Do You Want The Chargers To Tank For Draft Position, or Win The Next Two Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Actually he repeatedly posted that you can’t really be a fan if you want them to lose - it’s all over the Denver game thread. It’s not just today and this thread, it’s been all week. It’s ok with me, Im not for deleting him or anyone and his poll is a valid question to measure how many are on each side if the debate. the poll is pretty clear he is in the minority, I guess he’s really surprised about that.

His posts in the Denver thread repeatedly say he cannot comprehend how a real fan would prefer they lose to secure better draft position, there is no way that position can even be understood. Now cmon - We all know it is easy to understand, nobody buys it can’t be “understood”. and people explained it at least 20 times while he keeps repeating there is no way a fan can want their team to lose ever.

Thats a position for him to have, i get it and I don’t mind him having it. But he’s been slandering everyone that disagrees for a week here in TPB.

Does a real fan want the team to now do what is best for 2024, or win 2 remaining games. There’s no absolute right here - i have my opinion what is better for the team. Velo has his. its all cool - but he should back off of accusing those that disagree with him
    Must feel good being part of the majority for Once. LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I know I'm in the minority, but that doesn't make me wrong.
      You can't be wrong about an opinion.

But to understand the poll you need to understand what's best for the team at this time. Here's a hint: Winning the next two games isn't it.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

You can't be wrong about an opinion.

But to understand the poll you need to understand what's best for the team at this time. Here's a hint: Winning the next two games isn't it.
        I disagree with that. Winning is always better for the team. It's better for the team than draft position. That is my opinion. Willing your team to lose because you believe they will be better off with improved draft position is short-sighted.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

I disagree with that. Winning is always better for the team. It's better for the team than draft position. That is my opinion. Willing your team to lose because you believe they will be better off with improved draft position is short-sighted.
          How is it better? Makes you feel better? That's OK, but that's not what's in the best interest of the team. And I don't believe anybody is willing the team to lose. It's just that winning
          means nothing. There is nothing at stake. Unless you believe drafting @12 rather than 5 or 6 is better for the team. That's what's at stake.

In fact it's the opposite. The remaining coaches and players on the team will want to win because their jobs maybe on the line. But as fans we want a SB win. That means looking
          towards the future. This year is lost. We won't root for them to lose, but if's fine and actually better if they do. Time to evaluate the younger guys, coaches and who will remain
          a Charger next year.

So root away. As for me I'm looking forward to a new GM, HC and the draft.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

In this case - if the Chargers win out and the Broncos lose out - that might put the Broncos in a better position to get a QB for the future. That would not be ideal for the Chargers. I want them to wallow with guys like STidham (granted Sean Payton and drafting QBs have not been a great match)

I get it - I wish the Chargers were playing for something this week. And again, don't want them to tank on purpose, throw the game, the coaches take the day off. I just think come Sunday Night January 7th , around 730pm ET - if the Chargers are 5-12, that will not be a bad thing. But the Chargers can play the game the right way without tanking: do not play players who are hurt needlessly, get some young players some reps they need in a real game.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

How is it better? Makes you feel better? That's OK, but that's not what's in the best interest of the team. And I don't believe anybody is willing the team to lose. It's just that winning
              means nothing. There is nothing at stake. Unless you believe drafting @12 rather than 5 or 6 is better for the team. That's what's at stake.

In fact it's the opposite. The remaining coaches and players on the team will want to win because their jobs maybe on the line. But as fans we want a SB win. That means looking
              towards the future. This year is lost. We won't root for them to lose, but if's fine and actually better if they do. Time to evaluate the younger guys, coaches and who will remain
              a Charger next year.

The best interest of the team is to win. Period. Winning isn't a conditional thing, based on the situation. Winning is the only thing. I don't understand the point of being a fan if sometimes you are going to root for them to lose. It doesn't make sense to me. And it's short-sighted.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

a Charger next year.

I will say, I feel much better know Telesco and Staley are gone as if the team were 5-10 and those two were still around, for sure I would want them to lose to make sure they are gone. And if the rumors are true about Harbaugh, I would trust the GM/HC more moving forward so that it didn't need to be a top 6 pick. Telesco - even with a top pick like Herbert or Bosa, what was the rest of the drafts like

Herbert, traded up for Murray, Reed, Gilman Kelly and KJ Hill - - Gilman is the second best player

Bosa, Hunter Henry (pretty good), Jatavis Brown (flashed his rookie year) Drew Kaser was punter (meh), Donovan Clark OG (always hurt), Joshua Perry (out of football in two years) and Derek Watt - serviceable
                not the worst draft he had

But it just shows even with a top 6 pick -Telesco still sucked

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In this case - if the Chargers win out and the Broncos lose out - that might put the Broncos in a better position to get a QB for the future. That would not be ideal for the Chargers. I want them to wallow with guys like STidham (granted Sean Payton and drafting QBs have not been a great match)

I get it - I wish the Chargers were playing for something this week. And again, don't want them to tank on purpose, throw the game, the coaches take the day off. I just think come Sunday Night January 7th , around 730pm ET - if the Chargers are 5-12, that will not be a bad thing. But the Chargers can play the game the right way without tanking: do not play players who are hurt needlessly, get some young players some reps they need in a real game.
                  Ifs be damned. The only thing that is important is what is best for the team. And winning is the best thing for the team, no matter the situation. Period.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

If we don't get Harbaugh, I say it's best to lead with the GM hire first and have them pick their HC.
                    Peters has my vote if we go that way.
                    (Subject to change of course.)

This article is from November, reporting that he recently got a promotion so no guarantee Peters would want to leave SF.
                    He will eventually be the GM of a franchise but may be looking for the right owners.
                    Darius "4.36" Davis
                    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

The best thing for the Chargers right now is to play young players.
                      No matter what we lose or win.
                      I would love to see E. Stick to QJ for a 60 yards TD.
                      Spiller to run for 80-90 yards and DD with a punt return for 75 yards.
                      All that with a 24-23 loss to DEN and a 35-34 loss to KC.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        Stack Au Ag Pb
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

It doesn’t matter what I want and even if I wanted to tank if the Chargers started kicking the shit out of Denver I would get excited about that I can’t help it.

This has been a absolutely brutal season full of crap football by this team.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                          It doesn’t matter what I want and even if I wanted to tank if the Chargers started kicking the shit out of Denver I would get excited about that I can’t help it.

This has been a absolutely brutal season full of crap football by this team.
                          This has been a trying season for Chargers fans. I still cringe when I think of John Spanos' admission they thought of firing Staley after the playoff meltdown, but he felt the team was heading in the right direction despite the embarrassing loss. He has no clue what is really going in with this team, in the locker room. How could anybody look at Staley's body of work at that point and think, "yes, I want more of this?" Good post.

Comment

Working...
                          X