Elijah Dotson Makes the Initial 53 (Was Poll)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

makes me mad when I think we could've had Kahlil Herbert instead of Rountree...Rountree is not a bust because he was only a sixth rounder but the truth is a player of his caliber does not belong on the chargers roster or practice squad at this point, maybe 4 years ago but not now and arguably he's never been NFL caliber to begin with...
    The only negative would have been:

"Herbert...hands off to Herbert..."
    or
    "Herbert...to Herbert...touchdown!"

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

I don't know about his pass protection ability, but his bio speaks to him having pass receiving ability and return ability, his receiving skills are one of the things that stood out from his college career.
      Last season, Dotson led his team in rushing AND receptions...so, he can catch...

image.png​

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I disagree, at the NFL level it's NEVER easy to run around the end, even in preseason, if it was then rountree, kelley, and spiller would have been doing the last few years in preseason too.

the kid has that change of direction, jump cut, then burst that fools defenders into thinking that they have contain and angle and then he's gone, you can't teach that shit and not everyone has it...ekeler is the only other guy we've had that could do that recently...
        Yep...how many times have we seen Kelley on the sweep, and starts to turn the corner, but...either only gains 2-3 yards, or gets stopped for no gain...Dotson has that special talent to turn on the jets and make the turn...even vs. a good outside LB, I think he at least consistently gets 5-8 yds. quite a bit of the time, with a chance to break it for a much longer run...

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

I disagree, at the NFL level it's NEVER easy to run around the end, even in preseason, if it was then rountree, kelley, and spiller would have been doing the last few years in preseason too.

the kid has that change of direction, jump cut, then burst that fools defenders into thinking that they have contain and angle and then he's gone, you can't teach that shit and not everyone has it...ekeler is the only other guy we've had that could do that recently...
          Sooner or later a coach will insist a running back run the planned play, not lean on improvisation. Where will he be then?

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            We are all excited and it’s fun to have football back. But remember, there is more to RB than running. We don’t know anything about his pass pro and he didn’t get to show us his receiving skills. One of those can get the QB killed and the other can make it hard on the QB not to get killed. And the 3rd RB has to play special teams and do it well. Didn’t see him do that either.

And just remember we were all convinced Telesco was an idiot and someone would steal Bandy from us last year.

Hoping Dotson ends up being great.
            TG

Elijah Dotson 6 carries for 92 yards, 2TDs.

Receiving Skill-set - Dot has fluid receiving skills, superb hand-eye coordination and catches flares and checkdowns with ease. One more thing, Dot returned one kickoff rep last season: he took it to the house for a TD.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Sooner or later a coach will insist a running back run the planned play, not lean on improvisation. Where will he be then?
              ???? Barry Sanders was a master of this for an entire decade. I will take any player who gives us a percentage of what Barry did for decade.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

???? Barry Sanders was a master of this for an entire decade. I will take any player who gives us a percentage of what Barry did for decade.
                So far he's bounced his runs to the outside. Can't keep that up forever and make the cut. He could make it assuming the Chargers go with that many RB 's.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Thats why Barry Sanders was run out of the league. He never ran where he was supposed to. He was a coach killer.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Looks like he is tailor made for Moore's offense. Perfect combination of speed, vision and cutback ability. Not saying he is the end all be all but I think he is in a great spot here.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                      Looks like he is tailor made for Moore's offense. Perfect combination of speed, vision and cutback ability. Not saying he is the end all be all but I think he is in a great spot here.
                      Pollard comp?
                      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Thats why Barry Sanders was run out of the league. He never ran where he was supposed to. He was a coach killer.
                        Barry Sanders was run out of the league? We're talking about the Barry Sanders of the Detroit Lions, right?

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Prisoner of the moment.
                          My RB Depth Chart.
                          1. Ekeler
                          2. Spiller
                          3. Dotson
                          4. Kelley

Who has it better than us?