Do You Want The Chargers To Tank For Draft Position, or Win The Next Two Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

How about they don't suck and we still lose? Does that work for you?

I am not trying to convince anyone. Fact is we are in better position in the draft if we lose. If we win, nothing and draft position likely worse. You have a hard time understanding facts that's not my problem.
    It's not very likely that will happen, considering the team sucked and lost by one point yesterday.

Your problem is you don't see the other side of it--or you just don't want to because you're too stubborn to admit to it.

I get it. You want to lose for a higher pick because you think it makes this massive difference in putting us in a better position to get a better player or make a trade. Given what history has shown (which I shared with all of those picks dating back to 2013), I don't think tanking results in a better player enough to make my team, with players needing to perform well to show us they have futures, want to lose.

What is so hard for you to understand that I would have rather looked like the New York Giants yesterday, with more better players to work with going forward and the sixth pick in the draft, than what our players showed...with the result being only one selection higher? I doubt you would be upset right now if we beat the Chiefs 27-10 while they were playing for home-field advantage and we had more players on this team to look forward to seeing in upcoming seasons, even if it meant we were picking one or a few spots lower in the draft.
    Last edited by DerwinBosa; 01-08-2024, 03:47 AM.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

It's not very likely that will happen, considering the team sucked and lost by one point yesterday.

Your problem is you don't see the other side of it--or you just don't want to because you're too stubborn to admit to it.

I get it. You want to lose for a higher pick because you think it makes this massive difference in putting us in a better position to get a better player or make a trade. Given what history has shown (which I shared with all of those picks dating back to 2013), I don't think tanking results in a better player enough to make my team, with players needing to perform well to show us they have futures, want to lose.

What is so hard for you to understand that I would have rather looked like the New York Giants yesterday, with more better players to work with going forward and the sixth pick in the draft, than what our players showed...with the result being only one selection higher? I doubt you would be upset right now if we beat the Chiefs 27-10 while they were playing for home-field advantage and we had more players on this team to look forward to seeing in upcoming seasons, even if it meant we were picking one or a few spots lower in the draft.
      Why are you arguing this point still...this is over and we are picking #5...it's not just the first round it's EVERY ROUND and your picking before others...there are always 2-3 players each season who exceed their drafted round capabilities. You get lucky with those. The reason why teams have problems inside the top 10 is because they're a bad team looking for a QB. Not so for us this year...were a bad team with over priced gimps...there are very good players to be had this draft inside the top 10 this year. Let's hope we don't draft another gimp.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
      X