Chargers at Packers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe JC was a turd and he irritated the players so that's why he did that. Apologizing for the team moral and making it better? Idk.
    I've had some wild guesses and they often turn out to be correct because I think of the best reason I can come up with even if it is the seem odd. The number 1 reason is because Johnny told him to do it because Telesco was overriding Staley in regard to playing Jackson. And Johnny sided with Staley.

It was reported that Telesco apologized for continuing to give Jackson opportunities, despite Jackson routinely showing that he wasn't as committed as the rest of the team while being one of the Chargers' highest paid players.

Telesco have him opportunities. Not the HC. This is similar to what happen under McCoy who was forced to start a high paid OL he wanted to bench under Telesco. But no trade or apology back then.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

he has an immature child as a head coach. so he apologizes because staley won't
      Well the report was that Telesco kept giving him chances.
      This is exactly like what McCoy said about something that happen with him. The front office forced him to play their high prices free agent even though he wanted to bench him.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
        Let's do this!
        • Aug 2022
        • Raleigh N. Carolina
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

A solid, experienced HC with a decent track record won't solve ALL our issues...but he will solve quite A FEW of them...
        In oder of what's dragging us down:

Scheme
        Talent
        In game adjustments

Comment

• Go Chargers go
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2023
          • Send PM

They need to rename Green Bay WR to Wide open

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            Why can't everyone be right...?

Critty is right... players are not playing up to expectation. The CB's are terrible. Signing JCJ was a mistake. The OL is awful. Trey Pipkins is not an NFL starter. QJ was a suspect player in college. There were better players ahead of him (including several WR's and CB's). The players have made a lot of dumb plays/decisions (including Herbert even). The only players playing to their abilities consistently are Keenan and Tuli. And these are things that are NOT the coach's fault. Dropped passes are not the coach's fault. Getting beat in coverage is not the coach's fault. Being lined up correctly is the green dot's responsibility. Injuries and lack of depth is not the coach's fault. Inability to read blitzes and stunts is a player's responsibility.

Other's are also right, though. Playing soft zone a majority of the time (especially on 3rd down) or failing to account for Kelce in the game plan... that is the coach's fault. Their inability to incorporate DD into the offense is the coach's fault. Leaving Trey Pipkins by himself vs top edge rushers is the coach's fault. Ineffective run blocking schemes... matching OLB's on WR's and RB's... safeties 20 yards from the LOS... there are plenty of things that are the coach's fault.

I'm ready for change... but have no grand expectations that ownership will get it right. I'll puke if BB is brought in. He might be the most over-rated HC ever. He's done nothing since TB left. Sean Payton is in the same boat without Drew Brees. I see that the Lincoln Riley boat sank several weeks ago. The Jim Hargborough ship still sails... until it sinks itself (again and again). Go find a coach that is relatively unknown and cheap. Then hope he understands that the NFL is about passing and defending the pass. Pray to Gawd that he can save your franchise QB with a decent OL. Oh, and invest properly (draft) in a secondary.
            BB isnt overrated...both him and Harbaugh bring an accountability in players, and fundamental football culture this team has lacked since Marty...BB just finally got stuck with a really bad QB, while having to pay the tab on years of drafting late...not saying Im a BB/Harbaugh fanatic, but I would welcome either, why not?

Agree with everything else...especially about building a team around the passing game on both sides of the ball.

Bottom line, I have seen enough.

Regardless of who comes available, the best possible combo would be an offensive/QB friendly coach, who brings a defensive guru to take the defense in hand.

As far as players, emphasis on offense. We rise or fall with Herbert...our defense has sucked, but our offense still should have put 3 or 4 of those games away. Dominate offense, capable if average D...works for the Chiefs...hate em all you want, but it works...and by god, its fun. Not much fun watching this team trying to stubbornly run the ball with a weak RB room, while the best arm in the league is used to hand a ball off way to often, when it should be putting a game away.
            Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

As for last nights game...one of the worst collections of drops, slips, fumbles, and basic fuckery I have ever seen. Pardon my language, but I couldnt find a more appropriate word...

Hell, even if a lot of this really isnt on Staley...injuries, player mistakes...in the end, this team is cooked, and sometimes you just gotta ball up the paper, throw it in the can, and start anew.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                Why can't everyone be right...?

Critty is right... players are not playing up to expectation. The CB's are terrible. Signing JCJ was a mistake. The OL is awful. Trey Pipkins is not an NFL starter. QJ was a suspect player in college. There were better players ahead of him (including several WR's and CB's). The players have made a lot of dumb plays/decisions (including Herbert even). The only players playing to their abilities consistently are Keenan and Tuli. And these are things that are NOT the coach's fault. Dropped passes are not the coach's fault. Getting beat in coverage is not the coach's fault. Being lined up correctly is the green dot's responsibility. Injuries and lack of depth is not the coach's fault. Inability to read blitzes and stunts is a player's responsibility.

Other's are also right, though. Playing soft zone a majority of the time (especially on 3rd down) or failing to account for Kelce in the game plan... that is the coach's fault. Their inability to incorporate DD into the offense is the coach's fault. Leaving Trey Pipkins by himself vs top edge rushers is the coach's fault. Ineffective run blocking schemes... matching OLB's on WR's and RB's... safeties 20 yards from the LOS... there are plenty of things that are the coach's fault.

I'm ready for change... but have no grand expectations that ownership will get it right. I'll puke if BB is brought in. He might be the most over-rated HC ever. He's done nothing since TB left. Sean Payton is in the same boat without Drew Brees. I see that the Lincoln Riley boat sank several weeks ago. The Jim Hargborough ship still sails... until it sinks itself (again and again). Go find a coach that is relatively unknown and cheap. Then hope he understands that the NFL is about passing and defending the pass. Pray to Gawd that he can save your franchise QB with a decent OL. Oh, and invest properly (draft) in a secondary.
                Because this model has worked so well under the Spanii - hiring an unknown and cheap coach

Sean Payton is back to .500 with the Broncos and trending upward - maybe he has a clue about coaching
                Harbaugh has a clue too

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

BB isnt overrated...both him and Harbaugh bring an accountability in players, and fundamental football culture this team has lacked since Marty...BB just finally got stuck with a really bad QB, while having to pay the tab on years of drafting late...not saying Im a BB/Harbaugh fanatic, but I would welcome either, why not?

Agree with everything else...especially about building a team around the passing game on both sides of the ball.

Bottom line, I have seen enough.

Regardless of who comes available, the best possible combo would be an offensive/QB friendly coach, who brings a defensive guru to take the defense in hand.

As far as players, emphasis on offense. We rise or fall with Herbert...our defense has sucked, but our offense still should have put 3 or 4 of those games away. Dominate offense, capable if average D...works for the Chiefs...hate em all you want, but it works...and by god, its fun. Not much fun watching this team trying to stubbornly run the ball with a weak RB room, while the best arm in the league is used to hand a ball off way to often, when it should be putting a game away.
                  It would be such a beautiful thing if Harbaugh was hired! The first thing he would do is address the running game, and he would get us a running game similar to the lions! Herbert would be incredible with Harbaugh's running attack! He'd address the Dline, linebackers oline & DB's! All the areas that have been mismanaged by TT & Staley! We would be an option for all the top free agents for the next 5 years Etc. Etc Etc...

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2021
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

It would be such a beautiful thing if Harbaugh was hired! The first thing he would do is address the running game, and he would get us a running game similar to the lions! Herbert would be incredible with Harbaugh's running attack! He'd address the Dline, linebackers oline & DB's! All the areas that have been mismanaged by TT & Staley! We would be an option for all the top free agents for the next 5 years Etc. Etc Etc...
                    I agree. Look at the Bengals. Paul Brown was and maybe still is a cheap owner but they finally turned things around. I cling to a sliver of hope it will happen also happen to the Chargers in my lifetime but time is running out as I'm not getting any younger.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Two consistent things in the Telesco era:

1) no running game - -in 11 years, average position in the NFL is 23.5.

2) average defenses that are more bend but don't break and not physical

I want a defense that is going to stop people on 3rd down, stop the run, be physical

Harbaugh - my top choice
                      I am good with Dan Quinn too and he can bring somebody from the Cowboys front office with him perhaps ?
                      Hoodie - just because I think with Herbert he would be rejuvenated

Comment

• Icebolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2023
                        • Send PM

QJ. Is it official, after "the drop", that he is a 1st round bust?
                        Addison and Flowers are so much better than him. If TT made the pick, he needs to go. If Spani made the pick can we force them to sell?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Send PM

Far from a bust...just disappointing start...now if the dropsies follow him into next season...

Comment

Working...
                          X