• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I expect to make the playoffs.I'm no cap expert but I know other teams manipulate it successfully. I expect that also.
    SB would be a pleasant surprise.
    They do and 11 teams will be above the cap in 2024. Only 4 have a big number. Broncos have 23 over and then us at 44.

7 of those teams were playoff teams with only Buffalo ( 50 mil over), Miami (52 over) and New Orleans ( 83m over) are higher than us. And we have the highest dead cap.

Packers made the playoffs but only 2.8 mil over. We can get under it but will be losing at least 3 star players and 1 retiring....though Joey only plays 8 games a year.

We could be a playoff team but not sure I'd say super bowl contenders. Would be great though. Maybe Harbaugh can work some magic.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Hey enough of this bullshit. We’re coming to kick ass.

We’re making a statement next season. So yeah we are going after the Chiefs.

We want that number 1 spot. Just enough so we can win the Super Bowl when it’s back at Sofi.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Vernon Davis was already on the roster when he got to SF. Davis' production went down. He only caught 26 passes in Harbaugh's last year.

In Harbaugh's 4 years w/the 49ers, they drafted 1 TE (Vance McDonald). Taken in the 2nd round, most thought he was over-drafted. He had 181 catches in 101 games.

Coby Fleener never caught 30 passes in a season under Harbaugh @Stanford. The Cardinal mainly relied on RB's Toby Gherhart, Stephon Taylor, and Tyler Gaffney. They had very good trenches. When they threw, the TE's were often the 3rd or 4th option.

His last year at Stanford, he converted Richard Sherman from WR to CB... and their 12-1 team had a stellar defense (only 226 points against).
        If this is all true, I hope we trade down from #5 to accumulate picks then instead of drafting Bowers.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          I’m most interested in seeing who the OL coach is going to be. Give me an old fart who has been through the NFL line wars and knows how to win them. I tired of watching our line looking like they’re doing Chinese fire drills.
          OL coach, RB coach, DB coach. Those are key, almost more so than OC/DC.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Wouldn’t mind having Ron Rivera as a linebackers coach.

I think proven coaches coordinators will be good.

Brian Johnson Quarterbacks coach.

just cause these guys got fired doesn’t mean they can’t help out at positions.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

While @SF, the team was gifted with LB's and pass rushers. While there, the 49ers drafted 2 DB's, 1 OLB, and a WR in the 1st rounds. The WR was a bust. They brought WR's and CB's in via free agency. Marrio Manningham and Carlos Rogers were notable acquisitions. Rogers was a 1st round pick of the Redskins and replaced the departing Nate Clements. The 49ers secondary was good and deep all 4 years Harbaugh was there.

The 49ers OL was very good those years. They were only over-shadowed by the LB's and pass rushers.
              OLineCentric

Comment

• jox g
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

I agree.
                Look the the 4 teams in the playoffs right now ! TE: Mark Andrews/Likely, Kittle, LaPorta, the blonde singer's "boyfriend"....
                All have solid QBs too.
                Consistent Run game (chefs "weakest statistically out of the 4)
                Defense (except Lion's pass D)
                Harbaugh, Shanahan, Dan the Man, reid
                Strong organizations.
                Must be a complete team to be in the playoffs and WIN.
                Weaknesses will be exposed and taken advantage of....

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

With most of your top talents leaving due to cap issues, except for Herbert?

One draft will not fix that. It's going to get really ugly before it gets better

Look on the bright side, the Chargers are soon going to have lots of draft capital to work with. That means in a few years, this team should be young, talented, and dangerous.

And if you want a Super Bowl win or two, that is an excellent step in the right direction.
                  How much did they get out of the top talent last year? Bosa, Linsley, M.Williams?

If those guys are gone, its not a subtraction, its a net zero.

5 - 12, and the 5th pick in the draft is already real ugly.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                    Let's do this!
                    • Aug 2022
                    • Raleigh N. Carolina
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

I agree.
                    This draft is historically deep at WR

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I know I mention the uniforms way to much, but the uniforms are the main reason I became a fan in the late 70s. To a 9 year old those Coryells looked just like superheroes. Keep the current ones if you want, but bring in the Coryells & Seau uniforms to replace the current royal and Navy alternates. Just for nostalgia sake. We've all still got a little kid left in us somewhere.
                      Id prefer the coryells over the navys. Some don't like thenyellow pants. They don't bother me but i do like the powder blues with white pants better.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Loved what I heard from Daniel Jeremiah in this interview.

"Jim Harbaugh is not going to care about Justin Herbert winning MVPs. Jim Harbaugh is going to beef up the offensive line. He's going to get a big, physical back. He's going to run the ball. He's going to take some of that pressure off of Justin Herbert. Justin Herbert is going to be more efficient. Justin Herbert can do what needs to be done in clutch moments. I saw this with Andrew Luck. Andrew Luck was the most talented player in college football, and for a two-year period it wasn't close. He was clearly the best player in college football, and most coaches would have said, 'Oo, I'm going to take this Ferrari out on the highway. We're going to let him throw it 55 times a game,' and he didn't do that. He asked Andrew to play efficient, play smart, protect the football, and make plays when you have to. I think he'll take some of that load, some of that pressure off of Justin Herbert."

This is what I've wanted for over 10 years, with Philip Rivers and now Justin Herbert. I've debated many people on this forum about this for the last couple of years. Whether you like it or not now, we're going to run the ball much more. And we're going to win.

NFL Network Analyst Daniel Jeremiah and Rich Eisen discuss the impact Jim Harbaugh will have on Chargers QB Justin Herbert.Tune in to the Emmy-nominated Rich...

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Let’s get into this. I was PAC 10

Colby Fleener was good enough to get drafted by the Colts. He was great at Stanford and made plays. Thier offense was predicated by the two tight end set.

Yes they had great lineman David De Castro.

I know Toby Gehart he is from Norco and went to Norco he had a huge season at Stanford.

Harbaugh isn’t drafting a running back in the first round. I’m not turning this into a Bowers OTT debate.

You better draft Brock Bowers. He’s special and Harbaugh knows he’s special. And he’s gonna help Herbert.

The game is going to the tight end. Look at the teams. We can really have this debate.

Look at the bills Kincaid.

Remaining teams

Lions Laporta

Chiefs Kelce

49ers Kittle

Ravens Andrews

I know we talk about Trenches Ott is good but we can get a tackle in the second round. You’re taking a right tackle at 5????

When we have Rashawn Slater at left tackle.

Comment

Working...
                          X