• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
    KPRC2’s Aaron Wilson reports the Chargers are expected to hire Greg Roman as their offensive coordinator.

This is an interesting but not all that surprising of a hire. Roman worked with Chargers head coach Jim Harbaugh from 2011 to 2014 and had an offense that ranked 11th in points per game in each of their first three seasons. What makes the Roman hire an interesting one is the fact most of his success has come with rushing quarterbacks. Colin Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, and Lamar Jackson all enjoyed tremendous success under Roman but are far from the mold Justin Herbert is cut from. While Herbert has athleticism to spare, we can expect Roman’s offense to look significantly different from what we’ve seen in recent years. Former 49ers quarterback Alex Smith enjoyed a resurgence under Greg Roman in 2011 and 2012, throwing for 4881-30-10 in 25 starts. We’d expect far more productive numbers from Herbert, however, who as the far more talented player.
    Roman isn’t confirmed as OC yet. That’s not what the Tweet said.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
      Maybe Greg Roman LEARNED from his shortcomings. (1 year off on "timeout") to see how the league has evolved. Hopefully he has too and comes back better! He's a good starting point. Im sure Jim will hire another coordinator who can be a back up OC in case things go awry.
      Not the OC yet.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Not the OC yet.
        You might as well accept it lol, Wilson is reporting it and this writing has been on the wall for a while

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
          i think the off-season will be more like batman A (Hortiz) and batman B (Harbaugh), and the season will be Batman and Robin (JH and Hortiz). fine with me though, i have always thought that it is silly for the coach not to have input - he is in charge of winning games with the available players.
          so long as it is NOT George Clooney Batman and more of the Dark Knight Batman.

Originally posted by northerner View Post
          my favorite line from JH: i told Dean i'm hungry to win, he said he was starving to win.
          It's gonna be a buffet for Harbaugh to dine at!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports the Rams have hired former Chargers interim head coach Giff Smith as their defensive line coach/run game coordinator.

Smith served as the Chargers’ interim head coach for the final three weeks of the season after the team fired Brandon Staley. Smith went 0-3 during his time with the Chargers but was being targeted by several teams during this coaching cycle. Now, with the Rams, Smith will continue to coach at So-Fi Stadium, which serves as the home to both the Rams and Chargers.

Comment

• jox g
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Ahhh , OFFSIDES

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

He's always looked like a better OC prospect than OG to me, I'm no draft guru, but he has incredible power to take on DTs, but not the lateral agility to deal with speed from 3t and beyond. Maybe he gets better with more consistency.

But Slater gave high praise to McFadden at LG.
                So I'm good with that pairing on the left and Zion as competition for OC.
                I don't really understand that this. Not just from you but the others saying this.

Zion got to be a first round prospect from playing OG. He never played OC til he went to the senior bowl and he didn't play it that much there. Some reps in practice, and he was hiking the ball over the QBs head and a series or two in the actual game,...So saying he looked like a better OC prospect is a bit of a puzzler.

I'm not saying he can't. If he can play OC at a high level then I think that's great but he didn't make it to where he is by playing OC.

But again, if he can, that saves us from having to use a high pick in one. However we won't know til they move him there in practice with the new regime so I do not expect us to not sign or draft a OC because the new regime won't have a practice till after FA and the draft.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

You might as well accept it lol, Wilson is reporting it and this writing has been on the wall for a while
                  Wilson didn’t report it though. Look at his Tweet again.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Better Jay than Minter.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports the Rams have hired former Chargers interim head coach Giff Smith as their defensive line coach/run game coordinator.

Smith served as the Chargers’ interim head coach for the final three weeks of the season after the team fired Brandon Staley. Smith went 0-3 during his time with the Chargers but was being targeted by several teams during this coaching cycle. Now, with the Rams, Smith will continue to coach at So-Fi Stadium, which serves as the home to both the Rams and Chargers.
                      Ha, not only did they NOT hire Staley, but then they hire Giff as a position coach.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Better Jay than Minter.
                        Why would he not coach here with his Dad?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

That clip I got was from an NBC website. The word has been swirling for a while Roman will be the OC. Harbaugh tapped him last time he was an NFL coach, hardly a stretch. I think you are hanging on because you don't want it. Who is the OC going to be if not Roman? Not much interviewing going on. I think the guy from Indy was for the Rooney rule

Comment

Working...
                          X