• Show
Clear All
  • Kellyb72601
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

The Root Cause Of What's Wrong With This Charger Football Team

This right here:

You build yourself to beat the chiefs and not only does it not work against the chiefs it doesn't work against anybody else. Telesco was in Indy with Polian and made the same mistake there Peyton Manning covered up a terrible team in Indy that got outclassed physically almost every year. The year Manning sat out they went 2-14.

Just a soft finesse team that gets beaten down by the slightest amount of physicality - can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, can't protect the passer, can't run the ball, and injured all the time.

Until we get the stink of Telesco out of this building it's gonna continue.
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Who hired Telesco?

The answer to that, is what's wrong with this football team.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Who hired Telesco?

Exactly.Spanos=root.

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Who hired Telesco?

Ron Wolf

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Exactly.Spanos=root.
          Correct

Spanii are the owners - it starts with them. And having John Boy as VP shows they are unserious about winning

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Well John Boy was around for Butler and AJ so he's seen the difference. I would think John Boy moreso than anyone knows what the problems are. I think they were on the right track with what they envisioned hiring Staley - they wanted a top defensive mind to balance out what they knew they had on offense. The problem is Staley's system was already outdated the day he was hired and he's been unable to adjust and that coupled with Telesco at GM was never going to work because the philosophies are total opposite. Staley would be a much better GM than head coach IMO. He has the right idea for the type of team he wants.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              Well John Boy was around for Butler and AJ so he's seen the difference. I would think John Boy moreso than anyone knows what the problems are. I think they were on the right track with what they envisioned hiring Staley - they wanted a top defensive mind to balance out what they knew they had on offense. The problem is Staley's system was already outdated the day he was hired and he's been unable to adjust and that coupled with Telesco at GM was never going to work because the philosophies are total opposite. Staley would be a much better GM than head coach IMO. He has the right idea for the type of team he wants.
              ^ This is one of the key root causes or the Bolts issues...find a HC who is good at making in-game adjustments, on offense and D, and we'll be at least halfway there...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This is one of the key root causes or the Bolts issues...find a HC who is good at making in-game adjustments, on offense and D, and we'll be at least halfway there...
                Pretty much for the coaching aspect

Add in a Front Office that has a better understanding of roster construction and who knows what might happen

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

not sure where this notion that Staley is some personnel wiz.... he's not.

has completely mishandled Mike D.... let him sit on the pine last season, and this season has used him wholly inapproprately/ineffectively.... Mike D. has shown that he can play.... Staley has done his darnedest to make sure he can't.

and who left Jamaree on the pine, and raised the flag for the both of Storm 'n Pips ??

and JC Jack ??

would def not call Staley an astute talent evaluator, and....

worst of all, he just doesn't connect w/the players.... dude is a facade of a HC.

football savant who belongs as an ancillary element.... very helpful in that regard.... very astute football mind.... very thorough.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                    Social Piranha
                    • May 2022
                    • Flyover, USA
                    • Send PM

The thing that most us fans have a hard time processing - not every owner places winning as their #1 priority. This really should be obvious by now. Yes, winning a Super Bowl can certainly increase your fan base & ultimately bring in more $$. That seems obvious, but the actual cost / benefit of investing more in a team may not actually be as clear as folks think. With the NFL’s revenue sharing model, it seems such an incentive is somewhat compromised. I have no idea what the actual figures look like, nor do I have any idea how being a “tenant” impacts the bottom line. Someone here posited that the Spanos family cleared roughly $78 mil last year. Again, no idea if accurate, but let’s go with it for example’s sake. Very simplistically, if they spent $20 mil per year on a “brand name” coach (vs $4 mil for the current Black Friday special), plus another couple mil more for higher quality support (staff, scouting, trainers, state of the art equipment, etc) - well, I don’t have to do much complicated math to see that it amounts to a significant cut in their take home pay. It is a business, no matter how much we fans want to forget about that fact. So I will repeat - the only recourse we have as fans is to stop giving them our money and attention. It’s really the only way to initiate any sort of meaningful change. And even then, who knows. Covid + playing in a half empty soccer stadium didn’t seem to negatively impact their net worth very much. If that’s the case, well then, time to find another team. Seriously.
                    Last edited by Duck of Death; 11-17-2023, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                      The thing that most us fans have a hard time processing - not every owner places winning as their #1 priority. This really should be obvious by now. Yes, winning a Super Bowl can certainly increase your fan base & ultimately bring in more $$. That seems obvious, but the actual cost / benefit of investing more in a team may not actually be as clear as folks think. With the NFL’s revenue sharing model, it seems such an incentive is somewhat compromised. I have no idea what the actual figures look like, nor do I have any idea how being a “tenant” impacts the bottom line. Someone here posited that the Spanos family cleared roughly $78 mil last year. Again, no idea if accurate, but let’s go with it for example’s sake. Very simplistically, if they spent $20 mil per year on a “brand name” coach (vs $4 mil for the current Black Friday special), plus another couple mil more for higher quality support (staff, scouting, trainers, state of the art equipment, etc) - well, I don’t have to do much complicated math to see that it amounts to a significant cut in their take home pay. It is a business, no matter how much we fans want to forget about that fact. So I will repeat - the only recourse we have as fans is to stop giving them our money and attention. It’s really the only way to initiate any sort of meaningful change. And even then, who knows. Covid + playing in a half empty soccer stadium didn’t seem to negatively impact their net worth very much. If that’s the case, well then, time to find another team. Seriously.
                      This is a great post that some dont seem to wanna come to grips with.We as fans care about winning.The players care about winning(well most of em,hopefully).Owners care about profit first and foremost which is becoming painfully obvious watchin how this SpAnus group operate.This is their final chance to actual go out and get another Marty type winning coach or act like some greedy pussies and go with Another Cheap first timer Again which will probably look like a great hire their first year because Herbert is an Amazing QB and because other teams don't know their scheme yet aaaand then it will turn into shit the next season and continually get worse just ĺike every other season since Shotty.Make or break hire this next coaching hire.Ive been lookin on FB Chargers groups and they All want Harbaugh or Billicheat NOT another cheap newbie and they are ready to jump ship on this team.Its gettin ugly out here which to me is a great sign.Demand better or we walk.Fuck em.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Correct

Spanii are the owners - it starts with them. And having John Boy as VP shows they are unserious about winning
                        I wouldn't care if he was just a figure head with a title, walk around and shake hands. Unfortunately it seems he has actual input, there is where it falls to pieces.

Comment

Working...
                        X