Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy's jersey is going to be the lowest selling jersey for a 1st round pick ever.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

is Joey the 2nd coming of Brian Bosworth, but without colored hair?
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
        This guy's jersey is going to be the lowest selling jersey for a 1st round pick ever.
        Didn't somewhere here post that it is the number one selling rookie jersey this year?

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
          Considering every single No. 3 has received full bonus or no offset language since the collective bargaining agreement has been in place.... it also shows Bosa's camp came down from their initial position of 100%.

Bosa family probably decided 94% was the minimum they would go months ago. Chargers didn't come up to it. Too bad the Bosas family can afford to stand their ground on principle. Here we are. Glad John Spanos saved access to a million bucks for 60 days at the cost of developing their highest first round pick in like forever. +1.
          If you want to cherry pick numbers, you can do the same thing for the other side - nobody in the entire draft will get more money than him up front and only 1 player will get more this calendar year. Bottom line is that he has a more than fair offer (he didn't originally and that was all on the Chargers) that he should take. Having a family that can afford to stand on principal is great, but that principal is costing him money, development and is certainly not endearing him to his teammates and the public. While I don't care for negotiations in the press, Bosa is getting hammered publicly and the Chargers are easily winning the PR battle here. I also wonder about his agent - an agent is supposed to do what is best for his client. Is holding out over payment terms really doing his client any good?

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            If you want to cherry pick numbers, you can do the same thing for the other side - nobody in the entire draft will get more money than him up front and only 1 player will get more this calendar year. Bottom line is that he has a more than fair offer (he didn't originally and that was all on the Chargers) that he should take. Having a family that can afford to stand on principal is great, but that principal is costing him money, development and is certainly not endearing him to his teammates and the public. While I don't care for negotiations in the press, Bosa is getting hammered publicly and the Chargers are easily winning the PR battle here. I also wonder about his agent - an agent is supposed to do what is best for his client. Is holding out over payment terms really doing his client any good?
            Curious Rich, while I agree with everything you say above, my question is what is the local SD view? Is Bosa getting hammered in San Diego? It seems like the national media is kind of blaming the Chargers in all of this, even after yesterday.
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Maybe the agent is simply following orders.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Let's put the whole 'negotiating in the press' myth to bed. That has not happened here, as far as the Chargers are concerned, IMO. The Chargers 1st round pick is not signed. He's the only unsigned 1st round pick. The Chargers have a responsibility to inform their fan base on the situation, so they released a statement. A clear and concise statement and thats it. Does Bozo get accused of negotiating through the press when his rep's come out and say they haven't heard from the Chargers in 14 days? Or, when his own mother spouts off about 'pulling an Eli'? As much as I hate the Spanii, I can't really fault them for anything they have done regarding Bozo.
                sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                  Curious Rich, while I agree with everything you say above, my question is what is the local SD view? Is Bosa getting hammered in San Diego? It seems like the national media is kind of blaming the Chargers in all of this, even after yesterday.
                  In my neck of the woods, its been about 50/50.
                  sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                    I have listened to a lot of local talk radio and he is getting hammered pretty badly by most of the public. Most of the local media seems to be leaning the Chargers way as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      Didn't somewhere here post that it is the number one selling rookie jersey this year?
                      I don't know, but it wouldn't be true. Ezekiel Elliott owns that honor.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I have listened to a lot of local talk radio and he is getting hammered pretty badly by most of the public. Most of the local media seems to be leaning the Chargers way as well.
                        Bosa is getting hammered by current players from other teams and some former NFL players, and local fans

Chargers Organization is getting hammered more so by sports media, they are looking at the Chargers being stingy and petty.

A comment on Mike & Mike that I agree with is what Mike Golic said they are haggling over a payout of money period of bonus that isn't going to be any higher than what it is period, your 2nd contract payout is where you'll be negotiating for the big bucks the difference of millions Team A offering to pay you 9.9 mill and Team B willing to pay you 12.9 mill just an example

Holding out till next year not an option, no way he gets drafted at 3 in 2017 and after not playing, teams may not draft him high because they may not want to deal with the hassle of negotiating contract based on his history last year.

Bosa is in a no win situation if he comes in and doesn't ball out he will hear it from fans, if Bosa gets injured he will hear it from fans and the media missing time not being in football playing shape plus he is playing in a scheme he hasn't played 3-4 DE. If he balls out fans will love him and media will be on the Chargers why didn't they get this deal done earlier.
                        Last edited by OhioBolt; 08-25-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Faded blues
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                          Bosa is getting hammered by current players from other teams and some former NFL players, and local fans

Chargers Organization is getting hammered more so by sports media, they are looking at the Chargers being stingy and petty.

A comment on Mike & Mike that I agree with is what Mike Golic said they are haggling over a payout of money period of bonus that isn't going to be any higher than what it is period, your 2nd contract payout is where you'll be negotiating for the big bucks the difference of millions Team A offering to pay you 9.9 mill and Team B willing to pay you 12.9 mill just an example

Holding out till next year not an option, no way he gets drafted at 3 in 2017 and after not playing, teams may draft him high because they may not want to deal with the hassle of negotiating contract based on his history last year.

Bosa is in a no win situation if he comes in and doesn't ball out he will hear it from fans, if Bosa gets injured he will hear it from fans and the media missing time not being in football playing shape plus he is playing in a scheme he hasn't played 3-4 DE. If he balls out fans will love him and media will be on the Chargers why didn't they get this deal done earlier.
                          Great assessment!

I can see why the media might try to hammer the chargers because fibs fed them bullshit all last year about Carson and the media couldn't wait to print what was being fed. Now they realize how stupid they look and believe this is payback.

Comment

Working...
                          X