• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hard Charger
    Chargers fan since 1977!
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Damn! Y'all partied on this thread most of the night! I got a question though... "Who was it that left the dadgum tequila bottle in the toilet?"

Our Time is Now!

Bolt Up!

HC

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Ed. Dean.

"Younger guys."
      We get to thank John Spanos.
      If it ever comes out that John Spanos was a driving force in hiring Harbaugh, it'll turn this forum on its head...reality breaking shit, like Aristotle telling the ancient Greeks the world is round, not flat...
      Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard Charger View Post
        Damn! Y'all partied on this thread most of the night! I got a question though... "Who was it that left the dadgum tequila bottle in the toilet?"

Our Time is Now!

Bolt Up!

HC
        Somebody was filling it for the Raiders fans to celebrate getting Tommy T.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Unlike Dmac, I dont expect people to come on here, hat in hand, and apologize for all the dissing of the Spanos family, and incorrect deductions about a variety of issues, from cheapness, to commitment to winning...you were frustrated for years, looking to blame...I get it.

But in lieu of eating crow...how about dialing down the hate and disrespect for the near future, eh? No more little johnny, daddy's little retard...negative shit like that. How about a clean slate for everybody...fellow fans and ownership alike.

Be nice if we can just argue FA, Draft, final roster, scheme...between now and September...you know...talk football?

Just a friendly suggestion...
          Lol, i didn’t expect them to do a thing and I suppose I shouldn’t rub ‘toldyaso’ salt. But the intensity was brutal, and much directed at you for not falling in line with the mob, i would add. You are a good guy. I don’t need an apology for me, not even the Spani Spawn who have long earned enmity from their missteps. i think it’s cleansing and healthy for themselves. Its like one of the steps to recovery to be able to finally release the pain? Gotta work the all steps!

meh - you’re probably right. It’s nice to see such optimism from so many here for our favorite team’s future last night and rolling forward. Never mind.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I would try to steal Tanner Engstrand from the Lions and have him be OC instead. But this is a great list IMO.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'm with Lone Bolt and thanks for what you wrote, LB. Kind of tired of the "I hate the Spanosesesses and I am jealous of John" stuff. Would be nice to give it a rest for a while and acknowledge they did what we were hoping and praying they would do. If they mess up real bad in the future, they get from us what they deserve. But positive energy here would be so nice for a change. Let's enjoy this hire all off season. We deserve it.

I watched an interview that was done last year and Harbaugh took a michigan reporter into his office and showed him around. Harbuagh sure is awkward. Lots of pauses, staring into space (and those glasses that magnify his eyes don't help!), get the sense he is not really listening or paying attention. It's amazing that he is such a great motivator and coach unless he is totally different with the team.A few of his former Mich players were interviewed and they said Harbaugh is loveably different (his pants once caught on fire while talking to the team too close to a sideline heater). He sure loves his Dad. Hey whatever works I am all for it. We had the silver tongued Staley and that was a train wreck.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
                Bolt Up!
                • Jan 2024
                • Send PM

New poster on here. I am hoping this coaching hire will heal the wounds from the 2006 playoff collapse. That to this day is the best Chargers team I have ever seen and arguably one of the best NFL teams ever assembled and they didn't make it to the Super Bowl. My grandfather was stationed in San Diego when he was in the Navy and my dad grew up going to Chargers games in the 60s. I think Harbaugh is the best coach that has been hired since Marty and I am hoping he can finally get them to the Super Bowl. This is the most excited I have been for a upcoming season in a long time.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

They might, although they already have Ed McGuire, who's been known as among the best in the business for a long time.
                  Maguire is good but the key to good cap management

Drafting well
                  Developing players

If you can do those two things - you can manage your cap. When AJ didn't draft well, had to use Free agency. When Telesco and Staley pushed chips in, had to use free agency.

If you draft well and develop those players, a lot of cap issues are taken away.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Ed. Dean.

"Younger guys."
                    We get to thank John Spanos.
                    Cowherd said it was older people “telling Dean” so he excluded Dean from the old guy bitch club. I don’t think this next huge step in Charger history happens without Dean 100% on board, it’s grainy photos of Dean in the parking lot with Jim, etc. so I’m strongly guessing Dean was on the side of light with John on this one and discarded the old naysayers’ subterfuge.

Old guys = older employees that can add 1+1 = 2 and they know their jobs are at grave risk if a Harbaugh type persona comes in imo. They are likely safe with a newbie BJ. Sadly, self preservation guides their “advice”.

The fun of being Dean and John is your job is never at risk so they don’t give a fuck about that shit now. They want to finally win and are done being the dumbasses of the league.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Cowherd said “older” guys in Chargers FO weren’t hot on Harbaugh. Ed McGuire??

https://twitter.com/chargerscommish/...4BrrXe6U-h5bEA
                      Ed Maguire - out

Dawn Aponte in.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        I would try to steal Tanner Engstrand from the Lions and have him be OC instead. But this is a great list IMO.

Allbright thinks Romans. Scott Turner and David Shaw will be on his staff

So thats probably RB and Run game Coordinator

QB Coach

OC

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by GoChargersGo!! View Post
                          New poster on here. I am hoping this coaching hire will heal the wounds from the 2006 playoff collapse. That to this day is the best Chargers team I have ever seen and arguably one of the best NFL teams ever assembled and they didn't make it to the Super Bowl. My grandfather was stationed in San Diego when he was in the Navy and my dad grew up going to Chargers games in the 60s. I think Harbaugh is the best coach that has been hired since Marty and I am hoping he can finally get them to the Super Bowl. This is the most excited I have been for a upcoming season in a long time.
                          Welcome aboard!!
                          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X