Do You Want The Chargers To Tank For Draft Position, or Win The Next Two Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Do You Want The Chargers To Tank For Draft Position, or Win The Next Two Games?

I'm dismayed at the number of members here who believe it's in the Chargers best interest to lose their final two games because beating the Broncos and Chiefs is less important than draft position. I always want the Chargers to win. I will be rooting for them to beat the Broncos and Chiefs. Draft position is less important. I want to put this question to the forum at large to see where the majority of fans stand on this issue.
    I hope Chargers lose to the Broncos and Chiefs because it's better for draft position.
    80.65%
    I want the Chargers to beat the Broncos and Chiefs, winning is more important than draft position.
    19.35%
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

I'm in the winning by losing camp. I don't want them to quit but I also don't care if the opposition wins. The chiefs will be pulling out all stops against us unless they win this weekend and clinch the division.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I understand the better draft pick argument, but will always root for the Chargers to win, no matter what the circumstance. Since the season is already "over" for us, the games are stress/cursing free and if we lose we will get a consolation prize of a better pick. But beating the Broncos and Chiefs would be enjoyable to watch.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        I'm in the winning by losing camp. I don't want them to quit but I also don't care if the opposition wins. The chiefs will be pulling out all stops against us unless they win this weekend and clinch the division.
        If the Chargers can knock the Chiefs down in the playoff seeding by beating them in Week 18, but also stand to drop one or two one or two slots down in the draft order, are you going to root for the Chiefs are the Chargers to win?

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          I understand the better draft pick argument, but will always root for the Chargers to win, no matter what the circumstance. Since the season is already "over" for us, the games are stress/cursing free and if we lose we will get a consolation prize of a better pick. But beating the Broncos and Chiefs would be enjoyable to watch.
          This is precisely my position. Thank you.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Meaningless victories against scrub opposition. Denver needs a QB so they are in tank mode. Kansas could clinch the division this weekend so they might be in 2nd tier mode against us. Losing at least 1 game ensures a top ten pick. Winning both puts us in the stupid category for dropping massive spots in each round.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Remember….its 7 better picks.. every round is improved, not just the first. Lose out!!

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Remember….its 7 better picks.. every round is improved, not just the first. Lose out!!
                We need to pull out our "Suck for Luck!" tee-shirts. Tell stick to just fling the rock around and and tote that rock thru heavy traffic for fumbles.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

At 7-10, could be a 14th or 15th pick.
                  Win only one, please.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

I've been rooting for them to lose & I'll root for them to lose this week vs Denver. But if the chiefs lose this week against Cincy and the 'Fade beat the colts that means a chiefs loss vs us next week and a 'Fade win gives the division to the 'Fade and knocks KC out, so if it comes down to that I'll root like hell for us to beat KC.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

As long as we lose 1 of the next two games I'm good with that. If we lose 2 of 2 I'm even happier...Folks we are changing over a ton of players in the off season. Winning means absolutely nothing with a new coach and 20 new players. New sheet of paper next season.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

winning means nothing now except to drop your draft position. play hard, yes. Win...no.

Comment

Working...
                        X