• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
    $16.6/$17.6 (Wentz' deal) is 94.3%, so Bosa wants what Wentz got which ought to be perfectly reasonable.

Whatever.... Sorry guys - Chargers have screwed this up. They lowballed a guy who (like Vincent Jackson) refused to be bullied. The Chargers can bully guys like Gates and others more often than not, but every now and then you lowball a guy who won't be bullied and they give you the finger.
    Sorry guy, you're flat out wrong, it's not reasonable. He should have been drafted second then. That's like the Chargers offering only 1% more than Elliot got, that would be bullshit.

Your stance was 1000% predictable. Chargers did have the burden of being wrong until proven otherwise. At this point, it's on Bosa. Not imo. Sorry.
    Last edited by sandiego17; 08-24-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Faded blues
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      They weren't wrong on LT, Seau or Harrison except on the optics. Those players were no longer worth their contracts and THEY demanded to be paid like they were still producing as before. Where the Chargers erred was in not handling those players more respectfully.

VJ was a player clearly all about the money. He went to an awful franchise that was QB challenged. IMO, top paid WRs that get arrested the day of playoff games for driving on suspended sentences and make boneheaded mentals to derail possible game-changing drives don't deserve to be paid like that. VJ wanted that all to be overlooked. Can't say I blame him, but th Chargers didn't overlook it and probably felt like since they had taken a chance on him out of a small school and developed him that perhaps VJ would have seen it differently.

Agree whole-heartedly with the take on Bonehead-sa.
      You just TMed bonehead-sa.

Love it.

Splitting hairs:

I just think that guys that gave their life to the team, fans and organization like Lt and seau derverve to get paid but it's probably why I don't have a billion dollars to own a team.

vj is a knucklehead but that dude could have helped us the last few years. I blame that one on aj being an asshole.

Comment

• SteveInCbad
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Yet another embarrassing move for this joke of an organization. The only first round pick in the NFL not signed will not be signing anytime soon if at all.

I really want them to stay in San Diego but sometimes I think they deserve L.A.

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

This is now 100% on Bosa and his Mommy and Daddy. This contract is fair no matter how you slice it. Fro them to decline this contract speaks volumes of what kind of loser this kid is. This is all about an agent trying to make agents relevant again in rookie contracts. This kid needs to man up, he's nothing but a turd at this point. His agent could cost him millions of dollars arguing over for what amounts to nothing. I wish NFL owners would collude and not draft this guy next year, lets see him enjoy being banished to some beer league.

This kid is everything that is wrong in modern day players. NFL is not a right, its a privilege.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

It's truly bizarre that it has come to this. The fact he is holding out over a freaking payment schedule just blows my mind. His agent vastly misread and seemingly continues to misread the situation. And the Chargers aren't guilt free with the heavy handed dealings and unrealistic opening offer. Taking it to the press is a gamble sure to make any hard feelings linger and perhaps even harden their stance if team Bosa wants to play the victim game, though appears to be winning the PR war. Only the freaking Chargers...

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Balcony
              • Senile Agitator
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              At this point i sort of just want the Chargers to announce they will be letting Bosa go back into the draft. That they wont be offering him a contract. They can do that i think right? Just let him stew in the fact that he blew a huge amount of guaranteed money. And let him wonder how much he will lose if hes not taken top 3 next year.

This thing needs closure. Let the team focus on winning now. So we lose the 3rd overall pick. We have a lot of good players on this team. Im tired of going into a season with so much drama hanging over the team.

Lets focus on winning. Maybe make a trade for a DT.
              Or maybe he re-enters the draft and we draft him in the 2nd next year and lowball him.

I'm still like a few others here. The gap is only 9%. Gotta be something else to this other than money.

Comment

• FiftyFive
                Dean Spanos is a traitor!
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

All this hate being thrown at Bosa and still no valid explanation for why it should matter to the Chargers how much of the bonus is paid upfront.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Isnt it the offset language? I think if it were taken out he would sign? Isnt that what they are saying. I heard he even offered to have a larger portion of his bonus deferred to next March.

According to Profootballk on NBC Sports, Chargers holdout No. 3 overall pick Joey Bosa has offered to defer a "significant portion" of his signing bonus to March 2017.
                  It's the first sign of progress we've seen in weeks though Bosa's surprise peace offering still wasn't enough to close the massive gap that exists between the two sides. Bosa has been working out in Florida but it's still unclear when we'll see him on a football field again. There's a very real chance this standoff could last into the regular season.

Comment

• Jaywa
                    Bosa!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Beaverton, OR
                    • Tech Support and Community Management
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Isnt it the offset language? I think if it were taken out he would sign? Isnt that what they are saying. I heard he even offered to have a larger portion of his bonus deferred to next March.
                    After all of this shit with SD management, maybe he plans to sign and mail it in immediately, planning to get cut after three years and wants to double dip and sign with another team? This is certainly not a sentence I ever thought I'd type, but at this point, anything seems feasible.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jaywa View Post
                      After all of this shit with SD management, maybe he plans to sign and mail it in immediately, planning to get cut after three years and wants to double dip and sign with another team? This is certainly not a sentence I ever thought I'd type, but at this point, anything seems feasible.
                      Or even worse, knows he can't really cut it in the NFL and needs that offset.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        Or even worse, knows he can't really cut it in the NFL and needs that offset.
                        How does the offset help him if he can't cut it in the NFL? He still gets his full guaranteed contract even if he is a bust, and if he really did flame out he won't get signed elsewhere and get the opportunity to double dip.

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                          Nah, I think it's much more likely he's looking at the short careers of both his father and uncle in the NFL and saying I want as much as I can get right fucking now.
                          If that's Bosa's logic, it makes zero sense. He's going to get all of the money by March, whether he's an All-Pro or has a year like Melvin Gordon did last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X