• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I predict JJ McCarthy will be the first QB off the board also - in the 2nd round.
    Fifth pick in the 2nd? lol.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

I'm not biatching about anything. I like every move his offseason so far. But that doesn't change my opinion about the guy much.
      Ok. I didn’t really try to change your mind.

You seem quite pumped about Charger Future, as most of us are. Our biggest question flipped from if to how long - thats quite a sea change. There’s really only one or two die hard bitters in the mix anymore. Onward!

I predicted this last season was the year of the Flip - just completely missed what the flip would be lol
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

I have to admit, I'm a bit amused by the sudden rehabilitation of Baby Spanos' image on the forum. For decades until just a few days ago, he was reviled, mocked, despised, etc. by Chargers fans. He's going to have to do more than be supportive of Jim Harbaugh before I jump on that bandwagon. He's still the same guy who hired Tom Telesco, Mike McCoy, Anthony Lynn and Brandon Staley. He's still the guy who as president of football operations allowed the franchise to become a flaming joke. He's still the guy who was afraid to let Staley leave the building lest the Eagles hire him in 2021. He's still the guy who decided to retain Staley after the Jax debacle because, in his eyes, the team was making progress. He's still the guy who has had everything handed to him, who has never had to prove himself in the workplace, who knows he can't be fired, no matter how much he effs everything up. I don't really have anything against Baby Spanos personally. I just don't believe anybody would give him an NFL job if he were not the son of a franchise owner. My opinion isn't going to change about him unless/until the Chargers win a couple of Lombardis.
        WTH?
        Baby Spanos has self castrated himself, like so many here were urging him to do back in the dark ages of Charger football
        He has willingly given in to our demands and has abdicated any role in influencing Charger personnel and coaching matters.
        What more does he have to do for you?

Shouldn't we praise him to high heaven for his self realization and personal growth?
        He has taken the first step: acknowledging that he is a bum and completely inadequate for the role he wished to carve out.

You still want to bash him?

My own personal advice Velo: stay away from any AA meetings.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
          Since Balboa Stadium
          • Sep 2022
          • LA
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Fifth pick in the 2nd? lol.
          Well I would not doubt Harbaugh might draft him if nobody does..for sure...groom him as a backup with Easton stick....Michigan was not a passing team but Harbaugh knows him best...would be great to give him a tryout.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            JH3 and Me
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

WTH?
            Baby Spanos has self castrated himself, like so many here were urging him to do back in the dark ages of Charger football
            He has willingly given in to our demands and has abdicated any role in influencing Charger personnel and coaching matters.
            What more does he have to do for you?

Shouldn't we praise him to high heaven for his self realization and personal growth?
            He has taken the first step: acknowledging that he is a bum and completely inadequate for the role he wished to carve out.

You still want to bash him?

My own personal advice Velo: stay away from any AA meetings.
            Damn
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

If there’s no issues between Pep and Harbaugh, I’m down with a reunion as QB Coach for Herbert.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I have to admit, I'm a bit amused by the sudden rehabilitation of Baby Spanos' image on the forum. For decades until just a few days ago, he was reviled, mocked, despised, etc. by Chargers fans. He's going to have to do more than be supportive of Jim Harbaugh before I jump on that bandwagon. He's still the same guy who hired Tom Telesco, Mike McCoy, Anthony Lynn and Brandon Staley. He's still the guy who as president of football operations allowed the franchise to become a flaming joke. He's still the guy who was afraid to let Staley leave the building lest the Eagles hire him in 2021. He's still the guy who decided to retain Staley after the Jax debacle because, in his eyes, the team was making progress. He's still the guy who has had everything handed to him, who has never had to prove himself in the workplace, who knows he can't be fired, no matter how much he effs everything up. I don't really have anything against Baby Spanos personally. I just don't believe anybody would give him an NFL job if he were not the son of a franchise owner. My opinion isn't going to change about him unless/until the Chargers win a couple of Lombardis.
                It’s less rehabilitation and more pushing back against false perceptions about John including that he was controlling or meddling. He’s definitely not 2014 Jed York.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

But nepotism did?
                  It did. Just like it did with Kyle Shanahan. But he showed that he was more than his father by doing things separately in the NFL first before joining his staff. Maybe that’s Jay’s thinking also.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I still dont want him involved with decision making on players or drafts. Hopefully he learned you need to get better coaches. Thats all we can hope for. Harbaughs tenure should show him, that,... thats the way to do it. Il still call him JohnBoy.,
                    From Popper:

Hortiz will meet with the media Tuesday for his introductory news conference. Both Dean and John Spanos stopped short of saying explicitly who, between Harbaugh and Hortiz, will have the final say over personnel. The only sure thing they revealed about the power structure is that both Harbaugh and Hortiz will report directly to John Spanos.

Said John Spanos: “The healthiest of healthy organizations have to have a collaborative process. And it’s OK to have a disagreement or a difference of opinion on a player, but you have to be able to work through that together. And if you’re ever in a situation where you’re having to kind of look up in the contract, well, who has final say here, you’ve got much bigger problems on your hands, and that’s not what we’re going to have. We’re going to have a collaborative effort.”

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

wondering what they do in terms of any Asst GM, and if they will shake up the scouting dept @all ??
                      Asst GM is still JoJo until at least after the draft. Maybe Hortiz will keep him on permanently.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                        Since Balboa Stadium
                        • Sep 2022
                        • LA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                        Rich Eisen having fun with Jim...

Thanks for the post...nice.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

It’s time to officially retire the word “Chargering.” We have real coaching now. We will be properly prepared to play.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X