X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hire Josh McDaniels

If i were the Chargers this would be the coach I would target. He is young, had once coaching stint that failed against our hated rival. That gameplan last night in AZ for the Pats was awesome. The guy has balls, can manage a game. He would be my choice right now. And he would out coach the donkeys the rest of his career because the fired him.

What do you think?
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Fuck no.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

We could learn a lot from...

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

I have never really liked him since his corny post-game fist-pumping lap around Mile High after they beat the Pats. That being said, he has probably matured a bit since then. The Belichick coaching tree hasn't been stellar, but I guess everyone deserves a second chance. Maybe he'd be a breath of fresh air....who knows....couldn't be any worse that what we have now....GEEZ, so done with MehCoy.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I heard Tim Tebow is available. We could win a playoff game or two.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• FiftyFive
            Dean Spanos is a traitor!
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Congrats, OP. For a minute, you somehow managed to make be thankful that the Spanoses are the way they are. No way they'd ever hire McDumbass, just because he would rock the boat too much for their liking. Not that I'm sad about that - the guy has done NOTHING without Belicheat, Brady, and all the cheating that the league has turned a blind eye to in Foxboro. He's another Lane Kiffin.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              That being said, he has probably matured a bit since then.
              It had to be a humbling experience. Plus that was 6 years ago, you could be right about him maturing since then.

But I think he is probably waiting for Bill to retire
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

All of Belicheats coaching tree has failed, yet even when they leave, the pats still do well.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  It had to be a humbling experience. Plus that was 6 years ago, you could be right about him maturing since then.

But I think he is probably waiting for Bill to retire
                  That's my impression as well. He's turned down interviews for HC recently.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I was thinking the other coordinator. Matt Patricia.

Comment

• vinabolt
                      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                      • Feb 2015
                      • Send PM

I think McDaniel would be a risky candidate. There are a lot of factors into selecting a head coach. What McDaniel has is X&O, very bright offensive football mind, creative, think outside the box. But X&O can only takes you so far, heck, if we want X&O we can just re-hire Norv, lol.

I follow Belichick since his crazy out-of-the-box gameplans while working as a DC for NYG. As a chess player we have deeper appreciation for those gameplans, 1 of those gameplan is in the Hall of Fame right now, the only gameplan in the HOF. So, in my mind, then and now, Belichick no doubt are the best head coach in football history, especially in X&O defensive football. But those "genius" X&O get him nowhere in Cleveland.

Part of it is well, it's Cleveland, Cleveland suppose to suck. But there are other reasons for BB failures in CLE, like his lacked of leadership, immaturity, hot tempered, and was mediocre in motivation. Much like McDaniel right now.

McDaniel is more matured but he still look very young, he still doesn't have the maturity and the leadership of an NFL head coach, IMO. There are potential that he can improves on those things, like Belichick when he went to NE. But that's why I said it'll be "risky". How many years can we wait for him to improve on those flaws? And it's not like his strength on X&O is on par with Belichick's.

There is really only 1 reason that the Belichick coaching tree doesn't have that much success, even some of the big names (Charlie Weis, Romeo Cronnel, Eric Mangini, McDaniel, Bill O'Brien, Dante Scarnecchia etc. left, they still do well. That 1 reason is Belichick himself. He was born to coach football. Some people just have a unique talent in their DNA. The strategy, tactic, X&O parts of his strength are really unmatched, they are his natural abilities. The other parts (motivation, leadership, communication etc.) he learned and improves overtime thanks to his work ethic. We just don't know if McDaniel can develop into that.

McDaniel has patient and temper problems. He is really short temper. Remember the mysterious blackeye that BB got last year? Well, according to rumors from my old gambling "company" in LA that I used to work for, it was McDaniel who angrily punched BB because he banned him from the MIA interview, as BB has a policy of disallow his coaches to interview for a head coach job with a divisional rivals, since the Eric Mangini "betrayal".

At this point, I really think we need to find an older coach that have the balls to make bold decisions on and off the field. He needs to lay into the team when they suck, both as a team and as individual. Yelling and demanding, but not in a immature kind of way like McDaniel was in DEN and NE. I remember him yelled "Do your job, don't try to do anybody else job" in 1 of the videos in NFL.com. The clips show that he yelled at DEN's offense and everyone basically ignored him.

The Spanos probably looking for the next BB, Harbaugh, Payton, McCarthy, but SD isn't those cities. Unless we move to LA, SD will be always a vacation city, with a relaxing atmosphere. The city culture is a relaxing kind of culture. In order to "counter" that and compensate for that a bit, we really need an older, strong personality leader and a tough disciplinarian. There are no coincidence that Boss Ross and Marty are 2 of the most successful head coaches in team history, even though they have some other flaws.

We need to change the team culture. It always start with the head coach. Sometime you want to go for 4th down, 2 points conversation, not because you think it give you more chance to win that play, but for the team morale sake, and the overall team culture.

"Riverboat" Rivera went for it on every 4th and short situation 2 years ago in CAR. He failed a lot and costed them some games. But guess what? It develop their team culture and turn them into a tough ass team. A team that find ways to win and won't fold under pressure.

In 2003, Belichick started the trend of go for 4th down every time around midfield, before that teams always punt at midfield. They missed the playoff that year after went 9-7, but it developed them from a "good and lucky" underdog that known for upsetting flashy teams, to a powerhouse, a dynasty.

I hope McCoy get that and change his style quickly or he'll be long gone next year.
                      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• vinabolt
                        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                        • Feb 2015
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        That's my impression as well. He's turned down interviews for HC recently.
                        BB is healthy and won't retire anytime soon. I don't think any coach would ever turn down a head coach opportunities, except for OAK and CLE. Rumors is that McDaniel really interested in the MIA job last year but couldn't do anything about it. NE has a policy that won't allow division rivals to interview its assistant coach. The policy was installed after the Mangini scandals.
                        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

Working...
                        X