Chargers at Packers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Today the offense was missing WR2 WR3 and TE1

Tell me before Bosa went out who the defense is missing and giving up 900 yards in 2 weeks
    The top paid lockdown cornerback that fail. I suspect that a successful top lockdown corner would impact yards the unit allows. So that's a huge missing piece.

Tell me besides Mack, what great defender has Telesco actually added to the team over past 3 years.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      With regards to the game, Herbert had one of his best performances that didn’t reflect in the stat sheet. Could have had at least 4 TDs if not for drops. It is unfortunate.
      7 drops
      4 on 3rd down
      3 for touchdowns

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Guyton's injuries are making him less useful towards seasons end. Only thing is, the Chargers may have no choice but to keep him next season with the veteran WR stable being depleted, and TT having already pulled the trigger at WR with QJ.

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          With regards to the game, Herbert had one of his best performances that didn’t reflect in the stat sheet. Could have had at least 4 TDs if not for drops. It is unfortunate.
          Ya, Herbert wasn't an issue today. So many offensive players failed him today.

QJ is a big disappointment. I'm over Ek and his fumble problem at crucial moments too.

Comment

• BigBad
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

The top paid lockdown cornerback that fail. I suspect that a successful top lockdown corner would impact yards the unit allows. So that's a huge missing piece.

Tell me besides Mack, what great defender has Telesco actually added to the team over past 3 years.
            I think the roster is bad but Staley is not doing enough with what is there. He is a bad coach.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

QJ is a big disappointment. I'm over Ek and his fumble problem at crucial moments too.
              One thing the Chargers did do right is not signing Ekler to the extension and money he wanted. He is in decline and approaching 30. Time for a new lead RB who can run between the tackles

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Herbert played very well today. Lead the team in rushing in addition to his passing. Keenan had 2 uncharacteristic drops that were the difference between fgs and TDs. That’s 8 points right there. Parham had a bad drop but rebounded well. QJ was just terrible and I would bench him. Something is wrong with Ekeler mentally

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

So based on this after a must win game how could anyone actually want Moore as the next HC?!
                  I think it's a symptom of a roster issue. And it makes no sense to hit the reset button. They got it right on special teams..they seemed to be headed in correct direction with offense in spite of today's performance. The defense needs a lockdown corner. But Staley seat is getting hot. He hasn't pressed the right buttons to get more out of defense. But reset a program is a big unknown.

If they do reset. Moore is a good choice and they better keep the special teams intact. Then add a defense guy and see if he can get things done. But again, this team needs a true #1 CB and it doesn't have one at all.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• BigBad
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

I think it's a symptom of a roster issue
                    Do you think Staley had ZERO input on the roster? He wanted Mack, Jackson, QJ, etc.

Telesco is a Spanos yes-man and conduit for Spanos' and head coach.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Send PM

I'd put Ficken at interim HC. He's the only effective coach on this team.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

I think it's a symptom of a roster issue. And it makes no sense to hit the reset button. They got it right on special teams..they seemed to be headed in correct direction with offense in spite of today's performance. The defense needs a lockdown corner. But Staley seat is getting hot. He hasn't pressed the right buttons to get more out of defense. But reset a program is a big unknown.

If they do reset. Moore is a good choice and they better keep the special teams intact. Then add a defense guy and see if he can get things done. But again, this team needs a true #1 CB and it doesn't have one at all.
                        How many teams actually have a true #1 CB?! The Chiefs don't and they're doing just fine! The jets do & how's that helping them? Our culture and HC & GM is the main problem!

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

One thing the Chargers did do right is not signing Ekler to the extension and money he wanted. He is in decline and approaching 30. Time for a new lead RB who can run between the tackles
                          Agreed. It's time for a new lead RB

Comment

Working...
                          X