• Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Just imagine Wat he could do with Twat.

Wat
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
      Courtney Hall was our best center during my time as a fan, and we've had two other really good centers during that time. His lifestyle was never a concern for me. His name, though - that was funny.
      I don't know when you started being a fan, but Macek was probably the best center I've seen in SD but I agree that Hall was pretty good. His lifestyle is of little concern for me as well, but I'd prefer it not be in public just as he probably prefers mine not to be. His predicament in North Park, though- was still pretty funny.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Time to cook dis Tuerks.

Comment

• Boltaction
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Hardwick played as a rookie and the team went from 4 and 12 the year before to 12 and 4 with Hardwick as the rookie center. That's what the loose Cannons said, it can happen. Tuerk could possibly be the most impactful player of the draft. And yet the Chargers had a very impactful draft.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

It will be hard to judge Tuerk if our OL just stays healthier. I think that will be a huge difference to success. Even a non-sieve center would do ok if the rest arent falling down injured.

Im liking the pick. He's a Charger fan too so a homer at heart. He looks fast on film pulling. Get him healthy and see where he takes us.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              I don't know when you started being a fan, but Macek was probably the best center I've seen in SD but I agree that Hall was pretty good. His lifestyle is of little concern for me as well, but I'd prefer it not be in public just as he probably prefers mine not to be. His predicament in North Park, though- was still pretty funny.
              Macek was one of the other 2 good centers we've had. Hall was better. We can have Steve settle the argument.

As far as I'm concerned, Hall was a big reason we were always good at running the ball no matter who was carrying it. Richards and Thompson were decent run blockers too, but they were also inconsistent. The other side of the line, other than Eric Moten for a couple years and Jim Lachey for some early ones, was awful. Hall kind of kept it from being a disaster. (The o'line - not the offense. Henning and Ortmayer's quarterbacks did a good job of pushing the offense as a whole toward disaster.)

Donny Macek was part of a line made up of All Pros and should-be Hall of Famers, and he played when I was fairly young and was more interested in what the receivers were doing than what the center was up to. It was hard to judge how good he was. Macek wins for longevity. He started when I was 1 and was still there when I was in high school. Macek also wins for being one of the coolest dudes at training camp. The only one nicer to kids during Macek's time was Woody Lowe. Donny doesn't win for durability though. He missed a lot of games. Courtney Hall missed about zero games until his final year.
              Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Sun Valley, ID
                • Send PM

I don't know if you can say one was better than the other. Both Hall and Macek were great centers. Different types of centers, but both very good. Macek had better O-line mates than did Hall. I mean come on, Doug Wilkerson on one side of you and Ed white on the other. It doesn't get a whole lot better than that. One thing sometimes forgotten about Hall is how smart he was (is). He was in school at Rice University, which is no academic slouch by any means, at the age of 16! My friend coached Hall and said they would sometimes go to him with questions and his recommendations on blocking schemes. He said some of the other coaches were skeptical at first but that skepticism quickly went away when they handed Courtney the chalk.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

isn't The Tuerk the guy that goes around informing players they didn't make the final roster cut and collects their playbooks?
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    isn't The Tuerk the guy that goes around informing players they didn't make the final roster cut and collects their playbooks?
                    Yes, Beware the Turk
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                    X