• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
    Don’t know who these guys are but they’re claiming Ravens assistant Mike Delvin is being hired as OL coach. Also heard his name as a possible candidate on Locked on Chargers.

The Athletic beat writer for the Ravens, Jeff Zrebiec, was the one who mentioned it as a possibility. I would trust him more than these guys.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

I doubt we’re going after Barkley in FA. Otherwise good to hear from Leaf about his time with Harbaugh.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        I doubt we’re going after Barkley in FA. Otherwise good to hear from Leaf about his time with Harbaugh.
        Yeah he's still fairly young and is going to get paid.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Yeah he's still fairly young and is going to get paid.
          I saw that this morning and I found it highly unlikely the Chargers would spend that much money on RB when Harbaugh mentioned yesterday that its about protecting the QB and creating a running game. If the Chargers are going to spend money in free agency, I think it will be Oline. It is why Joe Alt just might be the pick at 5.

For Harbaugh - its going to start with the line of scimmage, on offense and defense I presume, after the coaching staff is figured out.

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

damn I've listened about halfway to the bridget condon question and I am excited for what's in store! Harbaugh just sounds sincere and honest. I dont hear snake-oil, car salesman speak in his presser. Now I could be having my rose-colored hearing aids on but I dont hear the words that no one uses in everyday speech. and I LOVED the "multiple championships" part! HELLZYEAH!
            GO Harbaugh, GO!

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              I've never really understood the hate for John boy around here. He busted his tail working his way up through the personnel side of things doing things nobody else in his position does. He actually worked as a road scout for several years. That's probably the hardest least glamorous job in football. There are plenty of other owners children around the league working for their team and none of them did stuff like that. Stephen Jones is an example.
              John is just a convenient boogieman. His crime like his father’s is not winning but I don’t think he’s as bad as a lot of people on this forum are making it out to be.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

John Spanos needs to be the guy on the draft camera that can stand there with his hand on his chin, pondering, deep in thought and when the draft pick is made by JH2 - he pats them on the back, giving high fives- -thats his role moving forward

"Atta Boy!!"
                Just an FYI but both Harbaugh and Hortiz still report directly to John. Now what does that mean? Probably that Harbaugh wouldn’t have accepted the position if John was as meddling or controlling as everyone here and on every social media make him out to be.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

OMG … Jim Harbaugh you are the man. I didn’t watch any of his presser … Did he really say he wants to “Jim Rockford it” for the first coupla months in a trailer by the water? You young ‘uns may not know the “Rockford Files,” a 1970s TV show about a PI, starring James Garner in the lead role, who lived in a house trailer in a parking lot above the ocean off the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. Jim Rockford is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    Stack Au Ag Pb
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

I actually thought John did a pretty good job at the presser and in many ways I think he represents his business well.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      OMG … Jim Harbaugh you are the man. I didn’t watch any of his presser … Did he really say he wants to “Jim Rockford it” for the first coupla months in a trailer by the water? You young ‘uns may not know the “Rockford Files,” a 1970s TV show about a PI, starring James Garner in the lead role, who lived in a house trailer in a parking lot above the ocean off the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. Jim Rockford is one of my favorite characters of all time.
                      yep. Probably more of a joke, he was answering a question about being an L.A. guy. But with a house search in progress, it might make sense.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                        Social Piranha
                        • May 2022
                        • Flyover, USA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Great theme song too

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

It's interesting - I remember about 10-12 years ago a discussion on these boards about how John Spanos could potentially be the savior of this franchise. Because he had seen so much mismanagement from the top that when it was his turn, he would know what NOT to do.

Maybe we're finally starting to see that?

Bottom line: winning cures all. Let's win.
                          Too much positivity right now to focus on any negative crap...I probably misread his comments at the presser, right now, I don't want to think about the dude, like at all and I'm going to stop posting about him here...my dislike for him goes way back when I was an educator and I heard some stuff thru the grapevine about things that went on with him while he was still in HS...none of that shit matters now, you could make the argument that we have a legit top 5 QB and a legit top 5 HC now, and the Fam is putting the money necessary into play to make a legit run at a title, the first time we've all seen this, there is no bargain basement shopping happening here anymore, the family is finally spending the money and that's what we've all been asking for going back decades, I have been critical in the past but it's really hard to stay on that path seeing that our owners are finally "owning" the correct way
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X