• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
    May 10th would have been Isaac's 19th birthday. That was really tough. Today being Friday the 17th I was crushed at work and could barely function today. I miss my Isaac so much, then I stumbled upon a story from Indiana about a 10 year old boy who was bullied so bad he took his own life. It just crushed me. I had to leave work early and spent most of the morning praying for me/my family and the family of the boy who took his life. I am just completely, emotionally and physically exhausted today. As tired as I am I still cannot go to sleep, it's going to be one of those all too common nights that I am up until I just pass out.

Prayers. Thinking of Peter when Jesus met him on the water. He is with you. The wind and waves will calm.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

May 10th would have been Isaac's 19th birthday. That was really tough. Today being Friday the 17th I was crushed at work and could barely function today. I miss my Isaac so much, then I stumbled upon a story from Indiana about a 10 year old boy who was bullied so bad he took his own life. It just crushed me. I had to leave work early and spent most of the morning praying for me/my family and the family of the boy who took his life. I am just completely, emotionally and physically exhausted today. As tired as I am I still cannot go to sleep, it's going to be one of those all too common nights that I am up until I just pass out.
      I will not pretend that what I experienced was anything comparable to your difficulties.

But my young adult relatives were killed by a negligent big rig driver on my birthday.

It happened out in the middle of the desert--so senseless.

It happened over a decade ago and can still be triggering.

Try to find techniques, such as righteously helping someone particularly in need, or being kind and considerate to strangers.

Prayers Brother.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Sending peace, brother.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

New batch of prayers for your family. sending love …
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I will not pretend that what I experienced was anything comparable to your difficulties.

But my young adult relatives were killed by a negligent big rig driver on my birthday.

Try to find techniques, such as righteously helping someone particularly in need, or being kind and considerate to strangers.

Prayers Brother.
            I am all too familiar with triggers, they come from anywhere at any time. I will keep you in my prayers.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Prayers Brother.
              I know what you're saying about people having different perceived levels of loss but in the end it's all traumatic stuff we need to process or grieve. Loss is something we all have in common. It unites us and that is a good thing IMO.

Your story really hits me hard. The randomness of it is disturbing as well as the age of the victims. And on your birthday. Wow.
              Last edited by Whydachargers?; 05-18-2024, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Craig440
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

I am just seeing this thread for the first time. Reading the OP I found myself with tears running down my face. I scanned thru the whole thread and am sending mojo and putting you into my prayers. I have three grown children and cannot imagine dealing with what you have to deal with. I'm happy Fleet lets you talk to us here and the jersey he sent is special. ( Thank you Fleet.)

Thankfully you have God to help you.

Your friend in Bolt land
                Craig.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
                  I am just seeing this thread for the first time. Reading the OP I found myself with tears running down my face. I scanned thru the whole thread and am sending mojo and putting you into my prayers. I have three grown children and cannot imagine dealing with what you have to deal with. I'm happy Fleet lets you talk to us here and the jersey he sent is special.

Thankfully you have God to help you.

Your friend in Bolt land
                  Craig.
                  That's wonderful to read. I love seeing people show empathy and being kind to each other! Especially during difficult times. It's beautiful. Nothing in life is better than that IMO. So THANK YOU!

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

One of the hard things is I remember Isaac the way I found him, God has helped me and blurred him in my mind but it’s still him. I look at his pictures a lot to try and replace that last image. In the pictures though, I see him and it’s like this was his Jr high graduation and I think, I never got to see him graduate HS. Or another was at Christmas 2022 he just received his full ride scholarship to Sanford University, looking at the picture it makes me think he would only live 2 months more.

This is his Jr. High graduation with me, my wife, my daughter, Tommy and Isaac.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by FoutsFan; 05-19-2024, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

1000000688.jpg
                      Last edited by FoutsFan; 05-19-2024, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

My prayers to you and your family.
                        May the Most High be with you guys🙏

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2023
                          • Send PM

One of the hard things is I remember Isaac the way I found him, God has helped me and blurred him in my mind but it’s still him. I look at his pictures a lot to try and replace that last image. In the pictures though, I see him and it’s like this was his Jr high graduation and I think, I never got to see him graduate HS. Or another was at Christmas 2022 he just received his full ride scholarship to Sanford University, looking at the picture it makes me think he would only live 2 months more.
                          My heart is with you.

Comment

Working...
                          X