Raiders @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    I'm lazy...how does Staley do coming out of a bye? He has extra time to prepare for both the Cowboys and the Chiefs. Time to be a genius. I am a broken record, but when he doesn't try to deploy Derwin all over the field the defense plays better and is much more assignment sound. I really think and hope and wish he would just let Derwin play safety. I bet Derwin would LOVE it.

For the Clapp haters, I saw him moving some people in the run game and even getting multiple blocks at multiple levels. No bad snaps. He did not get Herbert blown up. He is a backup for a reason and he is no Linsley. But he held his own. For some reason, Rivers had the majority of his stinker games against the Raiders and it feels that way with Herbert now, too.

TG
    I think we've had two losses coming out of the bye with Staley.

I've seen opinions that Clapp was not good in this game, but I thought he was good enough. Herbert didn't have a lot of time in the pocket, but I blame that more of an inability to contain Maxx Crosby, a genuine force, on the edges.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      I heard someone report last night that Mack was only double-teamed twice in the entire game. Pure coaching genius by McDaniels.
      They probably watched film, and put their focus on Tuli...either way, works for me...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        Can I just say....how maddening it is to take your $250 million QB and try to have him dive over the pile...not once, but TWICE. Especially after he already took a vicious shot earlier in the game, and the second time after he mangled his hand. I get it, the game is at stake and you're heading into the bye week...but surely there can be a better play call? At least with a QB sneak you're not exposing your QB in mid-air for 11 defenders to take a free shot at him and try to twist him into a pretzel. Not sure whether to be mad or Moore or Staley for that (or both), but it's these kind of decisions that really just leave a bad taste in your mouth.
        Mahomes, Hurts, Allen, and pretty much everyone else does it...cant play scared...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Lol...someone said Matlock was first on the scene after the hit on Herbie...lucky Tillery got out of there with his soul...

Ba-da bump bump....

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I've seen opinions that Clapp was not good in this game, but I thought he was good enough. Herbert didn't have a lot of time in the pocket, but I blame that more of an inability to contain Maxx Crosby, a genuine force, on the edges.
            One of Crosby's sacks came from Sayler not handing off the DT to Pip and staying in his gap.

They'll get better at that: Zion/Salyer not use to playing with Slater/Pip.
            Having a new center will be a set back.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think it’s predictable, almost preordained that folks here call for coach firing after a win. I think that is weird to demand to fire the coach after a victory, yes - that is my point - you got it.

you say their QB is an idiot, … why? You know him personally?
              And cutting starting defensive ends/ inside linebackers/ corner backs .... they come for blood in their blind rage.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Can I just say....how maddening it is to take your $250 million QB and try to have him dive over the pile...not once, but TWICE. Especially after he already took a vicious shot earlier in the game, and the second time after he mangled his hand. I get it, the game is at stake and you're heading into the bye week...but surely there can be a better play call? At least with a QB sneak you're not exposing your QB in mid-air for 11 defenders to take a free shot at him and try to twist him into a pretzel. Not sure whether to be mad or Moore or Staley for that (or both), but it's these kind of decisions that really just leave a bad taste in your mouth.
                I agree. If you’re going to do a QB sneak then put the healthy backup in.

What troubles me with these “analytic” decisions is the “analytics don’t factor in your opposing QB is a rookie playing his first game and doesn’t factor in your QB has just damaged his finger.

Staley has to be fired. He’s an idiot.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
                  Having a new center will be a set back.
                  I think this will be a huge issue with going forward with Clapp at center. Linsley's experience between two young guards is crucial and putting an inexperienced, bad center between them changes everything. I don't know if Linsley will be shut down for the entire year or will be back at some point (hate how vague the Chargers are on injuries) but we have some really good DTs coming up and Herbert could be running for his life a lot.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Lol...someone said Matlock was first on the scene after the hit on Herbie...lucky Tillery got out of there with his soul...

Ba-da bump bump....
                    I liked Tillery's hustle, running all the way to the sidelines (and beyond) to deliver the blow.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Clapp was not our biggest problem yesterday, he did a decent job for a backup. Our secondary was a mess. Thank goodness Garappolo wasn't playing or he would have shredded these guys. Not quite so enamored with Moore, either. Some head-scratching play calls and a stalled offense again. Does he call all of the plays on offense or does Staley help him out? Just curious, don't know the mechanics of play-calling. Was thrilled with the win, though. Didn't have to do the walk of shame this time. All of those fader fans streaming out with not much to say. Priceless. Would be epic if we could beat the cowboys at home. It's going to be even more of a home game for them than the faders, those fans are thick as fleas on a possum.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Thanks Bolt-O. I also seem to recall under Staley, we end up with new injuries during the bye. So I hope this bye is a time of healing as opposed to our traditional time for new injuries to be experienced.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          The two backup to the backup safeties did all right today. I’m telling you, when James is out, Staley calls a better game. Did JC Jackson see the field? Never heard his name

I agree. He makes it too complicated when James is there that’s why other players get confused what he will cover

Comment

Working...
                          X