Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    At this point i sort of just want the Chargers to announce they will be letting Bosa go back into the draft. That they wont be offering him a contract. They can do that i think right? Just let him stew in the fact that he blew a huge amount of guaranteed money. And let him wonder how much he will lose if hes not taken top 3 next year.

This thing needs closure. Let the team focus on winning now. So we lose the 3rd overall pick. We have a lot of good players on this team. Im tired of going into a season with so much drama hanging over the team.

Lets focus on winning. Maybe make a trade for a DT.
    I reject that desire. I want Bosa on our team.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
      How can you tell there was no deferred or scheduled signing bonus and no offset language for Marcell Dareus, Trent Richardson and Dion Jordon???
      Couldn't find anything. Nobody used to care about reporting that stuff until now.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
        If this was the case why wouldn't they just say it's the case? Why would he be all excited when he was picked? Why would they be making contract demands at all? If this was the case why wouldn't they have pulled an Eli because that's not what they are doing.

This is a contract negotiation. The Chargers could easily cave but they have their reasons. Bosa's side could easily cave and their reasons seem questionable. Demanding 94% when 85% is offered...its the same amount of money either way...it's an asinine reason to be holding out.
        It's an asinine reason to not sign the third pick in the draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

:facepalm::banghead:
          Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
          It's easily defensible. The Chargers are making a huge scene, stomping their feet, and hoping nobody notices that their "best offer" still doesn't involve paying the whole bonus upfront like Bosa has been asking for the entire time. The Chargers gave a non-serious offer, probably for the sole purpose of giving themselves an excuse to publicly humiliate Bosa when it was inevitably turned down. They're acting like children, and they're in the wrong here.

What I want to know is why the Chargers can't pay the whole bonus upfront. I don't want to hear any more excuses like "it's the way we've always done it" (yeah, and remind me again how many Super Bowls that's won for you?). If the Spanos family is having financial problems, they need to come out and admit it. If there's some other reason, then enlighten us. But they need to stop flinging mud at Bosa and start giving some real answers to the taxpayers they're demanding a new stadium from.
          Why should they? No other team is doing that! Do it to please you? Great idea :facepalm: :banghead:

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Bosa will still make millions, whether it's this year or next.

Chargers owners will still be billionaires.

You and I are the ones that lose rooting for another 2nd rate organization with no fucking hope in sight. Fuck everybody involved.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              We know what side you ('ll) come out on. You made your decision before Bosa's situation even emerged in the media. Solid.

Seems to me the Bolts made a pretty sound offer. Now that the details have emerged, Bosa looks like a fucker. The good news is he and mommy can plan their next moves beginning now and can snuggle up for a long winter together with Joey standing firmly behind her skirt.

Wonder if he's even a good enough player to have taken at 3. Lots of knowledgeable people say no.
              Spanos is a dipshit. And, yes, I knew that before reading any details, and, after reading at least some of them (I don't know what details you've read - did you get the contract offer?) I still consider Spanos a dipshit.

I wonder what job Spanos would have if Daddy hadn't funded his life. At least Bosa busted his ass to get where he is. Or are you saying Bosa's mommy did all that tackling for him in college?

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Bosa has moved on deferral issue, but not enough for the Chargers

Posted by Mike Florio on August 24, 2016, 7:19 PM EDT

Wednesday’s statement from the Chargers on the Joey Bosa talks buried the lede at the bottom: The team will begin to reduce the monetary package offered to Bosa.

Far closer to the top of the statement appears the team’s characterization of various issues relevant to the negotiations. Each point appears below followed by Bosa’s counter-position, courtesy of a source with knowledge of both sides’ bargaining positions.

Point 1 from the Chargers: “An initial signing bonus payment that is larger than any player in the League has received in the last two drafts.”

Bosa’s take: He wouldn’t get the initial payment until September and multiple players over the past three years have been paid much more by this time than he would get. Some were even at 100 percent payout by now. This is why they limit the statement to the ‘initial portion’ and to 2 years.

Point 2 from the Chargers: “More money in this calendar year than every player in this year’s draft except one (QB Carson Wentz).”

Bosa’s take: Bosa should be getting more because he’s the third overall pick. The inclusion of No. 1 pick Jared Goff is misleading because he has a deal with no offsets on the guaranteed money. If the Chargers were to offer no offsets to Bosa, he’d accept the deferral.

Point 3 from the Chargers: “The largest payment and the highest percentage of signing bonus received in the first calendar year of any Chargers’ first-round selection since the inception of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (2011).”

Bosa’s take: He should receive the largest payment in Chargers’ history because he’s the highest pick they’ve had under the current system. Since 2011, they hadn’t even had a top-10 pick.

Other aspects of Bosa’s current position include the following: (1) his proposal calls for less cash to be paid out in 2016 than Carson Wentz’s deal at No. 2, as it should; (2) Bosa’s proposal deferred more money (measured by percentages and dollars) into 2017 than five of the top seven picks in 2016 who had offset language in their deals; (3) his proposal preserves the team’s precedent of offset language and final payment of the signing bonus in March 2017.

That last point is significant. Bosa has offered to defer a significant portion of the signing bonus to March 2017 in order to get the deal done. The team’s position is that it’s still not enough of a deferral.

Other discrepancies exist regarding language (specifically, for example, the language of the training-camp roster bonuses in future years), but on the major terms Bosa has moved on the deferral issue. The Chargers don’t think he has moved enough. And so now the question is whether the Chargers make good on their threat to move the total dollars lower.
                Blah blah blah. The last sentence in that bs is an emphatic yes. He IS going to lose dollars for taking a fools stand

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
                  It's an asinine reason to not sign the third pick in the draft.
                  $16.6/$17.6 (Wentz' deal) is 94.3%, so Bosa wants what Wentz got which ought to be perfectly reasonable.

Whatever.... Sorry guys - Chargers have screwed this up. They lowballed a guy who (like Vincent Jackson) refused to be bullied. The Chargers can bully guys like Gates and others more often than not, but every now and then you lowball a guy who won't be bullied and they give you the finger.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Agents statement

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

When was the last time a draft pick held out for a year and reentered the draft?

Bet it happens to us. We're the trailblazers of shit and misery.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Agents statement

Fair deal? Seriously? You're getting $17m dollars for signing a fucking contract. The dollars have been set by CBA slotting. The only ones getting shafted on a fair deal is the fans. It's costing the Chargers the same money, you're getting the same money. Throw your fucking toys out of your crib. Fair deal...you've got to be fucking kidding me.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

For a moment last year, I thought the U-T sports section had stopped being a Spanos propaganda rag. But I thought wrong. Thanks, Acee, for this masterpiece of horse splooge.

Comment

Working...
                          X