• Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

You must not watch much football...
    You must not listen to the guys that know. The pro's but their money on the Lions. The guys on TV just bla, bla, bla Mahomes the greatest, bla bla bla.

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m curious how you know that? Is that real or just your hunch?

They start with a guess but they adjust the betting line so half the money will go to each side. If it’s not balancing, they move the line until it does. I was thinking before the game that a better bet was the Under. i didn’t think either team would score mid-20s+ and get the total to 53 or 54, whatever it landed on. I was right but I don’t have a bookie though, and betting games is just not a thing I chase around. Just me, i don’t care.

Chargering is an imagined curse, and curses are not real bro. We’re not gypsies, we are mature civilized educated first-world beings. Come live in the lovely hamlet of Flipville, we are joyous in all of our upcoming victories this year. You are always welcome with us.
      There are a variety of listening shows on the radio based on betting. They didn't say the Lions were going to win, but they took the 4 points and the Lions. Today they
      are not touching the Chargers/Dolphins game. Betting odds are -3 Chargers, essentially a tie since the Chargers are at home.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

This is drivel on multiple levels.

There is no such thing as a "professional" gambler. It's a fool's business for anyone taking themselves (or some other 'expert') seriously at guessing outcomes, and you can find smart people on different sides of every game.

I spent the evening with a very bright group of Lions fans last night, rooting along with them. For nearly the entire game they thought KC was going to win. If Toney doesn't have hands of brick...Chiefs likely win and cover easily.
        Actually there are. Doesn't mean they are always right. But they do have information we don't. And by the way those guys do make money on it. So there's that.
        I do agree with you about Toney and the KC receivers blowing the game. On the other hand Kelce was out and Mahomes lost his other two best receivers in FA.
        Jones also didn't play and the pros were betting on that. The pros don't make the betting line, that's based on the money coming in so Vegas hedges their odds.

I'm not a betting guy myself. But I do have friends that play that game.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post
          How do I paste a tweet here?

Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 1.38.08 PM copy.jpg

Comment

• ChargersSuck
            Troll
            • Sep 2023