Clear All
  • Sgt Schultz
    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
    • Jun 2013
    • Palm Springs
    • I know nothing
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post
    During Coach Harbaugh’s introduction today one of the reporters from a radio network introduced himself in part, by saying something along-the-lines of “I attended games and an probably the only one left. . .”, referring to the 1960 L.A. Chargers opening, inaugural, first season; I beg to differ and excuse me if I appear to stray from the theme of humility that was stressed today, but it is fact. I was at the very first Chargers game - ever. And I vividly remember the very first play when RB Paul Lowe fielded the opening kickoff from the N Y Titans about 4-yards deep in the East Colisseum end zone, brought it out, cut right, then weaving through and leaving behind their entire special teasers, with Chargers blocking of course and ran the entire length of the playing field for a 104-yard Touchdown ! Electric moment and the stands in that stadium practically went into orbit. Greatest way, first play for the opening of the Chargers.

But that reporter needs to know that I was there for every game that inaugural season. True story.
    Wow! I was also there for that very first game in 1960.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

You’re reading too much into it. It was a very savvy and nice thing that John did. Not awkward at all. You know that Jim had a lot of respect for Davis right?

We got Jim in large part because of John and his efforts.
      Also important to note that Harbaugh basically echoed the same sentiments as John when a reporter asked him about having Jesse Minter and his son on staff. He was very careful to say he was looking forward to seeing all the talented people they were going to interview for their staff.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post
        During Coach Harbaugh’s introduction today one of the reporters from a radio network introduced himself in part, by saying something along-the-lines of “I attended games and an probably the only one left. . .”, referring to the 1960 L.A. Chargers opening, inaugural, first season; I beg to differ and excuse me if I appear to stray from the theme of humility that was stressed today, but it is fact. I was at the very first Chargers game - ever. And I vividly remember the very first play when RB Paul Lowe fielded the opening kickoff from the N Y Titans about 4-yards deep in the East Colisseum end zone, brought it out, cut right, then weaving through and leaving behind their entire special teasers, with Chargers blocking of course and ran the entire length of the playing field for a 104-yard Touchdown ! Electric moment and the stands in that stadium practically went into orbit. Greatest way, first play for the opening of the Chargers.

But that reporter needs to know that I was there for every game that inaugural season. True story.
        Really glad you are part of this internet family. None of us have your experiences or those of Sgt Schlutz. Hope we win the Super Bowl soon. We all deserve it and you both deserve it the most!

PS big Hogans Heroes fan. I see nothing!
        TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
          Let's do this!
          • Aug 2022
          • Raleigh N. Carolina
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
          Davis was not mentioned by name by Harbaugh. Damn he is getting cut, what are going to do with punt and KO returns next year?
          Really disappointed he didn't mention me. I'm probably going to become a Chiefs fan now.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

I think John was just being nice talking about great connections meaning some of the coordinators. Probably the Leslie Fraziers of the world.

I looked at it differently

Kind of too the Rooney rule that it’s actually working. A lot of these black coaches that normally wouldn’t get looks are actually able to meet get to know these owners and be considered for other positions. Getting to know these guys.

Even guys like Brown. It’s part of the process what it’s for.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              One of the things I wanna say here is that,
              historically,
              both in games,
              and with regard to seasons,
              the Chargers do not
              know what to do with success.

"Hungry, humble, relentless."

Also:
              "...we will be physical-- don't let The Powder Blues fool you."

I listened to the whole enchilada LIVE and am frankly very impressed.
              I was actually surprised by Harbaugh's humility and his deep feeling of responsibility to maximize his player's skill and work. He doesn't seem like a hard ass. Just a worker. earn it. I guess if a player doesn't have that work ethic he'll move on.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Really disappointed he didn't mention me. I'm probably going to become a Chiefs fan now.
                He said he cares about the fans. Hope that's enough for you.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Also important to note that Harbaugh basically echoed the same sentiments as John when a reporter asked him about having Jesse Minter and his son on staff. He was very careful to say he was looking forward to seeing all the talented people they were going to interview for their staff.
                  Maybe some people are having srcond thoughts,
                  like going to SEA.
                  Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Maybe some people are having srcond thoughts,
                    like going to SEA.
                    Just Rooney Rule related policy that they need to meet.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Several twitter posts yesterday that Devlin "is" our new OL coach - I still haven't seen a Charger official announcement.

Joe D' did some fine work. great OL coach.
                      another great hire!..... great coaches usually hire great assistants.. and they are exposed to great training and environment..... BAL always has a great tough OL and running game.... ONLY reason their passing game is not elite is because their QB is an elite runner with a cannon arm BUT with very inconsistent touch, so he misses easy passes but makes highlight worthy plays.... if you shut down the run, he cannot pass you to victory.....
                      BUT HERBERT CAN!!!
                      Improving the OL is partly about talent.... elite talent like slater and Sewel are going to be good with even sucky coaches, but average guys like NE has had with elite coaching perform like all pros..... and its also about how they work together as a group!
                      I dont know anything about him except he has been trained by Harbugh's brother and other elite coaches..... i'll go withj that over what Chargers have done before....

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Moved the raider news to the trash.... er: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...her-teams-news

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Moved the raider news to the trash.... er: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...her-teams-news
                          LOL!!!!!!!!!!.....thank you!!!!!....lol

Comment

Working...
                          X