used here used to try and rag on me lol.

for me, they look soft. They don’t look like a physical team that wins Championships… but I know it’s just a jersey for crying out loud.
        The darker navy and white pants was better than that almost navy with yellow pants - i thought the Fouts era color combos were particularly bad.

I don’t know about this east coast stuff - east coast people are voting about Charger uniforms? We’re flattered i guess?

It’s not the jersey that is soft, jerseys are just jerseys. it was the teams. Harbaugh will fix that.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Interesting factlet

Jack Harbaugh, the father of John and Jim (and Joanie), played college ball at Bowling Green from 1957-60 and was drafted in 1961 by the AFL’s Buffalo Bills as a running back.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Interesting factlet

Jack Harbaugh, the father of John and Jim (and Joanie), played college ball at Bowling Green from 1957-60 at Bowling Green and was drafted in 1961 by the AFL’s Buffalo Bills as a running back.
            When father Jack was at Western Kentucky when son Jim was hanging around as a volunteer assistant, the Def Coordinator and LBs coach was Don "Wink" Martindale

I wonder if there will be a reunion as LB coach for the Chargers

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Trust. The. Process.

If that means KA, Bosa, Mack, Derwin are all gone, so be it. If some combination, then so be it.

Think beyond 2024.

This is actually a really fun time for us. Let the new leadership remake this team into their championship image.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Another place over the years the Chargers have lacked in getting compensatory picks, is building a good front office and coaching staff. If I’m not mistaken, if your staff is hired as a GM or HC for another team, you get a compensatory pick? So not only has this team not developed players to move on and get big contracts from other teams, they have not developed front office staff to move forward in their careers.

I think with the Harbaugh hire, there will be coaching development and that is why they are also taking their time to hire front office staff. Having an assistant GM will also help that.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

What about Likely he looked great. Even Shultz the tight end is a part of the game. Bowers is special. Like a Cede Lamb we need him. The Cowboys didn’t need Cede but the player was so good.

a team that’s had Gates Winslow and now Bowers it only makes sense.

But shit for all I know they might draft Lai Latu or Dallas Turner.
                  He did look great. He was a 4th rounder. Shultz was a 4th round. Jake Ferguson (who replaced Shultz) was a 4th rounder.
                  But if the Ravens beat the Chiefs this weekend... it won't be because Likely is better that Kelce (a 3rd rounder).
                  It will be because the Ravens have the #1 scoring defense... and they have the defensive personnel to deal with Mahommes/Kelce.
                  Ceedee Lamb is great... it took Ceedee 2 weeks to catch up to Keenan's reception numbers after Keenan went down.
                  We could go Latu or Turner @#10. 49ers went Aldon Smith @#7 Harbaugh's 1st year.

OLineCentric

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    Trust. The. Process.

If that means KA, Bosa, Mack, Derwin are all gone, so be it. If some combination, then so be it.

Think beyond 2024.

This is actually a really fun time for us. Let the new leadership remake this team into their championship image.
                    I agree - I am thinking about 2025-2028

I realize why Telesco and Staley did what they did last offseason - there fannies were on the hot seat and they wanted to win. I also knew it was a one year push - plus with free agents like Ekeler, Davis, Everett, Johnson - it was going to be one year and figure it out

I am willing to level set in 2024 to build for 2025-2028. That doesn't mean giving up - its just thinking longer term. Not going to sign a bunch of free agents that are set up for small cap hits this year that balloon next year. Maybe one or two select players - the rest fill in with veterans - hell even bring back a guy like Erickson for the vetr minimum
                    'I want to see what coaching can do with some of the players from Telesco's drafts too - see what they have. If not there, release them

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

He did look great. He was a 4th rounder. Shultz was a 4th round. Jake Ferguson (who replaced Shultz) was a 4th rounder.
                      But if the Ravens beat the Chiefs this weekend... it won't be because Likely is better that Kelce (a 3rd rounder).
                      It will be because the Ravens have the #1 scoring defense... and they have the defensive personnel to deal with Mahommes/Kelce.
                      Ceedee Lamb is great... it took Ceedee 2 weeks to catch up to Keenan's reception numbers after Keenan went down.
                      We could go Latu or Turner @#10. 49ers went Aldon Smith @#7 Harbaugh's 1st year.
                      Chargers trading from 5 to 10 - that would have to be worth a 2nd and 4th at minimum

Still want Bowers at 5 or trade back to 8 - if Atlanta wants a QB -- probably still get Bowers

EDIT: Jets are not an option -- they don't have a second round pick. Unless they offer a future FRP

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

When father Jack was at Western Kentucky when son Jim was hanging around as a volunteer assistant, the Def Coordinator and LBs coach was Don "Wink" Martindale

I wonder if there will be a reunion as LB coach for the Chargers
                        Chargers hired another coach from Ohio. Jim was born in Toledo, not far from Bowling Green. Lotsa Mich fans in Toledo since it borders the state line.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Ok so....
                          Harbaugh has to have coaching staff in place I think by Wednesday we will know all.

Comment

Working...
                          X