• Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I'm not a Greg Roman fan.
    I think the hope is that he’ll only be a run game coordinator here.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Hoping we keep Ficken 🙏

Among the many Harbaughisms to come from his introductory news conference: “I’m going to play as long as I can, then coach, then die."

On the special teams front, the logical decision for the organization is retaining Ryan Ficken, who groomed the unit from a bottom-feeder to one of the top groups in the league over the last two seasons. Harbaugh said he has been “having the conversations with” Ficken. President of football operations John Spanos echoed that, saying, “there have been some ongoing conversations between Jim and the coaches we have.” That would indicate Ficken still has a chance at keeping his current role.

Harbaugh said “priority No. 1” is getting his coaching staff finalized. So I imagine the Chargers will move relatively quickly, particularly with the coordinator spots.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

I love that he said we want to win multiple championships. None of that we’ll take it one season at a time. Dude comes in swinging. We want to win championships.

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Our perception of John Spanos needs to evolve.
          He is growing into the new role.
          This is the Brand New Chargers
          FWIW, he sounded a little more polished than Dean. oh wait, this is TBP, we are supposed to hate him and hope he burns in hell....

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
            I love that he said we want to win multiple championships. None of that we’ll take it one season at a time. Dude comes in swinging. We want to win championships.
            Yeah, I caught that. None of this we want to compete. Not we want to win a championship. We want to win multiple championships. Why not us?

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              2024 is not a rebuilding year. let's go!!

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                When asked about his staff, Harbaugh said the next 3-5 days. Said he wants to “measure twice, cut once”. He’s being careful about it

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

i think the off-season will be more like batman A (Hortiz) and batman B (Harbaugh), and the season will be Batman and Robin (JH and Hortiz). fine with me though, i have always thought that it is silly for the coach not to have input - he is in charge of winning games with the available players.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

There's no other coach I'd rather have. I'm so glad, and still so pleasantly stunned, that we got him. I can't remember going into an offseason having this much faith. It's a great feeling.

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                      There's no other coach I'd rather have. I'm so glad, and still so pleasantly stunned, that we got him. I can't remember going into an offseason having this much faith. It's a great feeling.
                      i also think we are getting the older and wiser version on JH. I think he knows better when to pull back a little bit. also, winning the national championship puts him a little more at peace - he has won the big one in college and now he can work on the lombardi.

plus, the national championship - winning two games in a playoff to win it - puts him in bigger stature with the current roster and free agent targets. it is nice to have the ring on your finger - college or pros. plus, he has already been to a super bowl, so he is already as close as you can get to a gold standard.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

my favorite line from JH: i told Dean i'm hungry to win, he said he was starving to win.

right on. let's go win.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                          Social Piranha
                          • May 2022
                          • Flyover, USA
                          • Send PM

Don’t know who these guys are but they’re claiming Ravens assistant Mike Delvin is being hired as OL coach. Also heard his name as a possible candidate on Locked on Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                          X