• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
    Great assessment!

I can see why the media might try to hammer the chargers because fibs fed them bullshit all last year about Carson and the media couldn't wait to print what was being fed. Now they realize how stupid they look and believe this is payback.
    Well if that's the reason the media is even stupider than I thought.

Comment

• Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Hold up is offset. Chargers wont waive it. Bosa dosnt want it.

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Hold up is offset. Chargers wont waive it. Bosa dosnt want it.
          If this is the sticking point, then this is why I think CAA is using Bosa to get this offset nonsense addressed in the next CBA (stated earlier by someone much smarter than me in this thread). Think about it, he is willing to sacrifice millions to ensure that he can keep those same millions if he is cut? That is fucking stupid. He is being used as a pawn by CAA against what they perceive to be a target, the Chargers. The Chargers have a history of being difficult to work with and so they knew this would be the team/player that they would attack with because they knew this would blow up and get the max attention needed.

Say that out loud to yourself, you are potentially sacrificing millions of dollars to ensure that you will keep those same millions IF you, the # 3 overall pick, are cut. WTF?
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Local media is siding with the team, not Bosa's camp.

Seems to me local fans for the most part are siding with the team as well. The ones that aren't are pretty transparent about their grudge with Deano and his actions last year. They're not looking at the Bosa situation objectively.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
              If this is the sticking point, then this is why I think CAA is using Bosa to get this offset nonsense addressed in the next CBA (stated earlier by someone much smarter than me in this thread). Think about it, he is willing to sacrifice millions to ensure that he can keep those same millions if he is cut? That is fucking stupid. He is being used as a pawn by CAA against what they perceive to be a target, the Chargers. The Chargers have a history of being difficult to work with and so they knew this would be the team/player that they would attack with because they knew this would blow up and get the max attention needed.

Say that out loud to yourself, you are potentially sacrificing millions of dollars to ensure that you will keep those same millions IF you, the # 3 overall pick, are cut. WTF?
              If the players want offset language eliminated, what are they going to concede to the owners in order to get that? Is it really going to be worth it?

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

I'm starting to think that Bosa is essentially a child in mind and spirit. He is actually being controlled by his parents, and so they are complicit in this scheme to address this offset "issue", costing their son potential millions if not jeopardizing his career outright. I'm starting to wonder if we really need or want this guy, it is a waste at #3 but even if they signed him tomorrow there have been so many red flags raised with this guy.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

What a waste...

The Chargers dropped Bosa from third string to fourth string at defensive end on the team's latest depth chart. Darius Philon is listed as the starter, followed by Tenny Palepoi, Zamir Carlis and Bosa.
                  The Chargers pulled their offer to unsigned first-round draft pick Joey Bosa after he rejected what they said was their "best offer."

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
                    Haha...that was awesome.

"Since the new CBA every single player, every single one, has signed except Joey Bozo. Is it the Chargers or is it Bozo?"
                    sigpic

Comment

• This is how the media works guys. This is not hard to understand.

Local Media: Needs contacts within local organization, smaller market. Must have postitive close relationships, see each other very often those relationships are much closer. They RELY on these relationships.

National Media: Covers many teams, not as many close relationships. Close relationships like with AGENTS and AGENCYS. National media projects agent agenda for information. (see profootballtalk). If they dont deliver their message they give the goods to someone that will it is that simple.

So everyone harps on the local media, but they have no idea how hard it is to work with people everyday and try and get info to write and do your job. If guys like Ghelken took info they were asked to wait to report and said, "fuck it im a reporter!" what do you think they would get from that contact the next week.

Use some common sense.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

1. I think Bosa's camp is concerned with him being a DE in a 3-4. Those aren't glamour guys, they don't rack up the stats... they take on blocks so they LBers can.
                        (and yes, I know he'll play DE in nickel, and we play more nickel than base anyway)
                        2. Because of this, he will not have big stats when his 2nd contract comes around...so he won't command the big bucks that others do/will.
                        3. He wants his money up front. His Dad got cut and they want that insurance.
                        4. Chargers went public...because they were being perceived as cheap, and they are trying to build a stadium, and it made them look bad.
                        5. Now, they don't look as bad, and Bosa looks greedy.
                        6. I think CAA is definitely making a play to look like the big bad boys of the agent world...and if Bosa could have made them crumble (look they need to sign you Joey... they have a stadium vote coming up, it'll be a PR nightmare.) they would look like the place to sign if you are a top pick.
                        7. By going public, some now perceive it as bullying, and certainly won't help negotiations.
                        8. It's a giant cluster.
                        A worst of possible storms.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                          1. I think Bosa's camp is concerned with him being a DE in a 3-4. Those aren't glamour guys, they don't rack up the stats... they take on blocks so they LBers can.
                          (and yes, I know he'll play DE in nickel, and we play more nickel than base anyway)
                          2. Because of this, he will not have big stats when his 2nd contract comes around...so he won't command the big bucks that others do/will.
                          3. He wants his money up front. His Dad got cut and they want that insurance.
                          4. Chargers went public...because they were being perceived as cheap, and they are trying to build a stadium, and it made them look bad.
                          5. Now, they don't look as bad, and Bosa looks greedy.
                          6. I think CAA is definitely making a play to look like the big bad boys of the agent world...and if Bosa could have made them crumble (look they need to sign you Joey... they have a stadium vote coming up, it'll be a PR nightmare.) they would look like the place to sign if you are a top pick.
                          7. By going public, some now perceive it as bullying, and certainly won't help negotiations.
                          8. It's a giant cluster.
                          A worst of possible storms.
                          Bosa is getting all of his money as it is guaranteed. The pissing contest is how much of his bonus he gets this year vs waiting until March of next year or getting an offset. Where he plays is not relevant. Still not sure how good of an idea it was for Spanos to go public though.

Comment

Working...
                          X