• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

IMHO, Barksdale has been pretty good for us, except for the past 2 games. Admittedly, he has been absolutely horrid in those 2 games, but I'm thinking that given the significant dropoff, he could still be feeling some of the effects of his recent concussion. Just saying---I can't believe he's gone downhill this fast without some other issues affecting him.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Barksdale is a good backup OT.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
        Last week Joe Barksdale came onto the Chargers subreddit and got all aggressive on fans who posted on his social media about a "couple bad plays." If you remember he had a bad stretch vs the Falcons.

Two weeks ago he did the same damn thing.

Now he deleted his twitter and instagram because he knows he fucked up and can't take it back.

This man sucks as a football player and we gave him a $22 million deal.
        Not surprising. Hes what we would term "Other Focused" in a therapeutic setting. Ive always felt that guys who are constantly joking around....especially at the work place...are hiding something. Or using it to cover up inadequacies. When i played football there were always kids that were joking around. Never focused. And trying to keep other players from staying focused on a drill or during film watching etc. Just constantly acting out like a clown and becoming a distraction. Those players always sucked. They were always in trouble with the coaches. And never worked on their game.

Im not saying Barksdale is all of those things. But with his constant joking around and his odd behavior...i cant help but think he lacks focus. And his lack of IQ despite being a pretty athletic big man suggests to me that he dosnt learn from his mistakes and could potentially not be a film guy. Probably tunes it out when they are watching film. He looks like a guy that has a lot of tools that he uses to keep him from being a true student of the game. He was literally signed at the last minute and nobody wanted him. I would not be surprised of there was a reason for that other than football ability. Because he wasnt that bad with the Rams. I was shocked nobody wanted him.

I want Football Valedictorians. Not Football class clowns. Humble players who dont go out of their way for attention. Players who are not good.....who constantly look for attention....scream "Red Flag" to me.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Ghelkin has pictures on his Twitter feed of the 2 penalties for lining up off the line (too big to post) - no way those should have been called.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

^^ I did find it strange that CBS did not show a replay of either of those penalties. I did not notice either of them live and I watch a lot of the lines during the game. I did see Miller line up across the ball a few times.
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

So Barksdale has the dubious distinction of leading the league in false starts AND in sacks allowed.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                So Barksdale has the dubious distinction of leading the league in false starts AND in sacks allowed.
                And photobombs.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

An olinemen who loves to hear his name...
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Now he's a complete clown. On and off the field. Well done Joe. Your hard work and dedication shows. You should enjoy yourself more. You deserve it. No need to take your job so serious. Please dont stop interview bombing. I love seeing stud OT's always having so much fun.

Comment

• HoneDogNoglet
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

doesn't he have a concert tomorrow night? i wonder how many numbers he will have to restart

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

How bad are the backup OTs that Barksdale still starts?
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                          How bad are the backup OTs that Barksdale still starts?
                          A very good question.

Comment

Working...
                          X