POLL: Who was TT's Worst Dumpster-Dive Special Over the Years?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But players like Morgan Fox, Van Noy and Callahan can be good players for one year that truly are not much more expensive than UDFAs on a year by year basis

As an aside, I do think the new GM/HC need to try to identify and find a bunch of players this year on one year make good contracts to fill out the roster. Might cost some signing bonus ($200-300k) but they need to start building a foundation and UDFAs aren't going to cut it. Granted, might find one or two guys with bigger money but thats only if other changes are made

Jeez - he was such a terrible GM
    I meant they hit on a few UDFA being good players. Yes the FA vets they did bring were generally ok , just not enough of them

Looking forward to the regime change too. Most every yr for the last 11 yrs it seemed like they never did enough then in desperation they make some mega deals.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

I meant they hit on a few UDFA being good players. Yes the FA vets they did bring were generally ok , just not enough of them

Looking forward to the regime change too. Most every yr for the last 11 yrs it seemed like they never did enough then in desperation they make some mega deals.
      Telesco was terrible drafting so he had to go to free agency
      Linsley - good player but injured a bit
      traded for mack
      Austin Johnson
      SJD
      Kendricks
      JCJ
      Everett at TE

on and on - you have to draft well. every year - have a process and keep the process. easier said than done but telesco was terrible at it

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

The Bulaga (& Trai Turner) signing has Telesco's finger prints all over it:
        temporary, stop gap measure signing former Pro Bowler, who is well into his decline but comes at a discount, to mask his draft failures on the Oline.

Telesco preferred shelling out $11 million per year for Bulaga, instead of $22 million per year for Trent Williams.
        Why get a future HOFer, still in his prime, when you can get two discounts for the same price?

TT was called the discount God for a reason.

too bad he didn't offer discounts to their fans for the shit they've been fielding under his tenure....
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

too bad he didn't offer discounts to their fans for the shit they've been fielding under his tenure....
          Not a bad idea there, Fouts...for every TT whiff, season ticket holders get a 5% discount...AND free parking...

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Ontario , Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Telesco was terrible drafting so he had to go to free agency
            Linsley - good player but injured a bit
            traded for mack
            Austin Johnson
            SJD
            Kendricks
            JCJ
            Everett at TE

on and on - you have to draft well. every year - have a process and keep the process. easier said than done but telesco was terrible at it
            I heard in a podcast that apparently Telesco only resigned 4 of all the players he drafted in rnds 2-7.

That is abysmal really. Esp for someone who does so little in FA too.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I heard in a podcast that apparently Telesco only resigned 4 of all the players he drafted in rnds 2-7.

He was in over his head - just had no clue how to build a roster out at all. No clue how to draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

He was a terrible GM. I know we had hope and got behind the draft picks but he was not a good drafter and couldnt manipulate trades worth a shit.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Yep...the smart players hopped off the Boltanic as soon as they could...

Comment

Working...
                  X