• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
    o Initial signing bonus is the one made right away, not the one made during this calendar year?
    o More money this calendar year than everybody but Carson Wentz.
    o More percentage than any Charger player in history.

This is a nice game we shall play trying to figure out what percentage the Chargers offered.
    We know what side you ('ll) come out on. You made your decision before Bosa's situation even emerged in the media. Solid.

Seems to me the Bolts made a pretty sound offer. Now that the details have emerged, Bosa looks like a fucker. The good news is he and mommy can plan their next moves beginning now and can snuggle up for a long winter together with Joey standing firmly behind her skirt.

Wonder if he's even a good enough player to have taken at 3. Lots of knowledgeable people say no.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      I'm confused on your point. He was offered 85% of the bonus this calendar year and the biggest initial bonus in the past 2 years. What is lowballed about that?
      The Chargers made it. KNSD logic.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
        Was reading the screen capture that had no percentage.

Yeah ok, 85% is reasonable I guess.

They must be holding out now on principle. What a waste.
        Johnny One Note can't run his mouth anymore. "I guess" is as close we'll ever get to "I was wrong." Progress?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
          The Chargers are lying. I can tell because their lips are moving. This is just their pathetic last-ditch attempt to shame Bosa into taking less than what he's worth.

Congrats, Dean - you've managed to make the Chargers even more dysfunctional than the Browns. Can you please fuck off now and let a real owner take over?
          Ah. Well 55'll step into the breach for KNSD.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              Maybe Bosa never really wanted to play for the Chargers. Maybe he's willing to take millions less to avoid having to deal with this organization, and all the uncertainty; the losing; the dunderheaded Spanos family.
              Then why did momma show up with all her Bolts bling and fawn over her boy getting picked by #3 Chargers???

Dunderheads travel in packs of three.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                Bosa will sign before week 1.

I thought it would be last Friday.

Why?

Because his paycheck starts to be reduced of he doesn't sign by week 1.

The chargers have the leverage.

The longer this goes on, the more I doubt bosa true desire to be an elite football player.

I bet the chargers offer was 12 mil now and 5 mil in March.

Kid should have signed.
                First - fuck the word, elite. That shit shouldn't be used in football talk. This is a man's game, and elite is a pussy word.

Second - Junior Seau, Dan Fouts, LaDainian Tomlinson, Philip Rivers. Four best Chargers players of my lifetime. Other than maybe Bambi, they are probably the four Chargerest Chargers ever. And they are four dudes who got into contract disputes with the Spanoses.

Conclusion - A contract dispute with the Spanoses shouldn't lead anybody to question somebody's desire to be an "fuck-that-word" football player.

Just so we know this isn't anything personal against the dude I quoted - Faded Blues might be the best screenname I've ever read. It's a man's name. It's a Chargers name - both in color and in the way the Chargers make us feel. And it just sounds fucking cool.
                Last edited by Guest; 08-24-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  Then why did momma show up with all her Bolts bling and fawn over her boy getting picked by #3 Chargers???

Dunderheads travel in packs of three.
                  I've seen her picture. She's a stylish mom and knows the best bling is Chargers bling. If Bosa ends up a Bengal or a Buccaneer, she ain't wearing that shit.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    So just on principal if im the Chargers i trade his rights for a 1st round pick in the draft next year. A late first rounder. Dallas somewhere in the 20's. He would lose millions. And look like the biggest idiot in the history of the draft.
                    I would also trade his rights. Either for a first round pick in next year's draft or for a player and a lower pick.
                    The NFL needs to make theses rookie contracts slotted so there is NO negotiating and the money is set. No asking for a higher bonus% or offset language. Just a black and white contract, take it or leave it.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      I would also trade his rights. Either for a first round pick in next year's draft or for a player and a lower pick.
                      The NFL needs to make theses rookie contracts slotted so there is NO negotiating and the money is set. No asking for a higher bonus% or offset language. Just a black and white contract, take it or leave it.
                      Will anybody really offer a deal like this? We ain't talking John Elway here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
                        I would pay any amount of money to see the look on those bastards' faces next year when it dawns on them that LA has never cared about the Chargers, never will, and they now own the NFL version of Chivas USA. It's going to be hilarious! Can't wait to root against the LA Chargers and watch them go 0-16.
                        Why don't you and Fred go open your own forum where you can dump on the team every day. Seems they offered the kid a more than fair deal and they tuned it down. I'm no fan is Dean but to chastise the team for this is irritating.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Bosa has moved on deferral issue, but not enough for the Chargers

Posted by Mike Florio on August 24, 2016, 7:19 PM EDT

Wednesday’s statement from the Chargers on the Joey Bosa talks buried the lede at the bottom: The team will begin to reduce the monetary package offered to Bosa.

Far closer to the top of the statement appears the team’s characterization of various issues relevant to the negotiations. Each point appears below followed by Bosa’s counter-position, courtesy of a source with knowledge of both sides’ bargaining positions.

Point 1 from the Chargers: “An initial signing bonus payment that is larger than any player in the League has received in the last two drafts.”

Bosa’s take: He wouldn’t get the initial payment until September and multiple players over the past three years have been paid much more by this time than he would get. Some were even at 100 percent payout by now. This is why they limit the statement to the ‘initial portion’ and to 2 years.

Point 2 from the Chargers: “More money in this calendar year than every player in this year’s draft except one (QB Carson Wentz).”

Bosa’s take: Bosa should be getting more because he’s the third overall pick. The inclusion of No. 1 pick Jared Goff is misleading because he has a deal with no offsets on the guaranteed money. If the Chargers were to offer no offsets to Bosa, he’d accept the deferral.

Point 3 from the Chargers: “The largest payment and the highest percentage of signing bonus received in the first calendar year of any Chargers’ first-round selection since the inception of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (2011).”

Bosa’s take: He should receive the largest payment in Chargers’ history because he’s the highest pick they’ve had under the current system. Since 2011, they hadn’t even had a top-10 pick.

Other aspects of Bosa’s current position include the following: (1) his proposal calls for less cash to be paid out in 2016 than Carson Wentz’s deal at No. 2, as it should; (2) Bosa’s proposal deferred more money (measured by percentages and dollars) into 2017 than five of the top seven picks in 2016 who had offset language in their deals; (3) his proposal preserves the team’s precedent of offset language and final payment of the signing bonus in March 2017.

That last point is significant. Bosa has offered to defer a significant portion of the signing bonus to March 2017 in order to get the deal done. The team’s position is that it’s still not enough of a deferral.

Other discrepancies exist regarding language (specifically, for example, the language of the training-camp roster bonuses in future years), but on the major terms Bosa has moved on the deferral issue. The Chargers don’t think he has moved enough. And so now the question is whether the Chargers make good on their threat to move the total dollars lower.

Comment

Working...
                          X