Clear All
  • colorado
    Fan since '62
    • Jun 2023
    • Desert Rat
    • Nothing but time on my hands
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Nope...I think we are so done with that Staley fluff...
    That's a fact Jack...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

That's a fact Jack...
      Harbaugh has his own way of filling press conf time with platitudes and cliches. Everyone here just still likes his new phrases. Folks put WAYYYYYYYY too much interest and importance in coach-speak, always have and always will. Harbaugh didn’t say much of shit when you parse out the almost 20 min tape.

and I’m fine with that. And I love JH. This is no knock on him at all, it’s a knock on the world’s misplaced valuation of coach press conferences in general.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Harbaugh has his own way of filling press conf time with platitudes and cliches. Everyone here just still likes his new phrases. Folks put WAYYYYYYYY too much interest and importance in coach-speak, always have and always will. Harbaugh didn’t say much of shit when you parse out the almost 20 min tape.

and I’m fine with that. And I love JH. This is no knock on him at all, it’s a knock on the world’s misplaced valuation of coach press conferences in general.
        What's important is what a coach does on the field...and Harbo has an excellent proven track record...unlike ahem, SOME OTHER coaches we know about...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

What's important is what a coach does on the field...and Harbo has an excellent proven track record...unlike ahem, SOME OTHER coaches we know about...
          Your eye for what matters is sharpened steel with laser focus

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

listening to Harbaugh is both entertaining and interesting. when he explained why the offensive line was the position group that does not rely on anyone else, but all other position groups can benefit from the OL, that was good shit. he sounded like a guy who has lived a life of football. i will tune in to hear that kind of guy.

with Staley, i wanted to hear what he had to say and what was up with the team in his press conferences, but it became painful to listen to his amateur hour talk. that 4th down call in cleveland - one of the dumbest decisions in the history of football.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

listening to Harbaugh is both entertaining and interesting. when he explained why the offensive line was the position group that does not rely on anyone else, but all other position groups can benefit from the OL, that was good shit. he sounded like a guy who has lived a life of football. i will tune in to hear that kind of guy.

with Staley, i wanted to hear what he had to say and what was up with the team in his press conferences, but it became painful to listen to his amateur hour talk. that 4th down call in cleveland - one of the dumbest decisions in the history of football.
                That was the moment I knew on the inside we were fucked.
                iirc, I was insufferable that week complaining after a W (sorry)
                but had I reflected a bit more, I would have understood my visceral reaction was more of me having to face the fact that Staley was not the guy to lead us to a superbowl.

upwards and onwards.
                Darius "4.36" Davis
                top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Boob, singular. ‘s is a connecting modifier, i lack the grammatical dictionary to describe it more correctly. Ask me to write and i can write grammatically correct sentences (I don’t always, but i know when i don’t). but ask me to deconstruct and define the various pieces and parts of sentences and I’m … uh … fuck if I remember what they’re called anymore.

But regarding Boob - I apologize, sorry - it was only a figure of speech for dramatic effect, i didn’t mean it literally. Mybad again.
                  Let me help you remember. The best boobs in Hollywood.

And if you haven’t watched Euphoria, you should.

Tonight Show Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Let me help you remember. The best boobs in Hollywood.

And if you haven’t watched Euphoria, you should.

Tonight Show Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
                    she's not saying "me too" - she's saying "look at these"

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

Its very entertaining - i find his energy infectious. I get fired up. But he's talking bromides and platitudes imo, basic football 101 any good coach might say. No good coach will say much about what is really up with the team to the press, as other teams listen, imo.

And before you bring up Staley again, I said any GOOD coach ...

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Agree, dmac. And Harbaugh has honed the skill of not answering some questions he doesn't like and just talking about something else. Because he is Jim Harbaugh the reporters are too intimidated to say "You didn't answer my question". They just drop it.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Its very entertaining - i find his energy infectious. I get fired up. But he's talking bromides and platitudes imo, basic football 101 any good coach might say. No good coach will say much about what is really up with the team to the press, as other teams listen, imo.

And before you bring up Staley again, I said any GOOD coach ...
                          he will mix in a lot of general goofy stuff (TO-day, etc.), but he also will be lay out what he does believe in. he preached o-line and running the football, and then went o-line with the first pick. when he does get to the point, it is usually worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                          X