Bills at Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 16)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Bills at Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 16)

The consensus is Chargers +12.5.

Reasons to watch this game for Chargers fans is to see if Stick can improve upon his short week performance against the Raiders and if he can get QJ involved.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    The consensus is Chargers +12.5.

Reasons to watch this game for Chargers fans is to see if Stick can improve upon his short week performance against the Raiders and if he can get QJ involved.
    Reason #1 to watch - you are fan of the team no matter how fucked up things are. With no Herbert my expectations are so low that I will be able to watch a stress free/curse free game.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Reason #1 to watch - you are fan of the team no matter how fucked up things are. With no Herbert my expectations are so low that I will be able to watch a stress free/curse free game.
      I just hope they are smart enough as an organization to get young players the playing time

Stick of course
      Spiller - he needs 12-15 carries
      QJ - get himn the ball, end arounds, flat screens, crossers
      JT Woods -
      the two DLine, Matlock and Ogob
      Hanley at LB
      maybe see if McFadden can get some play

That is the real goal of these games

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just hope they are smart enough as an organization to get young players the playing time

Stick of course
        Spiller - he needs 12-15 carries
        QJ - get himn the ball, end arounds, flat screens, crossers
        JT Woods -
        the two DLine, Matlock and Ogob
        Hanley at LB
        maybe see if McFadden can get some play

That is the real goal of these games
        I agree, this unfortunate situation the Chargers find themselves in is an opportunity to give some of these draft picks that have most sat on the bench playing time to see what they have, or don't have. Though, in the case of Spiller, if the OL isn't going to put out much effort (nobody wants to get injured in a meaningless game), it may be tough for Spiller.

What happened to Henley anyway? How did he get in Staley's dog house? There was so much hype about him before the season, but he kind of disappeared. Was it because he couldn't execute Staley's complicated schemes?

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

I agree, this unfortunate situation the Chargers find themselves in is an opportunity to give some of these draft picks that have most sat on the bench playing time to see what they have, or don't have. Though, in the case of Spiller, if the OL isn't going to put out much effort (nobody wants to get injured in a meaningless game), it may be tough for Spiller.

What happened to Henley anyway? How did he get in Staley's dog house? There was so much hype about him before the season, but he kind of disappeared. Was it because he couldn't execute Staley's complicated schemes?
          My God...another reason Staley should be gone. The more I hear the less I like Staley as a head coach. Dude just needs to go back being a coordinator for 5 years before getting another chance at head coaching. Real Immaturity in handling player issues.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

NBC has their lead crew for this game (Tirico/Collinsworth). NOT A FAN. Since its a streaming game, there probably will be significant lag in comments to what was just on the field. I too have no expectations on the gam, but will keep an open mind. I didn't rewatch the last game, but from what I saw, it probably was worse than seeing it in person.

Go Bolts.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              JH3 and Me
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Is this game broadcasting anywhere besides Peacock+ network? Thats like the only one I don’t have lol …
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

My God...another reason Staley should be gone. The more I hear the less I like Staley as a head coach. Dude just needs to go back being a coordinator for 5 years before getting another chance at head coaching. Real Immaturity in handling player issues.
                I doubt Staley will get a coordinator's job in the NFL, not immediately anyway. He coordinated the Chargers' defense for most of three seasons and it always sucked. If he wants to stay in the NFL, he will have to take a position coach job is my guess. I don't think he will ever be offered a head coaching job again.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I doubt Staley will get a coordinator's job in the NFL, not immediately anyway. He coordinated the Chargers' defense for most of three seasons and it always sucked. If he wants to stay in the NFL, he will have to take a position coach job is my guess. I don't think he will ever be offered a head coaching job again.
                  Agree. His brand has soured, newer hotter coordinators are found every year across the land if that’s the flavor and nothing about his HC era boosts him. Too much public / punditry mockery and scorn of his performance.

D3 somewhere … small.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

We don't have a crystal ball here. There are 31 other teams in the NFL and coaches retire or move up to be head coaches elsewhere. Too many moving parts for Staley and he couldn't figure out or manage an entire team. This was clearly visible. Some other head coach will take him in with proper reins attached to his situation.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree. His brand has soured, newer hotter coordinators are found every year across the land if that’s the flavor and nothing about his HC era boosts him. Too much public / punditry mockery and scorn of his performance.

D3 somewhere … small.
                      Staley's ceiling is as a position coach. Some guys just aren't wired to lead. Unfortunately, we are the ones that wasted 3 years with him, though two was enough to see he was in over his head and honestly there were a lot of doubts after one year.

I find it kind of amazing that not any of how petty and unprofessional he was leaked before he was fired. He got ripped for being petulant to the press but none of the skeletons came out of the closet.

I do hope they play the young guys tonight to see what we have. Ansley did hint there would be personnel tweaks today.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        Is this game broadcasting anywhere besides Peacock+ network? Thats like the only one I don’t have lol …
                        Over-the-air on the NBC O&O or affilliate in Los Angeles and Buffalo. I did see that in Canada, the games are on TSN1. They might be elsewhere too, in UK (Probably SkySports) and Germany. Mexico might have an over-the-air broadcaster too.

Comment

Working...
                        X