Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Sorensen is looking a lttle pale...
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Grinners
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      Annnnnndddd the persecution post. Good. Another full cycle.

Den, I'm going to state this as plainly and genuinely as I can. I don't mean this as a personal slam. I mean it to accurately represent my take and what I perceive that to be of other posters.

No one has a problem with criticisms. People do have a problem with no-room-for-disagreement pronouncements that begin as soon as the new guys are hired and continue on before the first minicamp session clear through training camp. The Texans game hasn't even been played and people are really, really tired of this schtick.

It's not about criticism. It's about negativism. And certitude. And that dead horse has been beaten to a bloody pulp. Remember how people felt about Mass General Bolt's Monday morning rants? Now, imagine those multiple times daily. That's you.

I don't begrudge you having or stating opinions. In fact, I encourage it. But there's a way to do it that isn't nearly so bitter and angry. One that's a little more engaging with others on the board. As several posters have pointed out, it appears that you have already made up your mind on everything. With all due respect, not one person on this board knows enough about football or the NFL to justify that degree of certitude. And no matter my opinion or your opinion and the degree to which we believe in them, there are other ways to skin a cat. It's why they play the games.
      Yeah that kinda sums it up, but you could have avoided all this typing by using just one word. Jus saying.

Comment

• Grinners
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I would imagine that Royal makes the team. He kicked our asses a few years back with those quick outs (you remember the ones that Norv promised to bring back but never really did) when he was with (wasnt it Denver?). He was good for 5-6 catches and at least 75 yards every time we played them. He can also play ST in the return game.

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

Back to football: What is the rule on the injury stashing? You would think there has to be some sort of checks and balances in place with the league to prevent teams doing this. Otherwise, you might as well just increase the PS to 10+ players.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            You don't think he knew that?
            Not at WR!
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• SFW
              PB Official Game Thread Starter
              • Jul 2013
              • NY
              • USMC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Zot View Post
              Yea...that was me. The constant negativity is a blight. You are perpetually looking for ways to rip my beloved team and I for one view it as an affront. I have decided that this negativity is a form of trolling...a way to get attention. That is the extent of my logic. I have no idea who you are and frankly, never want to meet you.

I think what I'm saying is my opinion is based on the constant negativity, not the criticism of the HC of GM.
              Amen.
              1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
              2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
              3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
              4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
              5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
              6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
              7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                At this point it's Meachem, Goodman or another teams roster cut.

Not pretty for a position that was the deepest goin into training camp
                Much as everybody wants Meacham gone it just isn't going to happen. I would be glad to be wrong about this, but I say there is a 90% chance he is on the roster

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                  Much as everybody wants Meacham gone it just isn't going to happen. I would be glad to be wrong about this, but I say there is a 90% chance he is on the roster
                  Why? Because of his salary? We've been through all of that. I say they do the right thing, bite the bullet, and cut his sorry butt. He'll be crying all the way to the bank. Meachump's done. Stick a fork in him.

Comment

• Yubaking
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    Chargers release Deon Butler, nine other players

Posted by Mike Wilkening on August 25, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT

The Chargers announced the release of 10 players on Sunday night, including ex-Seahawks wide receiver Deon Butler.

The club now has 80 players on the roster. It must cut at least five more players by Tuesday, per NFL rules.

The other players released were running back Edwin Baker, center Colin Baxter, cornerback Greg Brown, safety Tony Burnett, guard Brandyn Dombrowski, quarterback Nathan Enderle, punter Richard Kent, defensive lineman Jamarcus McFarland and tight end Dallas Walker.

Butler, 27, had played the previous four seasons with Seattle, catching 57 passes for 611 yards and four touchdowns from 2009 through 2012
                    It surprises me that Baker and Baxter were such early cuts, especially with the roster not being particularly deep. In looking at the roster, we are still deep in "no name" players--Becton, Beltre, C. Brown, Cotton, M. Cromartie, Dillard, Gatson, Harrell, J. Harris, J. Johnson, Middleton, Molls and Moore. And there even more players that are far from household names.

It is disturbing that Starks is apparently struggling to beat out Harris, who, by all accounts, was awful last year for us. That tells me that we need to add another OT in case Dunlap or Fluker gets injured.

The same is true at DE with Scafe now evidently injured. I am not sure I am even sold on him as a reserve, but what it obvious is that Wynn should not make the team because he has been blown off the line by reserves when he has played.

I realize that there are adverse salary cap consequences to cutting Meachem, but count me in with the group that wants him cut anyway.

For the first time in years, I can honestly say that I have no idea who the final 53 are going to be. I have about 39 that I think are locks for a roster spot, which leaves fully 25% of the roster up in the air.

Comment

• SFW
                      PB Official Game Thread Starter
                      • Jul 2013
                      • NY
                      • USMC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                      It surprises me that Baker and Baxter were such early cuts, especially with the roster not being particularly deep. In looking at the roster, we are still deep in "no name" players--Becton, Beltre, C. Brown, Cotton, M. Cromartie, Dillard, Gatson, Harrell, J. Harris, J. Johnson, Middleton, Molls and Moore. And there even more players that are far from household names.

It is disturbing that Starks is apparently struggling to beat out Harris, who, by all accounts, was awful last year for us. That tells me that we need to add another OT in case Dunlap or Fluker gets injured.

The same is true at DE with Scafe now evidently injured. I am not sure I am even sold on him as a reserve, but what it obvious is that Wynn should not make the team because he has been blown off the line by reserves when he has played.

I realize that there are adverse salary cap consequences to cutting Meachem, but count me in with the group that wants him cut anyway.

For the first time in years, I can honestly say that I have no idea who the final 53 are going to be. I have about 39 that I think are locks for a roster spot, which leaves fully 25% of the roster up in the air.
                      I agree on releasing Meachem. And at this point with rosters at 75 every team is loaded with "no-name" players. I do expect the Chargers to keep close tabs on the cut lists as they happen and pick up a few more players (CB, OL, DL). New England, New York and New Orleans picked up players that were cut yesterday by other teams.

I suspect Baxter and and Baker were cut so early to give them a better chance to latch on with another team.
                      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Yubaking
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
                        I agree on releasing Meachem. And at this point with rosters at 75 every team is loaded with "no-name" players. I do expect the Chargers to keep close tabs on the cut lists as they happen and pick up a few more players (CB, OL, DL). New England, New York and New Orleans picked up players that were cut yesterday by other teams.

I suspect Baxter and and Baker were cut so early to give them a better chance to latch on with another team.
                        You are probably right about Baxter and Baker.

This year is different for our team. In past years, we had a pretty good idea who almost all of the 53 were going to be by this time. We could get within three players or less of knowing the final 53 and missing three players would kind of seem like a bad result. This year, if I were to speculate about the final 53, I would give myself a gold star if I could correctly guess 50 of the 53 players. Like I said, I only have 39 locks. The situation seems completely different.

Comment

• CTrout
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Meachem should of been the one put on IR, doesn't save us any $$ but atleast his roster spot could of been taken by someone worthwhile. Im sure he's not going to be active most weeks, so it shouldn't make a difference to him.

Comment

Working...
                          X