Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame / Game Day Thread / Post Game Rxn (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Fuck all that shit.

Combine. Bowers is a baller.

all the shit where tight ends are drafted. Don’t put much into it. Gronk would’ve been a 1st round draft pick if not for back problems at Arizona.

Bowers is a great player. And I feel about him like I felt about Chase when he jumped out at me and I saw his draft tape. Watched him against Clemson star.

watched Justin Jefferson against Clemson star.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
      Registered Dude
      • Sep 2018
      • Westminster, MA
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

this is how you end up with slow ass Mike Williams with the 7th overall pick
      It's also why Nacua fell to the 5th round.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t know about DL (unless you’re lumping edge rushers in here) taken high part. It’s the other position you mentioned. Outside of a shutdown corner, I think it’s better to trade down to accumulate picks to replenish our team because this team won’t be able to do anything in FA.
        By DL i mean pass rushers..... the most impactful pass rusners in NFL are the DT's who can stuff run and generate a pass rush...... like Jones in KC or Donald..... they have more impact than outside rushers because QB's today get rid of the ball so quickly ....

I think Bowers is a generational TE..... but a generational WR, OT, CB or pass rusher might be there too.....when you need all of them which one do you take...

When Winslow joined the Chargers it changed our offense opening up running game and passing game....
        they also had pro bowlers across the OL..... which right now Chargers only have one good to great OL, Slater.....so maybe drafting the best OT is best for Herbert and the team?? Bowers would improve running game and passing game... but so would an OT.....

is there a team with 2 first rounders they can trade us so we can get OT and CB or TE?

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Harbaugh first hand knows Bowers as he was his recruit. Bowers was a Michigan committt out of Napa ca before Georgia swooped in and drafted him.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Very true but he isn't the blocker Bowers is. Not close really.
            To my uneducated eyes there seem to be a great deal of difference between Pitts and Bowers. Pitts plays like a large WR, a finesse player. Bowers on the other hand just exudes power and speed. It's going to be a difficult decision . . . . . . . . . . . he'll most likely be there for us at #5 - if we want him. I could also get behind a trade down scenario - we have lots of holes . . . . . . . . .

It's gonna be a long 4 months or so . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              Harbaugh first hand knows Bowers as he was his recruit. Bowers was a Michigan committt out of Napa ca before Georgia swooped in and drafted him.
              interesting!...... I thought Bowers was a Harbaugh type of player!...lol

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Simmons... I wanted him. Glad we didn't get him.
                DJ lite . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                  Fuck all that shit.

Combine. Bowers is a baller.

all the shit where tight ends are drafted. Don’t put much into it. Gronk would’ve been a 1st round draft pick if not for back problems at Arizona.

Bowers is a great player. And I feel about him like I felt about Chase when he jumped out at me and I saw his draft tape. Watched him against Clemson star.

watched Justin Jefferson against Clemson star.
                  He absolutely is and I'd be happy to draft him 5 overall but I can't help but get greedy and think he'll be there around 10 if we trade down.
                  Darius "4.36" Davis
                  top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

It's also why Nacua fell to the 5th round.
                    ran a faster 40 then Keenan and put up a greater year then Keenan Allen has ever done in his career.

and Keenan had Rivers throwing him the ball most of his career.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

If we also run a 2 TE set next season,..provided we get Harbaugh..... we will need two TEs. Bowers, and if we trade Joey, see if Carolina is interested and trade Joey to them for a 3rd and TE Tommy Tremble. Good blocking TE who is athletic and can catch. Only a 1.56 mil cap hit in last year of his deal.

Or 4th and Tremble. I just think he will have interest from teams and is worth more than some here think.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

By DL i mean pass rushers..... the most impactful pass rusners in NFL are the DT's who can stuff run and generate a pass rush...... like Jones in KC or Donald..... they have more impact than outside rushers because QB's today get rid of the ball so quickly ....

I think Bowers is a generational TE..... but a generational WR, OT, CB or pass rusher might be there too.....when you need all of them which one do you take...

When Winslow joined the Chargers it changed our offense opening up running game and passing game....
                        they also had pro bowlers across the OL..... which right now Chargers only have one good to great OL, Slater.....so maybe drafting the best OT is best for Herbert and the team?? Bowers would improve running game and passing game... but so would an OT.....

is there a team with 2 first rounders they can trade us so we can get OT and CB or TE?
                        i want to watch this team and have some fun on Sundays. Have the Chargers ever had a CB as much fun to watch as Winslow or Gates?

When a stud QB has a stud TE it is a beautiful thing. Look at the difference in Mahomes when Kelce isnt playing.

I dont think you can justify ANY CB in this draft without trading down from 5. We could use a stud DT like Newton also but 5 is too high also.

The value choices at 5 are Nabors, Bowers and the 2 tackles

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

He absolutely is and I'd be happy to draft him 5 overall but I can't help but get greedy and think he'll be there around 10 if we trade down.
                          Bowers won’t be there.

Comment

Working...
                          X