• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Go Chargers go
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Hey, I trust Harbaugh & Co. My call would be Bowers but they're the ones that know the players and what LAC will want to fit their program going forward.
    Gates would disagree with you, OL, OL, OL so JH can grow to anyone.

Comment

• floydefisher
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • siberiacuse, ny
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not a chance! We are getting Diggs? Diggs brings a bigger cap hit and would just add to the cap space... and is only a year younger. Not happening.
      I think Herbert will try his best to keep Keenan here.
      Please re-read what I wrote. I'm proposing a 3 way where Buffalo gets Allen, Diggs goes to a third party, and we get draft picks.

Chargers need to get under the cap, and this helps.
      sigpic

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

this x100. my exact same story. If they could just wear the Coryell's once per year, I would be loving it. I have a full-size Coryell helmet on display at my work office, because that helmet will always be my favorite (for me, it was perfect).
        Today’s uni’s are the best they have ever had. Late 70s had some of the least attractive unis in their franchise history. You guys are just nostalgic. Its cute but misplaced.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Ben Herbert turned the Wolverines into Big Ten bullies through physical development, mental toughness and, most of all, consistency. With some personal innovation along the way.

Ben Herbert article
          Darius "4.36" Davis
          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

nooooo.... worst Charger uni in history!!!.... plus no team in sunbelt is stupid enough to wear darks.....except Chargers.... lol

Spanos incorredtly thought wearing navy's would attract navy vets as cahrgers fans......wrong!!!.... winning attreacts fans!!!!!
            we play under a roof.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Get him.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Get him.
                "Never had a better hire"
                (regarding Michigan specifically)
                Darius "4.36" Davis
                top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Today’s uni’s are the best they have ever had. Late 70s had some of the least attractive unis in their franchise history. You guys are just nostalgic. Its cute but misplaced.
                  agree to disagree all day on this one, the Coryell helmet was great. the blue jersey back then should have used today's pattern - no white trim on shoulder (just the bolt).

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

we play under a roof.
                    now.... lol but not for the 50 plus years if stupidity before... and like I said if you have played QB like I have, it is much easier to see your teamates in a fast pased situation if you are wearingf whte over navy which is nearly black....
                    and sorry but that is not a DOME !!!.... solid domes have AC...... Chargers dome has holes in it on;y reducing sun effects by a small percentage....no AC and its hot in there with no wind to cool you off.....

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                      Let’s get into this. I was PAC 10

Colby Fleener was good enough to get drafted by the Colts. He was great at Stanford and made plays. Thier offense was predicated by the two tight end set.

Yes they had great lineman David De Castro.

I know Toby Gehart he is from Norco and went to Norco he had a huge season at Stanford.

Harbaugh isn’t drafting a running back in the first round. I’m not turning this into a Bowers OTT debate.

You better draft Brock Bowers. He’s special and Harbaugh knows he’s special. And he’s gonna help Herbert.

The game is going to the tight end. Look at the teams. We can really have this debate.

Look at the bills Kincaid.

Remaining teams

Lions Laporta

Chiefs Kelce

49ers Kittle

Ravens Andrews

I know we talk about Trenches Ott is good but we can get a tackle in the second round. You’re taking a right tackle at 5????

When we have Rashawn Slater at left tackle.

Both Fleener and Ertz were good enough to be drafted into the NFL. It doesn't mean Harbaugh used them like we'd like to believe.
                      Harbaugh's last year (2010) Fleener and Ertz combined for 44 catches... combined!
                      Harbaugh's WR's (Baldwin, Whalen, and Owusu) combined for 124 catches.
                      Harbaugh's RB's (Taylor, Wilkerson, Gaffney) combined for over 300 caries.

The offense will be balanced. The offense will run the ball efficiently. That will help Herbert.
                      On the offensive side of the ball... the OL must be fixed. Whether that is coaching or personnel... I'll let Harbaugh figure that out.
                      Either MW or KA will be gone due to cap reasons. But I'd venture to say that KA, JP, DD, and QJ will suffice to run a Harbaugh offense.
                      If you want another TE to run out there with Parham... there are a few nice ones in the 4th round that would fit Harbaugh's offense.

You fixate on playoff TE's (even though Andrews has been out). You should see that the #1, #2, and #3 defenses are in the playoffs, too.
                      I could list all of the defenders individually... but football is the ultimate team sport. Everyone relies on their teammates to do their job.
                      I've been preaching "weak link" philosophy along the OL for so long... I've given up. But the same philosophy applies to the defense.
                      As a whole... our defense has so many "weak links". It's self-imposed, as we have spent our last four 1st-rounders on offense.

Run the ball... and play defense. That's Harbaugh football. We are woefully weak at both aspects.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Both Fleener and Ertz were good enough to be drafted into the NFL. It doesn't mean Harbaugh used them like we'd like to believe.
                        Harbaugh's last year (2010) Fleener and Ertz combined for 44 catches... combined!
                        Harbaugh's WR's (Baldwin, Whalen, and Owusu) combined for 124 catches.
                        Harbaugh's RB's (Taylor, Wilkerson, Gaffney) combined for over 300 caries.

The offense will be balanced. The offense will run the ball efficiently. That will help Herbert.
                        On the offensive side of the ball... the OL must be fixed. Whether that is coaching or personnel... I'll let Harbaugh figure that out.
                        Either MW or KA will be gone due to cap reasons. But I'd venture to say that KA, JP, DD, and QJ will suffice to run a Harbaugh offense.
                        If you want another TE to run out there with Parham... there are a few nice ones in the 4th round that would fit Harbaugh's offense.

You fixate on playoff TE's (even though Andrews has been out). You should see that the #1, #2, and #3 defenses are in the playoffs, too.
                        I could list all of the defenders individually... but football is the ultimate team sport. Everyone relies on their teammates to do their job.
                        I've been preaching "weak link" philosophy along the OL for so long... I've given up. But the same philosophy applies to the defense.
                        As a whole... our defense has so many "weak links". It's self-imposed, as we have spent our last four 1st-rounders on offense.

Run the ball... and play defense. That's Harbaugh football. We are woefully weak at both aspects.
                        sorry, but those TE's are not anywhere near Bowers in terms of talent!!!.... those who dont want a TE?.... do you not think that Winlsow, Gates, kelsy, or Gronk are difference makers to entire offense?????

Chargers best offenses had Winslow or Gates as the key target!!!
                        Chargers have ONLY had number 2 TE's since then!.... Henry was good but not close to great!

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

For some weird reason when I see the dark blue jerseys I think of physicality....I think of Merriman, Jamal W., Steve Foley, Godfrey, Goff, Marty, and that '06 team. That was a really tough, physical, smashmouth team and those jerseys fit that team.

But ever since then when I see a chargers team wearing dark blue I feel like they're imposters. It just doesn't "look" right. I always think to myself, "They should stick with the baby blue and yellow those are better finesse colors."

But now just having Harbaugh as head coach I think those dark blue jerseys are gonna look right again.

Comment

Working...
                          X