Chargers at Packers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Anyone hear about the injuries in this game?
    Bosa sounds like a season ender 😞

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      Drops were kill
      The defense was terrible today

But on offense, the drops - from the first drive on - were terrible. I think KA had one early; I know Parham had one on the 4th down; QJ had one on each of the last two drives; Allen lost a couple near the end zone (one might have been the sun)

So you combine terrible defense with an offense that kept shooting itself in the foot - hence, a loss on the field.

I just looked, Herbert had 75 yards rushing - in addition to probably losing who knows how many more on dropped passes

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

They've generally beaten bad teams this year playing mistake free ball: Raiders, Vikings, Jets.

You can't always expect that .... today, they were the one's making mistakes.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The defense was terrible today

But on offense, the drops - from the first drive on - were terrible. I think KA had one early; I know Parham had one on the 4th down; QJ had one on each of the last two drives; Allen lost a couple near the end zone (one might have been the sun)

So you combine terrible defense with an offense that kept shooting itself in the foot - hence, a loss on the field.

I just looked, Herbert had 75 yards rushing - in addition to probably losing who knows how many more on dropped passes
          It felt like Herbert was trying to win this game on his own.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

There were plays out there today where Davis was covering the WR......and if that was a Jalen Ramsey or a Sauce Gardner, then they would have been intercepted and broke up. But with Davis it was only broke up. Or it was complete. And he tackles the guy. We simply do not have the lockdown corner the defense needs. And that is any defense or scheme or coach. The moment you get a lockdown corner. It impacts the entire team. I was watching a sports show a former NFL WR said that a single player like a top Left Tackle of 49ers back out on the field can change everything for that offense. He was very strong in that opinion. That one player can impact the entire an unit. And I have always felt that way. So it resonated when former NFL players talk about it. It more obvious with QB like Brady and Manning change teams and win another SB. But get a top lockdown Sauce Gardner type CB the entire unit is a better unit.

The whiff is Telesco drafted QJ instead of Porter Jr-CB.

The issue has always been the front office. And always will be. Most Charger HC have been unfairly scapegoated.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

It felt like Herbert was trying to win this game on his own.
              Did he have a choice?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Bosa sounds like a season ender 😞
                Hardly matters at this point . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Apart of normal bullshit

Execution,
                  mindset,
                  cant missed tackles
                  Cant fail on 3 and 20
                  rythm in secondary
                  Penalties

Post game got interested when they started to talk about Fundamentals - maybe message is not passed ?

I am telling players every week about fundamentals message is there they do not execute on the field.

I have full confidemce in me as playcaller, in the way hiw we teach and we scheme.

I will be calling defence you can stop asking this question we are clear here

It was not defence today we did not play enough in RZ and offence.

Stop making this about one unit as it is not what happened there.

Brandon lost it today he throw everyone under the bus apart of himself even when he said he take full responsibility.

We need expensive private facility for him, doors without knobs and shirts with one sleve etc.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Did he have a choice?
                    Deja Vu of the 2015 game with Rivers.

Comment

• BigBad
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

The issue has always been the front office. And always will be. Most Charger HC have been unfairly scapegoated.
                      National media constantly talking about how TALENTED the Chargers are is an issue.

Also Staley talking about execution is calling out players.But I'd argue there is enough ok players to win more games.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

National media constantly talking about how TALENTED the Chargers are is an issue.

Also Staley talking about execution is calling out players.But I'd argue there is enough ok players to win more games.
                        It’s actually not a problem, it’s reality. They are just so poorly coached that it clouds everything.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          There were plays out there today where Davis was covering the WR......and if that was a Jalen Ramsey or a Sauce Gardner, then they would have been intercepted and broke up. But with Davis it was only broke up. Or it was complete. And he tackles the guy. We simply do not have the lockdown corner the defense needs. And that is any defense or scheme or coach. The moment you get a lockdown corner. It impacts the entire team. I was watching a sports show a former NFL WR said that a single player like a top Left Tackle of 49ers back out on the field can change everything for that offense. He was very strong in that opinion. That one player can impact the entire an unit. And I have always felt that way. So it resonated when former NFL players talk about it. It more obvious with QB like Brady and Manning change teams and win another SB. But get a top lockdown Sauce Gardner type CB the entire unit is a better unit.

The whiff is Telesco drafted QJ instead of Porter Jr-CB.

As it is, you have to clean house completely so Telesco will be gone as well. There were things that I liked about Tom too especially after the drama of AJ Smith. But being able to get the right personnel is 50% of the job.

Comment

Working...
                          X